The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

View Poll Results: Which Original Cast members do you want to see in X-Men Apocalypse?
Wolverine (future version/Hugh Jackman) 43 58.11%
Xavier (Patrick Stewart) 41 55.41%
Magneto (Ian McKellen) 28 37.84%
Cyclops (James Marsden) 44 59.46%
Jean (Famke Janssen) 48 64.86%
Storm (Halle Berry) 35 47.30%
Beast (Kelsey Grammer) 30 40.54%
Kitty (Ellen Page) 28 37.84%
Colossus (Daniel Cudmore) 19 25.68%
Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) 26 35.14%
Rogue (Anna Paquin) 34 45.95%
Mystique (Rebecca Romijn) 21 28.38%
Angel (Ben Foster) 17 22.97%
Other (specify in comments) 4 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #51
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Original Actors returning - Official Thread

Thing people keep forgetting Is APocalypse will have followers.

I can easily see Magneto filling the sinster role In AOA as far as being with Apocalypse as film begins and later betreys him.With SInster it was creating X-Man here I am sure after being with Apocalypse he will add in some fashion Xavier but it won't be because he suddenly believes Xavier is right.With Kinberg's talk of Magneto and Mystique becoming realigned I won't be surprised if she Is working with Apocalypse and both her and magneto ultimly betrey Apocalypse.

Apart from magneto i am pretty sure brainwashed wolverine will be horseman and the other 2 will be characters included for power displays.

Since SInger has mentioned Deadpool I think this could be film which uses him again.Then question comes whose side is quicksilver on.Will they try to include the X-Men version of Scarlett witch.Will they try to Include nightcrawler or not.

Beast needs some real payoff since Kinberg has talked about moving him more to kelsey grammer Version.

If they want to have some dramatic event to cause Xavier going bald i can see them
have xavier tryint to free wolverine from Apocalypse's control.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #52
Mars123
Side-Kick

Oooo I totally can see dead pool in the film..... That'll be cool

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #53
VM1138
Side-Kick

I think Singer really sort of boxed himself in with DOFP. It was supposed to fix all the continuity, but now he has a new mess on his hands with two casts forty-fifty years apart, and he's already shown us how it ends (everyone fine at Xavier's school in 2023). The only option they have is to do time travel again, but how many times in a row is that going to be accepted? If it's so easy to time travel, why don't they just do it whenever a problem comes up?

I liked DOFP and am excited for Apocalypse, but I have a feeling they may have screwed the pooch as far as the future of the franchise. Everyone likes Fassbender and McAvoy, but everyone wants to see the OT, too.

They're stuck with Fassbender and McAvoy, since they're contracted, so they can't set Apocalypse after 2023, which would make the most sense story-wise.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #54
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
I think Singer really sort of boxed himself in with DOFP. It was supposed to fix all the continuity, but now he has a new mess on his hands with two casts forty-fifty years apart, and he's already shown us how it ends (everyone fine at Xavier's school in 2023). The only option they have is to do time travel again, but how many times in a row is that going to be accepted? If it's so easy to time travel, why don't they just do it whenever a problem comes up?

I liked DOFP and am excited for Apocalypse, but I have a feeling they may have screwed the pooch as far as the future of the franchise. Everyone likes Fassbender and McAvoy, but everyone wants to see the OT, too.

They're stuck with Fassbender and McAvoy, since they're contracted, so they can't set Apocalypse after 2023, which would make the most sense story-wise.
We don't see Magneto and Mystique in the 2023 happy ending, so things may not end so well for them.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #55
VM1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
We don't see Magneto and Mystique in the 2023 happy ending, so things may not end so well for them.
Well, I don't put as much stock in that because they're the "bad guys" and wouldn't be hanging around the school anyway. All we can assume is that Magneto is not reconciled like he was in the apocalyptic 2023. I wouldn't say he's necessarily dead.

EDIT: I've got it! They'll send young Xavier and Magneto to the 2023 timeline! Hey, it could work...right?

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #56
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
Just Wolverine, makes the most sense.

If they find a creative, GOOD way to bring others, then...I can't choose, too many. Colossus of course, but how? It should be really, really good writing to bring the old cast members back without forcing it or seeming ridicilous.
Does Wolverine even make sense? It's wont be the Wolverine from the OT and it wont be the Wolverine from the present. Do we really want to follow a Wolverine we know pretty much dies in the future? Only way OT Wolverine taking over this Wolverine works is if we stay unconnected to this Wolverine.

Wolverine only makes sense to tell us how he got his adamantium(if he even has it) or to introduce other characters, like Sabretooth, into the new timeline.

