The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread. -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Well as long as he has nothing to do with the script I'm more than happy. The biggest problem with MOS was the script. I'm glad Terrio is doing re-writes.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

For all you dread-heads out there, I got something you can argue about:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Playing it safe is featuring Batman and Superman in feature films all the time. That's what the are dfoing now.
Maybe as separate entities in film, but there isn't a bigger risk than doing this thing together and putting both of your most profitable superhero properties in one movie. It's literally make or break and the risks involved are bigger than what people may think. BvS is anything but safe. It's do or die at this point. The studio understands this, which is why I think they will do everything in their power to get this thing right.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Maybe as separate entities in film, but there isn't a bigger risk than doing this thing together and putting both of your most profitable superhero properties in one movie. It's literally make or break and the risks involved are bigger than what people may think. BvS is anything but safe. It's do or die at this point. The studio understands this, which is why I think they will do everything in their power to get this thing right.
That's not a huge risk at all.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
That's not a huge risk at all.
Keep reading. Like I said, it's do or die for what I thought was obvious reasons. In theory, Superman and Batman on the same screen may be the best bet, but as soon as you decide to follow through, lets just say it better deliver.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

If hey fail they'll just do another Batman or Superman movie, not to mention Justice League will still happen. It's a movie that will make huge money regardless because it's the first time these heroes are on screen together. Sure, you could call it a risk, but it's not that huge a risk.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
Tra-El
Side-Kick

It's already so soon after the Nolan-verse, which to put it lightly, has its own entity when it comes to that fanbase. If for any reason BvS underwhelms in any department regarding both characters, how would another Batman movie convince audiences to go see it? It's not Christian Bale or Nolan's Batman, which is beloved, and if BvS fails, then what? It's tricky.... which is my point.

The Avengers was a treat for everyone. Iron Man was a nobody at one point. Very few people cared about Thor. Captain America was a known Patriot but it didn't go beyond that.

Superman and Batman on the other hand, people watch with more crucial and criticizing eyes. They're the two most iconic superheros of all time and will be judged by that fact.

I just think BvS has SO much to gain and so much to lose all wrapped up into one. It truly is a unique pairing that's going to go down in 2016.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Believe me, there are bigger risks .

Batman vs Superman is about the most predictable, safe thing they could do. They're too late to the party to do solos for all the leads like Marvel, and jumping into Justice League is too big of a risk.

I strongly believe you're over blowing the risk factor, by a lot. Hell, just continuing on with true MoS sequels would've been more ballsy, in this team-up oriented superhero market.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #11
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
It's already so soon after the Nolan-verse, which to put it lightly, has its own entity when it comes to that fanbase. If for any reason BvS underwhelms in any department regarding both characters, how would another Batman movie convince audiences to go see it? It's not Christian Bale or Nolan's Batman, which is beloved, and if BvS fails, then what? It's tricky.... which is my point.

The Avengers was a treat for everyone. Iron Man was a nobody at one point. Very few people cared about Thor. Captain America was a known Patriot but it didn't go beyond that.

Superman and Batman on the other hand, people watch with more crucial and criticizing eyes. They're the two most iconic superheros of all time and will be judged by that fact.

I just think BvS has SO much to gain and so much to lose all wrapped up into one. It truly is a unique pairing that's going to go down in 2016.
With what you have said, wouldn't you think a Man of Steel and Sequel and a Batman reboot solo movie would be riskier?

Putting them together in a movie is a safe move. It automatically arouses more public interest than a MoS sequel or a Batman reboot would do. If the movie's bad, then most people will say "At least we got to see Batman and Superman on screen."

Old 07-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Reiter
Banned User

I'm sorry but throwing in the one superhero that ever made them money in the last couple of decades, the one superhero who constantly tops the comics charts no matter who writes his comicbook, is the safest thing they could do.

Every movie could fail, but with Batman in it, they can at least fail and make a billion dollars the way the Bayformers do.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
Masone
Side-Kick

I adblock this thread every time a new one is created.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I understand all of that, which is pretty obvious. I'm just looking at it from a different point of view at the moment for my arguments sake. If this was such a safe bet and so easy to make, then a Superman/Batman movie would have been made a long time ago. It's not easy to risk both of your biggest superhero franchise's into one. Before, if one would fail, they could of always leaned on the other in solo adventures.

