SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Young Cyclops/Jean/Storm? Casting Ideas

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Young Cyclops/Jean/Storm? Casting Ideas - Part 1

When were new actors announced for DOFP? not talking about returning actors who its probably easier to announce then finding a new actor for a certain role

certain actors don't or won't get announced till very late, i believe evan peters was a late announcement

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-18-2015 at 10:39 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Mulholland-Jr
Gravy

Default Re: Young Cyclops/Jean/Storm? Casting Ideas - Part 2

Not counting the OT cast, March.

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
DOFP
Side-Kick

Peter Dinklage casting was actually announced on Feb.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #6
def28
Side-Kick

I would think the new cast's contracts are more complicated then grabbing returning members.

Was there any word on Isaac having a multi pic deal? Or is it assumed it's only for this film?

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I would think the new cast's contracts are more complicated then grabbing returning members.
Yep. It's probably a lot easier to draft up a contract for actors that'll only be appearing in one movie. These new actors are probably negotiating for multiple movie's just like the First Class set did.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #8
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, guessing that's why Reynolds wasn't announced for Deadpool until December as well.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #9
magneto23
Side-Kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQ32AcRM5M

Guess we can cross him off the list.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

"I'd love to do it but I won't."

LOL

Big fat Meh. Carry on.

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-20-2015 at 10:25 PM.
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:06 AM   #11
DOFP
Side-Kick

Alrighty then moving on to the next person, bummer tho.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #12
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Oooh booo! He was my #1 choice. He kicked so much a** in Kingsman.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #13
xrs13
Cold as ice

He was my #1 choice as well

Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

That's too bad. The role should go to Jamie Blackley.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #15
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

I know everyone else has already said it, but really bummed about Taron Egerton. He seemed perfect for the part (and wouldn't mind looking at him for 2 hours).

Joaqenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #16
JP
Smelly

Another day of nothing. They must be waiting to get all three before they say anything.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #17
kasjan
Side-Kick

Dylan O'Brien or go f..k yourself.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #18
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Basically.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

The second option then.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #20
Lip
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
These new actors are probably negotiating for multiple movie's just like the First Class set did.
Are these new actors really negotiating for mutiple movies? I mean, Apocalypse is officially the last movie of this "Origin Trilogy". Also it might very well be the last movie with McAvvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender.

So, what about the next movie after Apocalypse? Charles, Eric and Raven would be recast? Wouldn't it be weird only some characters recast. And wouldn't it be even more weird Hoult, Lawrence and Till playing 50 years old while other actors in the same age would be playing 20 years old?

My hope is Apocalypse will conclude this trilogy and set up another focused on Scott, Jean and Storm in 2000's. Same time the first trilogy takes place. This means another recast. Also, I hope the Gambit movie will be set in 2000s as well.

Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post

Lawd yes.

none of you would call me p***y if you saw me #blading to miami sound machine.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:36 PM   #22
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
Are these new actors really negotiating for mutiple movies? I mean, Apocalypse is officially the last movie of this "Origin Trilogy". Also it might very well be the last movie with McAvvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender.

So, what about the next movie after Apocalypse? Charles, Eric and Raven would be recast? Wouldn't it be weird only some characters recast. And wouldn't it be even more weird Hoult, Lawrence and Till playing 50 years old while other actors in the same age would be playing 20 years old?
to be fair if they are going for 18 year old actors now then by the time they made another film they would be in their 20s anyway

and as for the FC cast they don't really need to recast, presumably there would be alot less focus on them anyway for the big 3 or whoever else added

Old 01-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #23
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:

My hope is Apocalypse will conclude this trilogy and set up another focused on Scott, Jean and Storm in 2000's. Same time the first trilogy takes place. This means another recast. Also, I hope the Gambit movie will be set in 2000s as well.
Of course they are, it wouldn't make sense any other way. DOFP was a relaunching point for this franchise. With Apocalypse as the closing of the First Class trilogy, they'll need characters and actors to start a new set of movies - hence why they are bringing in Scott, Jean and Storm.

They'll be the three that'll lead the new franchise. I also doubt we'll see the last of McAvoy and Hoult after Apocalypse - Fassbender and Lawrence are a little more iffy but the great thing about those two is that you don't need Magneto and Mystique. You kinda need Professor X in an X-Men movie.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #24
Lip
Side-Kick

Quote:
They'll be the three that'll lead the new franchise.
But there is no word on that either, right? I do want Scott, Storm and Jean as lead in the X-Men movies, but there is nothing certain about the next movie after Apocalypse.

Quote:
You kinda need Professor X in an X-Men movie.
Professor X ideology yes, but I don't think the X-Men really need his presence. He is sometimes absent in the comics too, so I don't really see the need of Charles in every X-Men movie.

Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #25
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:

Why would you waste all of the years between 1983 and the 2000's??????

It makes so much more sense to continue with the X-Men movies in this new timeline with the new cast, assuming the Apocalypse movie is a success.

McAvoy would likely still be needed, at least somewhat, while Fassbender and Lawrence would be maybes.

In a lot of ways, people (me included) feel we never got a good Magneto centered movie. The first X-Men movie focused too much on Rogue and Wolverine, and the second one was all about Nightcrawler, and again Wolverine, while trying to give more meat to Jean and Ororo. The third one jumped the shark and killed off three main characters before it was all done, but again, Mags was never really developed. He was just a guy who built an army to attack (very stupidly) some facility.

First Class was the closest we got to Erik getting his due, but he was a good guy for most of it. Sure, he turned on Professor X at the end, but they didn't battle. And in DOFP he again turned on them, but he was more focused on Trask and the President, and Mystique, than of the X-Men. Plus his plan seemed more of a by the way, if you know what I mean.

So why not give Magneto what he deserves, which is Fassbender as the main villain, at least somewhat. To me, the Genosha or Asteroid M stories are perfect. Have Magneto isolate himself in the Apocalypse movie (just imagine him using his powers to rip a mountain and propel it into space) to set up the next movie, which would take place in the mid-80's.

Of course the world leaders would be concerned over Magneto and all of the mutants living on an asteroid orbiting Earth. Think about what the US would be willing to do to deal with that threat, and just imagine what Magneto would be willing to do in response. Now, give the X-Men the ability to go to this space station to try to reason with Erik, who isn't himself (thanks to the real threat... Cortez). The focus would be on the new X-kids and Erik, and would have the Acolytes, possibly Quicksilver (with his dad), etc. This story could even lead to Jean using the Phoenix Force to defeat Cortez, which then leads to the Shi'ar coming for her, which would be the next movie.

The point of what Im saying is that it would be a huge waste not to keep using Fassbender and McAvoy, along with the new actors and actresses playing these new X-kids. There are still so many amazing stories that they can do, and if they make them lead from one into the next we can hopefully stop all of this timeline jumping and stick to the same characters, at least for a while. So much can be done in the 80's and 90's, so why would we ever want them to just jump ahead into the 2000's again???

Oh, and for those who want more of the OT cast, fine, simply do an Exaclibur movie with the team being made up (in the OT) of Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, possibly OT Nightcrawler, and some of the more common Excalibur members (Captain Britain, Meagan, Pete Wisdom, etc.) and/or do a Cable Origin movie that uses James Marsden and Famke Jaansen!!!!!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote