The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Wonder Woman > Wonder Woman

View Poll Results: Enchantress in Wonder Woman?
Yay 1 25.00%
Nay 2 50.00%
I will wait how she does in Suicide Squad 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Enchantress, Yay or Nay?

It appears that other thing Suicide Squad is doing is developing villains from the main leaguers. So far we have from Supes (if Lex is confirmed), one from Flash, 3 for Batman and the other one is a pretty interesting character.. which is? Enchantress!!
They can connect her with Wondy's mythos for example with Circe, I'm all for it. It has magic, mythos Do you think she will appear in Wonder Woman's first movie?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Enchantress, Yay or Nay?

Eh... 50/50. They could but frankly, I'd rather she get offed in the film to show how dangerous the missions the Squad go on are. Plus, it helps the bona fides of characters like Boomer and Deadshot if they survive a mission while powerhouses like Enchantress bite it.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

We don't know how important Enchantress is in the greater scheme of things for the DC universe. They may have chosen her so she could die in Suicide Squad because she is a lesser known character. Or she could be a tie to magic and the supernatural in the shared DC universe. Whether she appears in other movies or not, what she does signify of course is that there is magic and the supernatural in the DC movies, and opens up that aspect of things.

Wonder Woman, as the daughter of Zeus now, has the gods of Olympus as her villains/supporting cast. While I do expect magic and the supernatural to be a part of WW's world in some way, there are many ways they could go for her first movie. The fear I have is that WW fighting a witch or sorceress and magic being the main threat could make it yet another 'Supergirl' movie. There's always the temptation for female-led movies to have the heroine just fighting another woman and focusing on magic. While those elements are expected to be in a WW story at some point, magic and/or the supernatural can be present the way it is in Star Wars or Game of Thrones, where it is always around but not always the focus or so blatant. The more blatant magic I would expect in a Justice League Dark movie.

I don't know, Enchantress in Suicide Squad will have to be presented in a way where magic can help out the team in certain ways, but not be the easy answer to save the day.

I guess I wouldn't mind her in a WW movie only if there is more to it than WW vs. an evil sorceress.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

I think Enchantress' gonna bite it in SS.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
We don't know how important Enchantress is in the greater scheme of things for the DC universe. They may have chosen her so she could die in Suicide Squad because she is a lesser known character. Or she could be a tie to magic and the supernatural in the shared DC universe. Whether she appears in other movies or not, what she does signify of course is that there is magic and the supernatural in the DC movies, and opens up that aspect of things.

Wonder Woman, as the daughter of Zeus now, has the gods of Olympus as her villains/supporting cast. While I do expect magic and the supernatural to be a part of WW's world in some way, there are many ways they could go for her first movie. The fear I have is that WW fighting a witch or sorceress and magic being the main threat could make it yet another 'Supergirl' movie. There's always the temptation for female-led movies to have the heroine just fighting another woman and focusing on magic. While those elements are expected to be in a WW story at some point, magic and/or the supernatural can be present the way it is in Star Wars or Game of Thrones, where it is always around but not always the focus or so blatant. The more blatant magic I would expect in a Justice League Dark movie.

I don't know, Enchantress in Suicide Squad will have to be presented in a way where magic can help out the team in certain ways, but not be the easy answer to save the day.

I guess I wouldn't mind her in a WW movie only if there is more to it than WW vs. an evil sorceress.
While I see what you mean... One of Wonder Woman's best foes is Circe, if Enchantress and Circe are connected and having Cheetah or Ares in some sort of way... it could be epic.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Hey, remember when Marvel had Black Panther and Storm get married? That's a lot like this suggestion.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote