The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: What combo?
Lex, Brainiac, Metallo 6 10.17%
Lex, Brainiac, Darkseid (BEFORE JL?! YOU CRAZY) 1 1.69%
Lex, Metallo, Doomday 0 0%
Lex, Deathstroke, Cheetah 3 5.08%
Lex, Joker, Metallo 4 6.78%
Lex, Joker, Brainiac 4 6.78%
Lex, Metallo 29 49.15%
Lex, Brainiac 5 8.47%
Lex, Doomsday 4 6.78%
Lex, Darkseid (no way that would happen in BvS) 0 0%
Lex and drone army 3 5.08%
Lex, Joker 5 8.47%
Just LEX! 6 10.17%
Other combination of two 5 8.47%
Other combination of three 2 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #51
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: BvS villains... How many and which one(s)?

Imagine if Metallo is like the Sentinels from DOFP.

Masone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #52
Verick808
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Superman would have solo'd those things. With kryptonite, I don't know how Bats would be able to win against them unless they use his Batgod incarnation.

Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:06 AM   #53
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
That seems more like Brother Eye and his OMACs than Metallo.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #54
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

It's tough as it is, to introduce and establish Batman, while giving Superman the right amount of attention and screentime, on top of that you need to tease Wonder Woman just right to the point where she makes an impression. Even with all of that and each character's supporting casts, you still need a strong villain above all of that, to add another villain on top of this...that's what we call a fustercluck.

Just Lex please.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:29 AM   #55
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verick808 View Post
Superman would have solo'd those things. With kryptonite, I don't know how Bats would be able to win against them unless they use his Batgod incarnation.
The best way to use him in a JL setting.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #56
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

There's something about the way the press release mentions Holly Hunter that has me suspecting that her brand-new character might be an antagonist of some kind. Mulvey is probably a supporting/background character given that his name wasn't mentioned in the press release.

As far as other antagonists go, I'm getting the feeling that Snyder and Co. might be pulling a Frozen on us (anyone who's seen the film should hopefully understand my meaning).

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #57
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
It's tough as it is, to introduce and establish Batman, while giving Superman the right amount of attention and screentime, on top of that you need to tease Wonder Woman just right to the point where she makes an impression. Even with all of that and each character's supporting casts, you still need a strong villain above all of that, to add another villain on top of this...that's what we call a fustercluck.

Just Lex please.
i hate hasty conclusions like this. X-Men DOFP, Avengers, LOTR, Star Wars all show that you can handle large casts of characters without it being a fustercluck.

Multiple characters doesn't automatically mean cluster****. There have been ****** comic book movies that have mishandled multiple characters, but there have also been enough good ensemble films so that fanboys shouldn't be making posts like yours anymore.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #58
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
i hate hasty conclusions like this. X-Men DOFP, Avengers, LOTR, Star Wars all show that you can handle large casts of characters without it being a fustercluck.

Multiple characters doesn't automatically mean cluster****. There have been ****** comic book movies that have mishandled multiple characters, but there have also been enough good ensemble films so that fanboys shouldn't be making posts like yours anymore.
It's a completely reasonable fear that's not going to go away anytime soon, whether you like it or not. Buckle up and get ready for many more posts like it, because as I said, it's a fear that is completely justified.
People point to the Avengers and DOFP to show how it can be done well, but keep in mind those movies featured characters that had all pretty much been introduced in previous films, which gave the story room to breathe once they all came together.
Introducing Batman, Lex Luthor, and Wonder Woman and giving them all enough screen time for them to be interesting while still moving the plot forward will be challenging enough as it is. Throwing in another villain, or possibly two, could very easily be suicide for this movie.
It can be done well, but just because it's possible doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just because you have blind confidence doesn't mean other people should share that.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #59
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I think it's entirely possible that this movie could end up being a "sacrificial lamb" of sorts, a movie that has to rip the band-aid off and do all the work of introducing these characters in order to get us into the Justice League franchise.

I'm sure with the Terrio re-write, they're trying to put their best foot forward and try to make it a good movie in its own right. Time will tell if they've actually got a balanced story to tell with all these characters.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #60
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think it's entirely possible that this movie could end up being a "sacrificial lamb" of sorts, a movie that has to rip the band-aid off and do all the work of introducing these characters in order to get us into the Justice League franchise.

