The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

View Poll Results: Which Original Cast members do you want to see in X-Men Apocalypse?
Wolverine (future version/Hugh Jackman) 42 59.15%
Xavier (Patrick Stewart) 38 53.52%
Magneto (Ian McKellen) 26 36.62%
Cyclops (James Marsden) 41 57.75%
Jean (Famke Janssen) 45 63.38%
Storm (Halle Berry) 33 46.48%
Beast (Kelsey Grammer) 28 39.44%
Kitty (Ellen Page) 26 36.62%
Colossus (Daniel Cudmore) 17 23.94%
Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) 24 33.80%
Rogue (Anna Paquin) 32 45.07%
Mystique (Rebecca Romijn) 19 26.76%
Angel (Ben Foster) 16 22.54%
Other (specify in comments) 4 5.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2014, 06:05 AM   #26
hoy-small-fry
No strings on me...

Default Re: Original Actors returning - Official Thread

I think Stewart and Jackman bookending the film is a given, and I can see the Berry, Janssen, Marsden and Grammer getting small roles, especially if Apocalypse details how the X-Men formed up

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #27
dressytori7
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen!!!!

dressytori7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #28
HIA
Side-Kick

great to see Famke on top right now. Wonder what Bryan would do with her now that he would have the needed budget to make Jean justice

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:19 AM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
I think Stewart and Jackman bookending the film is a given, and I can see the Berry, Janssen, Marsden and Grammer getting small roles, especially if Apocalypse details how the X-Men formed up
I hope they include them in promotional materials like maybe a poster with a tagline of "Before she was Storm, she was Ororo". Then the X poster with the faces of the older Cyclops/young Cyclops.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #30
hoy-small-fry
No strings on me...

Before Ratner butchered him, he was Scott

Something like that?

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #31
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Nope.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:58 AM   #32
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Famke, please!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:16 AM   #33
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

I love the idea of utilizing the characters that will NOT have an opportunity to appear in the 80's because of their ages, this way we get a movie featuring more of our X-Men. So I'm rooting for characters like Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Angel, And Colossus. Since Storm, Jean, and Scott will be in the 80's no real need to have them appear in present time.

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #34
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Just Wolverine, makes the most sense.

If they find a creative, GOOD way to bring others, then...I can't choose, too many. Colossus of course, but how? It should be really, really good writing to bring the old cast members back without forcing it or seeming ridicilous.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:31 AM   #35
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post

If they find a creative, GOOD way to bring others, then...I can't choose, too many. Colossus of course, but how? It should be really, really good writing to bring the old cast members back without forcing it or seeming ridicilous.

That's how I feel. Hopefully it works out and Kinberg/Singer know what they're doing.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:21 AM   #36
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post

Yeah otherwise it will start to feel like doing just for a cash grab. It will end feeling like a rehash of DOFP and I dont think they will be doing time travel again so i dont see how most of them return to be honest.

We shall see of course they come up with something else/change their minds but I thought the whole point of DOFP was to have the characters back of Jean/Cyclops/Storm and then recast them, not carry on with the old actors.

Nothing against the OT as I know they have a huge amount of fans but this film felt like them handing over the baton to the younger cast.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It is very clear Donner and Singer want to have it both ways.Be able to do what they want In past with APocalypse but they wat OT cast to still be relvent.

Hugh Jackman Is going to be In Apocalypse.Some have to accept it. wolverine will be part of 80's storyline.

He is almos certinly with news of some OT cast being in film going to be In 2023
scenes.as for others joining him In scenes that bookend the 80's part of film
one Is almost certinly going to be patrick stewart.And if could be anyone else who showed up In ending of DOFP.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:26 AM   #38
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Yeah Stewart is the most likely to show up again if anyone. But is just showing some of the others at the end of the film enough for fans of the OT cast? At least they all had some epic moments in DOFP. I'd be happy to see more of Iceman now they have him using his powers fully in 2023 at least.

But yeah the producers dont seem to want to close the door on anything I guess they know the OT is still a big hook for some and theyre keeping all options open.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #39
Mars123
Side-Kick

How would they be in the film, I think is the real question..... Is it to bookend the film once again? Would it be integral? Would it be purely to set up a second apocalypse set up at 2016?!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 PM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Who knows? From what I am imagining right now, they are probably here for like 3 to 5 minutes? Patrick Stewart will tell Hugh Jackman what happened after the 1973 events and it will lead to the events of the 80s, which is going to be the main story of the film. Who knows, if they'll end up explaining how did the others (like Rogue/Wolverine/Kitty/Colossus) end up in the school. Its basically a prequel story to the altered future, with Patrick Stewart narrating to Hugh Jackman what happened after the events of DOFP in 1973. Then maybe a small cameo from Famke/Halle/James/Kelsey which wouldn't take a lot of time to film.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #41
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I would love if Xavier became a horsemen, personally Death (just like in XM:Evo) but only this time it's up to Magneto (and his Brotherhood) to lead the X-Men against Apocalypse and his horsemen (just like in the comic). I'd love to see a Jean vs Xavier psi-battle with Jean going full Phoenix on Xavier...Man the possibilities for team up's/power display would be amazing!!

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #42
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I honestly don't want more bookends. I'd like if it opened in the 80s and featured some OT cast physically time travelling or at the very end skipping ahead to the future implying a sequel set there. I would hate to have Xavier talk to Wolverine and explain what happened

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #43
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There Isn't going to be time travel In APocalypse.In most stories with Apocalypse including age of apocalypse Apocalypse Is not a time traveler

To get any OT actors besides Hugh Jackman Into apocalypse you need bookends

Besides look In DOFP board many act like Original cast Is such a burden to films and wants to dismiss.Some want to cast a actress as teenage storm that there is no way
In hell you can buy aging into storm Halle Berry was at end of DOFP.

Erasing trilogy and wolverine films from contunity Isn't enough for them.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 06-01-2014 at 09:27 AM.
marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #44
Mars123
Side-Kick

They might be the to illustrate the alternative timelines perhaps? They might have the OT to help tell some of the story?! I quite like a godfather part 2 style film, you need both sides of the story for the whole story to come together

Old 06-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #45
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
They might be the to illustrate the alternative timelines perhaps? They might have the OT to help tell some of the story?! I quite like a godfather part 2 style film, you need both sides of the story for the whole story to come together
Problem Is the ending of DOFP has at least things around the mansion happy.

Now if wolverine would have woken up In unhappy future you would be on to
something.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #46
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I don't want to really see the bedtime story version of X-Men where Xavier tells Logan what happened. I just don't see how that is exciting. There has to be another way to include OT cast members. Kinberg said he didn't want another time travel extravaganza, doesn't mean Apocalypse can't pull characters from different times to be his horsemen, without much time travel type stuff going on. Remember that original end credits scene that has been proven true, had Apocalypse coming from a different time to recruit Magneto. Maybe that will still happen in the next one. It implies some kind of time traveling.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #47
Mars123
Side-Kick

I guess it keeps it quite sci if apocalypse is from 3000 bbc he can live in any time era whether it's the 80s or present

Old 06-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #48
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Something people will have to realise is that just just because kinberg says "some" of the OT will be involved it doesn't mean he is hinting 4 or 5 of them, infact it could be a cryptic way of saying hugh jackman is coming back afterall they haven't actually said wolverine will be in the film yet or a cryptic way of saying hugh and patrick will return as book ends

either way don't bank so much time on anyone from the OT apart from jackman, because unlike DOFP they will have alot to get through in apocalypse, with the introductions for cyclops,jean and storm,gambit, wolverines plot, and the plots for mcavoy,hoults,lawrence and fassbender, aswell as quicksilver and whoever else is in the film, so there isn't gonna be alot of time to sneak the OT in as supporting cast, even if they make the film longer then DOFP they still are gonna need alot of time

Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Something people will have to realise is that just just because kinberg says "some" of the OT will be involved it doesn't mean he is hinting 4 or 5 of them, infact it could be a cryptic way of saying hugh jackman is coming back afterall they haven't actually said wolverine will be in the film yet or a cryptic way of saying hugh and patrick will return as book ends

either way don't bank so much time on anyone from the OT apart from jackman, because unlike DOFP they will have alot to get through in apocalypse, with the introductions for cyclops,jean and storm,gambit, wolverines plot, and the plots for mcavoy,hoults,lawrence and fassbender, aswell as quicksilver and whoever else is in the film, so there isn't gonna be alot of time to sneak the OT in as supporting cast, even if they make the film longer then DOFP they still are gonna need alot of time
For starters with being loosly based on age of apocalypse Cyclops,jean,and storm may already be in school and who knows how large gambit's role is.This could be cameo or small role to set him up for solo film.Some keep institating WOnder woman will have small role In BVS

what Kinberg Is saying may be
1:Hugh Jackman will return for 1980's part of film
2:Jackman and Patrick Stewart will bookend film In 2023
3ther actors seen In altered future at end of DOFP could pop up In bookened scenes with jackman and Stewart

Besides Jackman In 1980's don't expect any OT cast to be major players In
Apocalypse. Even in bookend sequenze i don't see them lasting longer than 5 to 6 minutes at begining of film and 2 to 4 minutes at end of film.

People who are fans of OT cast should feel excited just to get at least Stewart and possibly a bit more for a few minutes of screentime.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #50
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
For starters with being loosly based on age of apocalypse Cyclops,jean,and storm may already be in school and who knows how large gambit's role is.This could be cameo or small role to set him up for solo film.Some keep institating WOnder woman will have small role In BVS
It doesn't matter if they are already at the school, there is likely to be some growth from the start to the end otherwise they will just be very plain characters

and gambit well... i bet they will want to really make him look good because like the response to quicksilver they will want gambit to win the audience over so they want to see more of him and to show FOX that people want to see more of him and they will pay to see a solo with him

the biggest question is who else will be involved... singer also once before that he wanted to use deadpool and thats also very possible