The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 05-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #101
JP
Smelly

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #102
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Only if he's not T'Challa.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #103
JP
Smelly

T'Challa? Are we pretending Marvel cares about T'Challa?

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #104
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't know if they will do with make up or motion capture.

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #105
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
lol hopefully they do. I'm sure we'll get a proper reference to Wakanda in Age of Ultron though. Presuming Ultron is made of Vibranium.

He'd be a great T'Challa. He'd also be a great En Sabah Nur.

He'd also be a great Bond villain (wasn't he rumoured for the new one?)

Old 05-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #106
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I'd give it a 50-50 shot of happening.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #107
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that it will happen eventually. The big question is more, how long will it take?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #108
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Here's Brendan Pedder, the actor who portrays young Apocalypse in the post-credits scene:

A lawsuit waiting to happen...

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #109
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am sure some are making jokes about it

Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #110
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Keith David or Ron Perlman should voice and mo cap for Apocalypse. I would prefer Keith so then we could have Perlman as Darkseid.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #111
The Endless
WE are Groot

I like Perlman a lot but there is less than zero chance he'll be Darkseid. Marvel just got an oscar nominated actor for Thanos in Josh Brolin. Darkseid if he ever appears has to be a casting of that size.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #112
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I like Perlman a lot but there is less than zero chance he'll be Darkseid. Marvel just got an oscar nominated actor for Thanos in Josh Brolin. Darkseid if he ever appears has to be a casting of that size.
Javier Bardem is someone who I would like to see play either Apocalypse or Darkseid.

Hamill-Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #113
JEM
Side-Kick

Damm i wanted Josh Brolin for Apoc

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #114
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I think it's far to say Perlman is as good an actor as Brolin. Perlman ain't no noob. He has a Golden Globe.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #115
The Endless
WE are Groot

I don't think so at all. Perlman is great don't get me wrong. But he hasn't got a performance like Brolin's one in Milk or No Country in him.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #116
Malik
Side-Kick

I remember fanbois wanted brolin for wolverine, kinberg said apocalypse will be huge and imposing like in the comics so obviously will be mix of cgi and mo-cap.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 AM   #117
kasjan
Side-Kick

Then how about Brad Garrett?
He's 6'8, has the right voice and looks like older version of Brendan Pedder.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #118
Malik
Side-Kick

He does, add some cgi muscles and grey skin

Old 05-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #119
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

The only thing I want to see from Apocalypse is Mr. Sinisters involvement. That's it. Apocalypse has never been that interesting to me aside from his design.

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #120
Malik
Side-Kick

Well apocalypse created sinister so..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #121
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3walkman View Post
Very few are stronger than Phoenix in the comics. The One Above All and Living Tribunal are. Galactus isn't. Celestials aren't. Phoenix is beyond eternal and infinite for it is the resurrection force of the multiverse, which ensures life after death, creation after destruction..
Thanks for this info!

Must get back to reading more comics!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #122
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

The Phoenix is essentially the biggest case of god-modding in comics I can think of.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #123
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
The Phoenix is essentially the biggest case of god-modding in comics I can think of.
Just one of the reasons why they should do another Phoenix Saga! A proper one, at that.

It would be interesting to see if the writers can somehow "introduce" the Phoenix in Apocalypse.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #124
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

Eh, I don't think they should try to do Phoenix with the Apocalypse storyline. It's worth its own proper movie, not something to be crammed into another movie.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #125
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Eh, I don't think they should try to do Phoenix with the Apocalypse storyline. It's worth its own proper movie, not something to be crammed into another movie.
Ooops, I guess what I actually wanted to say was to "give hints" of the Phoenix in Apocalypse. Something they did in X2.

But I guess that depends on what they're really planning to do with the franchise after AOA.

You're right. Phoenix Saga deserves a separate movie (fan boy wish).