The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: What combo?
Lex, Brainiac, Metallo 6 10.17%
Lex, Brainiac, Darkseid (BEFORE JL?! YOU CRAZY) 1 1.69%
Lex, Metallo, Doomday 0 0%
Lex, Deathstroke, Cheetah 3 5.08%
Lex, Joker, Metallo 4 6.78%
Lex, Joker, Brainiac 4 6.78%
Lex, Metallo 29 49.15%
Lex, Brainiac 5 8.47%
Lex, Doomsday 4 6.78%
Lex, Darkseid (no way that would happen in BvS) 0 0%
Lex and drone army 3 5.08%
Lex, Joker 5 8.47%
Just LEX! 6 10.17%
Other combination of two 5 8.47%
Other combination of three 2 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #101
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: BvS villains... How many and which one(s)?

Ultra Humanite and Hugo Strange

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #102
SUPERGRAVE
an ideal to strive toward

You're joking, right? Hugo Strange is perfect for a solo Batman movie. Ultra humanite is a giant monkey.

SUPERGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #103
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGRAVE View Post
It may not seem like Braniac and Zod are similar, but look at it this way: Zod came to repurpose (read: destroy) earth, just like Brainiac would go. Zod's ship had Biotech tentacles like something you'd expect Braniac to have. Command keys and ship tech are similar, too. The only way Braniac would work this soon is by reimagining his origins and removing the kryptonian ties.
You don't know how Brainiac will be presented in this universe. Brainiac is far more than just an invasor. and that's what is interesting about him. I'm refering to the Coluan version.

Quote:
Nobody wants to see just Lex again. I'm tired of seeing him over and over. He needs to be behind the scenes. I like Metallo, but he's too predictable. They picked an old movie villain with Zod, so I have a feeling that they will explore one of his lesser-known villains. Metallo could be there along with Parasite or someone else, since we have three heroes.
Lex will not be a physical villan, there will be physical villains thats for sure, we have the DC trinity man, they just haven't announced them yet. But you need to know that this Lex Luthor has nothing to do with the past incarnations on live screen. this lex will be more as the comics, STAS, Smallville type.

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #104
eat mas tacos
Side-Kick

I think you would need 3, and use them the way Nolan used his antagonists - obviously the main guy (Ras Joker Bane) your mid level guy (Scarecrow Two Face Catwoman) Bottom tier (Falcone Lau & Thugs Thalia)

For me:
Tier 1: Bizarro Braniac Lobo Metallo all would work
(I would prefer Braniac so that they could set him up as the guy leading into JL. I think he'd make a pretty good first villain for the group to face off on before they face Darkseid)
Tier 2: Batman
Tier 3: Lex

Doomsday would be best used in a stand alone Superman movie; maybe even before the second JL.. idk maybe...

Darkseid would be best in a Justice League team up movie. 1st 2nd or hopefully a 3rd one, doesn't matter.

As far as the "cliffhanger" I wouldn't mind them saving the main antagonist for the end and not really using him in the movie BUT if it ends with a Joker silhouette to set up a solo Batman movie, hell I wouldn't be apposed to it lol

eat mas tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #105
ShoguN
Side-Kick

Im thinking how MOS had alot of easter eggs for other superheros, that bvs will have easter eggs for alot of villians. I think wel see or atleast be given a hint of Doomsday, Braniac, Darkseid, Metallo, and maybe even Batman villians. But i think for bvs the main villians will me Lex, and Metallo. I wouldnt b surprised if they take out Metallo fairly easy and in comes Doomsday and that fight carries over into JL movie..

ShoguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #106
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

If they don't use Doomsday before Henry Cavill's run as Superman is over I will be disappointed. But I wouldn't use him in this movie. As I said before, it depends on how many movies they release in this universe. I hope he's one of the last villains of this universe, if not the final villain.

DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #107
Rorschach2012
$

Psh Darkseid is THE choice for final villain. Doomsday works best midway thru Superman's story

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #108
ShoguN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
If they don't use Doomsday before Henry Cavill's run as Superman is over I will be disappointed. But I wouldn't use him in this movie. As I said before, it depends on how many movies they release in this universe. I hope he's one of the last villains of this universe, if not the final villain.
I understand what yor saying. Id be cool if they used Darkseid as the final villian though. Like Doomsday is Darkseids weapon

Old 06-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #109
Rorschach2012
$

Doomsday is too stupid and one dimensional to be the final villain of what I hope will be the greatest film series of all time

Old 06-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #110
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Psh Darkseid is THE choice for final villain. Doomsday works best midway thru Superman's story
No, I definitely understand that point of view. I just like Doomsday the most of all Superman's villains. Point is, I hope he is one of the last villains we see. Darkseid can be the final villain, it does make sense and he's right behind Doomsday for me as far as Superman villains. Plus the longer you put them off the more advancements in CGI there will be.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #111
ShoguN
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Rorschach2012;28982215]Doomsday is too stupid and one dimensional to be the final villain of what I hope will be the greatest film series of all time[/

Excellent point!

Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #112
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

I'm going with two villains - Lex and that Cyborg guy (and maybe with a few henchmen too).

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #113
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
You're joking, right? Hugo Strange is perfect for a solo Batman movie. Ultra humanite is a giant monkey.
Um, no Ultra-Humanite is a scientist who transplants his mind into an albino gorilla and is a trying to take over Superman's body (some times).

He's also Superman's FIRST arch enemy and yet we still haven't seen him in live action. Strange can work in a villain team up....look at Arkham City for proof lol.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #114
Rorschach2012
$

Doomsday & Lex vs Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman

Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #115
Rorschach2012
$

I'm still thinking Doomsday and Lex are the villains, but I'm really not sure what role Callan Mulvey will be playing.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #116
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'm still thinking Doomsday and Lex are the villains, but I'm really not sure what role Callan Mulvey will be playing.

I agree these latest set pics of flowers on a superman statue leads me to believe we're getting doomsday and the Death of Superman with his Return in the JL film.

Mulvey is Metallo that Lex unleashes?

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #117
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Some re-imagining of The Death of Superman (with either Lex or Metallo) seems like a definite possibility. It's not 'too soon' if they do something different with it. Just like in Star Trek Into Darkness, they can take a story from the end of a character's career and place it at the beginning for a different narrative purpose.

Superman showed that he was willing to take a life to save the people of Earth, and now he'll have given his own life as well. Whereas the Death of Superman comic was about the world mourning for its beloved hero, I'm guessing this act in the movie will be what causes the people of Earth to finally appreciate him, what changes certain people's minds about him, and what inspires the formation of the Justice League.

I hope they allude to both "Funeral for a Friend" and the funeral in TDKReturns (albeit with roles reversed, with Batman noticing Superman's heartbeat in an uplifting TDKRises style Zimmer montage).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-25-2014 at 09:51 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #118
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

If the rumors about Hunter playing a Senator and Tao playing one of Lex's bodyguards (but not calling her Mercy) are true then it sounds like all 3, including Mulvey, actually will be playing characters that are original for the movie. Which would mean he's not John Corbin/Metallo or Doomsday. Maybe he's just Lex's other bodyguard? Lord knows this version of Lex will need all the bodyguards he can get considering Lois Lane could probably hand him an ass whooping...

Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #119
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Please. Everyone knows Jesse Eisenberg is a 73rd degree black belt.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #120
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Some re-imagining of The Death of Superman (with either Lex or Metallo) seems like a definite possibility. It's not 'too soon' if they do something different with it. Just like in Star Trek Into Darkness, they can take a story from the end of a character's career and place it at the beginning for a different narrative purpose.

Superman showed that he was willing to take a life to save the people of Earth, and now he'll have given his own life as well. Whereas the Death of Superman comic was about the world mourning for its beloved hero, I'm guessing this act in the movie will be what causes the people of Earth to finally appreciate him, what changes certain people's minds about him, and what inspires the formation of the Justice League.

I hope they allude to both "Funeral for a Friend" and the funeral in TDKReturns (albeit with roles reversed, with Batman noticing Superman's heartbeat in an uplifting TDKRises style Zimmer montage).
All of this makes sense and sounds ****ing awesome.
EDIT:

it's just as likely that they would use Metallo and Lex. I won't be disappointed if that is the case..
i think this could end up being true:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/batman-...ed-crew-member

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 06-25-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #121
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I agree that Metallo could be just as likely. In addition to the rumor of his inclusion (and the rumor that he kills Superman), there was the rumor about Bat-drones which might fit better with Metallo. Perhaps they're corrupted by Metallo or by a mysterious external force (Luthor or Brainiac). The corrupted Bat-bots would also give more fodder for Diana to tear through.

I could also see them tying Metallo & Cyborg's origins together. Either they undergo the procedure in the same scene together (perhaps there are a handful of subjects), or in similar fashion to JL Origin, perhaps Victor is looking for his dad after he missed his big 'Gotham v Metropolis' game, and at the lab, Victor is injured -- not by an exploding Mother-box, but by Dr. Stone's subject, Metal-0, which mysteriously activates and violently escapes. In order to save his son's life, Dr Stone decides to give Victor the same procedure.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-25-2014 at 11:25 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #122
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Those are really nice theories FOATF

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #123
Luchador Bane
I'm Trying OK?

How about a giant mechanical spider? Or even Maxwell Lord played by Jay Burach...oh wait...nevermind

Luchador Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #124
bluerayer
Swamp Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchador Bane View Post
How about a giant mechanical spider? Or even Maxwell Lord played by Jay Burach...oh wait...nevermind
Maxwell Lord should of course be played by Michael Weatherly from NCIS

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=270244
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #125
Rorschach2012
$

Tom Cruise is probably too big for it, but he has always been my ideal Max Lord.