Last edited by Masone; 06-01-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #57
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:

They should have made FC cast as flashbacks only. Because of the things you mentioned, I don't want to see another film take place in the past. Movie should have been set in present time with some plot relevant flashbacks with the FC cast.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #58
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

They're not going to bring an actress like Lawrence back for a third movie and relegate her to only being in flashbacks. That's ridiculous.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I don't want to really see the bedtime story version of X-Men where Xavier tells Logan what happened. I just don't see how that is exciting.
For one thing, it has never been done, so it could be exciting for some. And its really the only way to bring back some of the OT cast without doing another time-travel.

Quote:

Well Fassbender and McAvoy only has 1 film left in their contract.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #60
antonydelfini
Manners Maketh Man

I just re-watched X1. What a great movie. The OT cast is wonderful. Im going back and forth on which cast I want to see continue the future X movies.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #61
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

They're in a very interesting situation, definitely. I for one can't wait to see how it plays out.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #62
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

But they can set-up Apocalypse as a returning villain who could reappear in 2023
(or realistically any time after circa 2000. We've established they look like the OT cast from then)

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #63
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
They're not going to bring an actress like Lawrence back for a third movie and relegate her to only being in flashbacks. That's ridiculous.
Then don't bring her back at all. Actresses should not dictate where the story goes.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #64
Mars123
Side-Kick

I can see what people are saying when they won't miss out on a opportunity to expose Jennifer Lawrence, but apart from maybe being a horseman, and a silent assassin with OT, I think they need to rest mystique a tiny bit..... Let someone else have a go.

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #65
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't mind if she's a member of the X-Men like Storm or Jean Grey or Rogue or Psylocke, but she's a villain from the get-go.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #66
darkangel
Side-Kick

I'm happy to see Famke is first in the voting, she did a great job in the 5 films she had appeared as Jean Grey. I hope to see her again in a main role not just cameos. She is our...Phoenix!

darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #67
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

i dont see how they willl be at all

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I'm happy to see Famke is first in the voting, she did a great job in the 5 films she had appeared as Jean Grey. I hope to see her again in a main role not just cameos. She is our...Phoenix!
If she comes back again, she better get a full role. LOL.

Its crazy to think that we got see Jean back to back in two years and yet in both films, she was also there for like 12 minutes. 2 minutes from DOFP and 10 minutes in The Wolverine.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #69
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'd would rather they take the opportunity to recast...anyone the original characters would be way younger now.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #70
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I'd rather they focus more on the First Class actors (and Jackman). That's where the most interesting stuff has been happening for the last few films.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 AM   #71
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And what happened in the future period in DOFP wasn't interesting enough?

Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #72
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And what happened in the future period in DOFP wasn't interesting enough?
It was for one film, but even in DoFP the most interesting stuff was happening in 1973.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #73
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Then don't bring her back at all. Actresses should not dictate where the story goes.
it should be in the past you dont ditch actors of such high caliber like fassbender,lawrence,and mcavoy who are all very young

lets be honest here the OT cast all well past their prime famke is almost 50 for god sakes

i love them too but best case scenario is keep it in first class era so we can keep fassbender,hoult,mcavoy,and lawrence and then cast younger storm,cyclops,and jean

LoganGambit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #74
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Funny how some want to dismiss OT cast.

We don't know how many of FC cast Is even willing to stick around after
Apocalypse.

Yeah Famke turns 49 later this year.But she looks great.The taken films.The wolverine and DOFP appearances.Hemlock grove on Netflix.Her carrere Is at it's hottest right now.

After Apocalypse the only film we know for sure is happening Is Wolverine Solo
film.Anything else is just talk for right now.

We know for fact some OT cast will be In Apocalypse.Simon Kinberg announced that.It's a question of who exactly that Is besides Hugh jackman and how many.

Tom Cruise Is 51 and doing another Mission Impossible film.

Look at ages of those In Expendables.

The Original Cast will return for star wars Episode VII.Harrison Ford Is 72
and will have major role In film.

Robert Downey JR Is 49 and doing second avengers and is signed for third film.

Samuel L jackson Is In his 60's and playing Nick Fury.

Michael Douglas Is nearly 70 and playing Henry Pym In Ant-Man.He's neary the age of Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen.

Arnold Is playing the terminator and he's how old?

Eddie Muphy Is going to be doing another Beverly Hilly Cop film.

With the erasing of Non-FC films In DOFP my assumination was that was end of OT Cast apart from jackman.That wasn't because that's what I wanted
but that's what the wrting on the wall hinted at.Well by their words the original cast Isn't done yet.

With the possable exception of Magneto the characters were done better with OT actors In my oporion.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #75
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I'd rather they focus more on the First Class actors (and Jackman). That's where the most interesting stuff has been happening for the last few films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
it should be in the past you dont ditch actors of such high caliber like fassbender,lawrence,and mcavoy who are all very young

lets be honest here the OT cast all well past their prime famke is almost 50 for god sakes

i love them too but best case scenario is keep it in first class era so we can keep fassbender,hoult,mcavoy,and lawrence and then cast younger storm,cyclops,and jean

The idea of this thread has never been to start a FC-OT cast debate.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote