The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #51
Storm22
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Small Things That Go A Long Way

I really liked how the scene of Professor X using Cerebro on the X jet showed how few mutants were actually left in the future. On second viewing that was a very sombre moment.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #52
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

I just like the overall feeling you get throughout the movie: nostalgia.

I'm still watching the first trailer and I still get humongous chills. Gosh, I can't imagine the effort they put together to bring back the OT and FC cast together for this.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #53
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Nostalgia is a great thing!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #54
momochan
Lieutenant JG Newbie

When Erik tells Charles that he hasn't had a drink in 10 years, it seems to be like a small dig at Charles, along the lines of 'I've been imprisoned for our cause but you've been lolling around drugging and drinking'.

Also when Logan's bone claws come out, the sound isn't the 'snikt' or metallic twang - it's a sick, wet gurgle.

When Charles says "You abandoned me!" to Erik, I thought that referred to FC where Charles mentions his stepfather. So Charles grew up with the awareness that he was a stepchild - who know what happened to the bio father - so you can see how he'd have some abandonment issues.

The photo of Raven that Charles has shows her not in her true blue but her trying-to-pass appearance. So even with all the time that has passed, he may not be reconciled to her real self. (On the other hand, I don't know how you'd get film of a blue-skinned woman developed back in the 60s...)

Old 08-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #55
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

The combination of editing-pacing-scoring-acting.

Which, obviously are not little things. But the "little things" are that you can tell so much attention to detail was made.

I think having Ottman be both composer and editor really helped.

One example of all the elements coming together: the shot of Quicksiver from Magneto's perspective when he first seem him. And then Quicksilver gives that smile. Which is perfectly timed to the music and felt set up perfectly with the previous cuts.

usagicassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #56
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I like the airporty sounds of the prison camp at the beginning

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #57
momochan
Lieutenant JG Newbie

I liked the way that 'violent' acts were shown with some kind of blowback - when Charles punches Erik, Charles' hand hurts. When Erik shoots at Mystique, he gets a wound on his head that needs stitches.

Also it was interesting that Charles was acting more fatherly towards Quicksilver than Erik was. And that opportunity to be a father figure to this lost boy seemed to bring Charles back to life.

The way that the drug oozing out of the needle looked just like honey - sweet and tempting.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #58
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

A very little thing:

I liked how Ellen Page as Shadowcat uttered "Professor?" so weakly yet hopeful after the opening battle scene. This was the part when the scene focused on the eye of Prof. X. I don't know. There's just something about it.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #59
pantiara

There was something that bothered me...
In the scene where Quicksilver is about to go into super fast mode and mess everything up, he puts on his headphones... but they didn't have those clip on earphones back in the 70's, did they? They would have either been the big heavy headphones or the itty bitty in-ear earphones, wouldn't they?

pantiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #60
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantiara View Post
There was something that bothered me...
In the scene where Quicksilver is about to go into super fast mode and mess everything up, he puts on his headphones... but they didn't have those clip on earphones back in the 70's, did they? They would have either been the big heavy headphones or the itty bitty in-ear earphones, wouldn't they?
Actually most of the things he has were available in that time as "prototypes" which he easily could have stolen. I remember reading an article that analysed it. It wasn't 100% perfect, but close.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #61
momochan
Lieutenant JG Newbie

I can't believe I missed it the first few times I saw the movie, but the tattoo on Erik's arm of his concentration camp number was a good touch - some directors would have focused in on it with heavyhanded music overlaid but Singer is more subtle than that.
Now, if I instantly knew whether the actual number matched that of previous Xmen movies, *then* I'd be an uber-geek.