You don't go into this saying "At least we got to see Batman and Superman on screen" when it comes to this. They got to do everything in their power to make this pay off. It's just my opinion on the matter. If I'm overblowing the risk factors involved, so be it.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
I'm sorry but throwing in the one superhero that ever made them money in the last couple of decades, the one superhero who constantly tops the comics charts no matter who writes his comicbook, is the safest thing they could do.
Gotta agree with you on that. Batman and Superman together is a risk? I dont think so. Its an incredibly safe option for the studio which is exactly why they are doing it.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #16
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I'm holding my ground in my point of view. I'm not saying that putting Superman and Batman on the same screen isn't the safe bet. People are obviously going to go wild about it and go in DROVES to see it. It's absolute pop culture HISTORY. I'm just talking more of the risk factors involved if this thing somehow doesn't live up to the hype. That worries me and the studio shouldn't be thinking a safe bet is always going to end up BEING the safe bet. They got so much to gain AND lose all at the same time. All of the studios chips are on the table with BvS.

Last edited by Tra-El; 07-21-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #17
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Just out of curiosity, has Captain Marvel killed in the New 52?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #18
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
I'm holding my ground in my point of view. I'm not saying that putting Superman and Batman on the same screen isn't the safe bet. People are obviously going to go wild about it and go in DROVES to see it. It's absolute pop culture HISTORY. I'm just talking more of the risk factors involved if this thing somehow doesn't live up to the hype. That worries me and the studio shouldn't be thinking a safe bet is always going to end up BEING the safe bet. They got so much to gain AND lose all at the same time. All of the studios chips are on the table with BvS.
The thing is they don't have much to lose as there is still Justice League. In addition to what I've said in previous posts, WB doesn't only have superhero properties. In addition, they've been through worse with both properties to the point at which if JL's a disaster, they'll try again in another 5-10 years.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

Yeah nothing risky about this. Maybe if they did it 6 or 7 years ago, but in today's day and age where superhero movies regularly pull in hundreds of millions of dollars in box office receipts alone (not including merchandising), it's practically a no brainer to be doing what they're doing.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #20
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

The only risk is if it does a TASM 2 and leaves much of it's core audience in a state of WTF. However, a Superman/Batman movie will make a lot of money especially with a Zack Snyder trailer. A good Superman/Batman movie will make a crap ton more. I understand how some will see this is a risk but I can't see WB losing any sleep over a Superman/Batman film.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #21
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, I am saying that unless it's X rated, putting Batman and Superman in the same film together is a safe bet.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #22
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I can see it now: The reaction from some people if B v S gets the same divisive response as MOS

"Oh, um, well they're just mad because they couldn't move on from Nolan. They're totally stuck in the past."

Old 07-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #23
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Or on the other hand if it's great Nolan's films will be shat on. Still baffles me how quick some posters on here took a sharp u-turn on Nolan's films after MoS came out and the announcement of a new Batman.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
The only risk is if it does a TASM 2 and leaves much of it's core audience in a state of WTF. However, a Superman/Batman movie will make a lot of money especially with a Zack Snyder trailer. A good Superman/Batman movie will make a crap ton more. I understand how some will see this is a risk but I can't see WB losing any sleep over a Superman/Batman film.
The money for BvS is a lock. The trailers for this movie are going to be unreal. The expectations are at an all time high. That will never change. All I'm saying is BvS has a ton of pressure since it's Superman and Batman together for the first time on the big screen and as safe of a bet it is from the title itself "Batman V Superman" it's still a sacred property that needs to hit with 1 or fewer misses. I think when it comes to Superman and Batman, it goes beyond numbers. I'm just hoping it lives up to the expectations. If it doesn't then there's something to lose as far as others in the Justice League. We need this film to be STRONG regardless of what's on paper right now and I'm confident it'll deliver.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #25
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

A lot is riding on this film, that's for sure. However I think that since they've already got justice league in production, it doesn't really matter how this film is critically since it's a guaranteed box office smash. They can afford to stumble out of the gate in certain ways, as long as they make up for it once the justice league comes out.