I'm sure with the Terrio re-write, they're trying to put their best foot forward and try to make it a good movie in its own right. Time will tell if they've actually got a balanced story to tell with all these characters.
I'm cautiously optimistic (which is a lot more than I could have said a few weeks ago), but I still have my doubts. Time will tell indeed.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #61
Rorschach2012
$

Right now I'm hoping for Lex, Joker, and Metallo

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #62
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
That seems more like Brother Eye and his OMACs than Metallo.
I want the OMACS and Brother Eye. They'd make a lot of sense if the rumors of Batman having a drone army turns out to be true.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #63
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Lex and Metallo vs Supes and Bats. Balanced.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #64
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post

DOFP focuses primarily on 4 characters, all people who were already established in previous movies. Avengers again...all established. LOTR is basically one big movie in 3 parts, so they can afford to skip out some characters because they'll likely show up later on. Star Wars focuses primarily on three characters. BvS requires Batman and his world to be set up and established, you need to give him a good amount of material and attention so that the audience can familiarize themselves with this iteration of him, this would be fine in a batman solo movie, but considering this is just as much superman's movie, you need to give him EQUAL time. That alone is enough, but seeing as this film as Wonder Woman AND Lex Luthor? Yes it's filled to the brim, no one should fall on the wayside like halle berrys storm in DOFP, Hawkeye in Avengers, or feel like a sidekick like chewbacca or merry and pippin.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #65
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Lex and Metallo is I think what we're getting maybe a Batman one of the minor Batman villains too.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #66
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

I know Avengers, DOFP, and Star Wars are everyone's go to movies but really we should be looking at the new Star Trek. We had backstories of Kirk (his parents/ Pike) and Spock (his parents/ Old Spock), a lengthy introduction to Uhura, a memorable introduction to Bones, and Nero's backstory/motivation all before we got to the Enterprise where we then met Chekhov, Sulu, and Scotty. So are they have to do is use te Star Trek model. Replace Kirk, Spock, and Uhura with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Nero with Lex, they're set.

John Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #67
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

For this movie I'd go Lex-Metallo/Parasite. for the clifhanger if they use metallo they can use brainiac to be the JL villain.
We have Cyborg too. that could lead us to Brainiac too.

Last edited by John-An; 05-28-2014 at 04:34 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #68
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

IMO a batman villain should only have 5-10 mins of the movie, if that. And be a lesser known ( save the hype of bigger fish for later franchises ) this should remain as superman-centric as possible. I like to see BVS as an exploration of people's fears of an almost god like being. Batmans fear for if ever his flip switches to monster mode, lex' fear and gealousy of an alien being all powerful, and the millitary to mirror lex' trail of thought. I'd just love a face to face scene involving lex and superman, where superman just says "you're wrong about me you know?"

That being said lex and metallo for the villains, because lex and the millitary could be in the same bed as each other in this one, and have batman sit on the fence watching and learning

-Nam rorriM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #69
badgrammar
Side-Kick

It's Bizzaro

You guys all think it's Metalo, just like you guys all thought it would be Doctor Strange in TDKR

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #70
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
It's Bizzaro

You guys all think it's Metalo, just like you guys all thought it would be Doctor Strange in TDKR
That's some pretty bizarre reasoning.

But I don't think it's going to be Metallo either.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #71
badgrammar
Side-Kick

No one thought of Bane and Catwoman for TDKR. Just keep that in mind folks.

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #72
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Parasite would be a great villain in a future JL or standalone Superman film. I just see them going for Metallo (which is awesome) as it lines up with the possible drone army as well as the fact that he would represent first application of Kryptonian tech. That brings in Lex Luthor, that creates possible relationship with Bruce at first... etc.

BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #73
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

It should be Metallo... I mean fans on all superman related fansites have been suggesting Metallo/Brainiac/Lex film for years. It's hard for them to ignore what most people consider a good villain for live action.

BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #74
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

I think it will be Lex/Some Muscle this film. Metallo or Doomsday.

Brainiac will have to be the Justice League villain I think though... it makes sense.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #75
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Doomsday is too powerful for this. maybe for the JL? I'd say Parasite will be pretty effective for this movie. or Brainiac unleashing Doomsday for JL.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote