The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 05-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

They would have a lot of explaining to do with Apocalypse especially if they are gonna stay close to the comics. I hope they pull it off.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #52
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

I don't think it would take as much as people might think.

I suppose if you chuck in the mr sinister/cloning stuff then yeah

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #53
Ultron-5
The One.

Benedict Cumberbatch would make a good en sabah nur.

Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #54
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
It's Celestial tech not Shiar
huge difference.
Space Gods > random alien race
Also the Phoenix force in this film series is innate to Jean Greay, not a cosmic force searching for a host.
I think Marvel Studios has the rights to the Celestials, considering there is a decapitated head of one of them in the GotG film.

The Shi'Ar would be a suitable replacement.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

I am "lucky" in a sense that I had stopped reading comics when Apocalypse came around, because I can experience that first time with the movie in a couple years.

I have to say that I didn't care for that villain - naturally, because I didn't know him - but DOFP's end-credits scene was great. Not only that people worshipped him, but he built some pyramids like it was nothing. Probably just to pass the time. I'm definitely interested now.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #56
Manila Vanilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
For me, he'd make a good Mr. Sinister

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for Apocalypse!

Manila Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #57
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
You mean Mr Sinister?

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #58
ken smith
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnSabahNur View Post
metahuman strength, speed, endurance, and reflexes, megamorphic power allows him to assume any human form, grow to tremendous size, or reshape his body composition at will, discharge concussive plasma blasts, teleportation, absorb outside sources of power to increase his own abilites, techno-organic virus allows him to regenerate from a single drop of blood if necessary. The character is also able to project and absorb energy, and has displayed telepathy and telekinesis. Apocalypse is as well capable of technopathy, able to directly interface with the various technologies he has at his disposal.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is extraordinarily intelligent, a scientific genius with knowledge in various areas of science and technology including physics, engineering, genetics and biology, that is far more advanced than conventional science. Apocalypse has knowledge of Celestial technology that he uses for his own applications, such as altering mutants or humans. Apocalypse is also a skilled demagogue and a master strategist.

Apocalypse's blood can heal other mutants, but is fatal for humans.
Wow, he's practically the Thanos of X-Men.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #59
Erik Lensherr
Side-Kick

Ben Kingsley as En Sabah Nur.

Yes or No?

Erik Lensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #60
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I think Marvel Studios has the rights to the Celestials, considering there is a decapitated head of one of them in the GotG film.

The Shi'Ar would be a suitable replacement.
Or Galactus.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #61
ken smith
Side-Kick

Quote:
metahuman strength, speed, endurance, and reflexes, megamorphic power allows him to assume any human form, grow to tremendous size, or reshape his body composition at will, discharge concussive plasma blasts, teleportation, absorb outside sources of power to increase his own abilites, techno-organic virus allows him to regenerate from a single drop of blood if necessary. The character is also able to project and absorb energy, and has displayed telepathy and telekinesis. Apocalypse is as well capable of technopathy, able to directly interface with the various technologies he has at his disposal.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is extraordinarily intelligent, a scientific genius with knowledge in various areas of science and technology including physics, engineering, genetics and biology, that is far more advanced than conventional science. Apocalypse has knowledge of Celestial technology that he uses for his own applications, such as altering mutants or humans. Apocalypse is also a skilled demagogue and a master strategist.

Apocalypse's blood can heal other mutants, but is fatal for humans.
Wow, he's practically the Thanos of X-Men.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #62
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think they can find a decent African/Middle Eastern or someone with that background to portray Apocy. Aside from the usual go to actors for these things.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #63
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that they're going to want a more well-known actor to play him. They got Kevin Bacon and Peter Dinklage for the last two movies, so they're going to want someone AT LEAST that level to play THE big X-Men villain.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #64
laytonc32
Side-Kick

I vote for Idris Elba, and I don't care that he was in the Thor films. The Rock could be a good choice. he has the build to pull it off.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #65
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I really hope they can get a good comic likeness for Apocalypse. Not sure if they'll think it's over the top for this series or not.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #66
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
I am "lucky" in a sense that I had stopped reading comics when Apocalypse came around, because I can experience that first time with the movie in a couple years.

I have to say that I didn't care for that villain - naturally, because I didn't know him - but DOFP's end-credits scene was great. Not only that people worshipped him, but he built some pyramids like it was nothing. Probably just to pass the time. I'm definitely interested now.
You stopped reading before Apocalypse? Damn, that's a long time ago lol. Been a few good comics since then mate. I stopped when I ran out of space about 4 years ago but am starting again.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #67
TrueMiracle85
Newbie First Class

I think Haf■ˇr J˙lÝus Bj÷rnsson would be a great pick. At least from a physical standpoint. He's a television and film actor from Iceland, and recently appeared on an episode of Game of Thrones.

TrueMiracle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #68
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueMiracle85 View Post
I think Haf■ˇr J˙lÝus Bj÷rnsson would be a great pick. At least from a physical standpoint. He's a television and film actor from Iceland, and recently appeared on an episode of Game of Thrones.

Let's be real guys, we want someone who can deliver a stellar performance. Apocalypse is one of the biggest villains in the X-Men universe. We want someone who can be taken seriously as the all powerful Apocalypse (sorry Dwayne Johnson, as great as he is, he's not that type of actor. no one would be able to take that seriously). If we can get a menacing serious actor, he can obviously be cgi'd in or use a body suit etc.

The actor who plays the Mountain in GOT is very big, but has he proven himself as an actor you want to see as the main antagonist in a x-men film. I'd love to see this guy in the x movies, maybe as one of the Horsemen or as a member of the brotherhood.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #69
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Exactly. The guy would no doubt look great but how can he follow Fassbender & Mckellen as the main X-villain?

Old 05-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #70
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You guys have either a really small reference pool or aren't even trying regarding finding plausible actors.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #71
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

What about Mido Hamada?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #72
TrueMiracle85
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You guys have either a really small reference pool or aren't even trying regarding finding plausible actors.
If you read more carefully, you'll see I said from a physical standpoint he'd work for Apocalypse. That being said, let's also address the fact that Game of Thrones has had a great tracking record for casting stellar performers. In this particular case, he doesn't have much experience but I have a feeling we will find out next Sunday what else he has to offer besides being absurdly huge.

TrueMiracle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #73
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's be real guys, we want someone who can deliver a stellar performance. Apocalypse is one of the biggest villains in the X-Men universe. We want someone who can be taken seriously as the all powerful Apocalypse (sorry Dwayne Johnson, as great as he is, he's not that type of actor. no one would be able to take that seriously). If we can get a menacing serious actor, he can obviously be cgi'd in or use a body suit etc.

The actor who plays the Mountain in GOT is very big, but has he proven himself as an actor you want to see as the main antagonist in a x-men film. I'd love to see this guy in the x movies, maybe as one of the Horsemen or as a member of the brotherhood.
that is why I pick Idris Elba, he is a great actor (got a golden globe nomination for playing Mandella), is tall and has a great voice. I know he was in Thor, but really he was a secondary character, and I doubt many would recognize him.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #74
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

honestly I hope they go with motion cap and get James Earl Jones, if he's still around for doing voice over

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #75
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
that is why I pick Idris Elba, he is a great actor (got a golden globe nomination for playing Mandella), is tall and has a great voice. I know he was in Thor, but really he was a secondary character, and I doubt many would recognize him.
He's quite a good actor actually, and it wouldn't matter if he was in Thor. He wouldn't be the first actor to appear as two different marvel characters. He's got a good look for Apocalypse but he is a lot younger than I am hoping for. If this casting choice was made, I wouldn't be upset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
honestly I hope they go with motion cap and get James Earl Jones, if he's still around for doing voice over
This would be really cool, but he might sound too much like Darth Vader.