The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 06-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wolverine - The Horseman Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wolverine as a villain or a horseman of Apocalypse would be cool and refreshing to watch!
So, is he going to be a villain in the 80's, or in the current time/about the time he woke up in the mansion?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #27
VM1138
Side-Kick

Probably both in the past and the future. Seems like both casts will be involved.

I love the idea of Wolverine as a villain. But I hate the idea of Jean, Scott and Storm all being teenagers. That was the flaw with First Class, the characters lacked any sort of gravitas. I'd rather see a mid-20s crew and just fudge their birth years a bit by placing the movie in the late '80s.

I picture this as being the perfect opportunity for Cyclops to retake the mantle as leader of the X-Men, in defeating or saving Wolverine with the help of Professor X. What a way to re-introduce the character and have him be a commanding presence for viewers to take note of.

I also like the idea of Wolverine taking a backseat in the film. I'm not really tired of the character, but having him have a role more similar to Phoenix in Last Stand as opposed to the central hero is a really fresh idea. I liked that he didn't completely dominate DOFP, too.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #28
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Well, "villain" as far as a character who is fighting against the X-Men, as the Horseman Death would.

At least this is my best guess.

But motivation is usually the key. If Wolvie is being mind controlled, in one form or another, that would make a lot of sense.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

My best guess is that if the next movie is taking place in the 80s, Wolverine as a horseman is something the newest team of X-Men (young Storm, Cyclops, Jean, to start with), will have to take on as a part of whatever Apocalypse is up to.

Considering Wolverine and Charles now have a history, thanks to their meeting in 1973, he's going to want to try and save him.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #30
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
My best guess is that if the next movie is taking place in the 80s, Wolverine as a horseman is something the newest team of X-Men (young Storm, Cyclops, Jean, to start with), will have to take on as a part of whatever Apocalypse is up to.

Considering Wolverine and Charles now have a history, thanks to their meeting in 1973, he's going to want to try and save him.
Yes, what you write is exactly what this thread was based on.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #31
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
Probably both in the past and the future. Seems like both casts will be involved.

I love the idea of Wolverine as a villain. But I hate the idea of Jean, Scott and Storm all being teenagers. That was the flaw with First Class, the characters lacked any sort of gravitas. I'd rather see a mid-20s crew and just fudge their birth years a bit by placing the movie in the late '80s.

I picture this as being the perfect opportunity for Cyclops to retake the mantle as leader of the X-Men, in defeating or saving Wolverine with the help of Professor X. What a way to re-introduce the character and have him be a commanding presence for viewers to take note of.
who says Teenage cyclops can't accomplish that. In fact a Teenage cyclops stepping up to defeat a possessed horseman team + challenge Apocalypse would be even more heroic.

As long as the new team teens aren't a bunch of emo unsure untested kids. Remember How quickly Banshee, Beast and Havoc were up to the Cuban crisis task against a much more veteran group in Shaw's Club.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #32
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Right. At least a little while can be shown between when Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler are recruited to when they have to fight, similar to what we saw in First Class

Showing Beast and Charles teaching them to use their powers, and maybe even using a Beast designed Danger Room to do so, would be pretty cool. I would love to see each having a "physical" where their powers are defined/studied. For example, Nightcralwer actually has multiple powers, teleportation (or traveling through an alternate dimension) and hiding (being invisable) in shadows.

Showing them learning (and having difficulty) with teamwork and leadership, etc., and each having they're own demons to overcome, would make them more appealing to the GA.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #33
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

I prefer to see Logan turning into horseman in a possible future movie

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:33 AM   #34
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

My exact thoughts on the story of the sequel. It's kind of the logical extension to the end of DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #35
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So new question:

If Wolverine ends up being the Horseman Death, would you want to see him being turned into Death, possibly including the adamantium bonding, or would you rather that not be shown and him being Death be somewhat of a surprise (at least for the GA)?

Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #36
Manila Vanilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wolverine as a villain or a horseman of Apocalypse would be cool and refreshing to watch!
Absolutely refreshing indeed, for once, Wolverine won't be the main hero again

Gambit vs Wolverine please

Manila Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #37
Super Jim
Side-Kick

What else I love about this concept is that it could end up bringing Wolverine to mansion earlier than the prior timeline.

In this one, after they defeat Death and the other Horsemen and send Apocalypse packing, they find a way to repair the things done to Logan that turned him into the Horseman and he finds a home at the school...

Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #38
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila Vanilla View Post

Gambit vs Wolverine please
Watch X-men Origins

Quote:
I can imagine a poster with Wolverine (as Death) in the center, with Apocalypse behind and the other three Horsemen somehwere, smaller. Add in Professor X, a 15 year old Storm with a 22 year old Gambit, a 15 year old Jean with a 15 year old Scott, along wth a 20 year old Nightcrawler, as well as Mystique; and wow!!!
Kurt may be the same age than Scott etc
About Gambit, I would give him just 5 years older than Scott

Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

If Wolverine has to be in this, then a villain role would be a great way to change things up.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #40
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post
Watch X-men Origins

Kurt may be the same age than Scott etc
About Gambit, I would give him just 5 years older than Scott
Determining the correct ages for Ororo and Scott is the most difficult task. Jean is slightly easier, since we got to see her when Professor X and Erik visited her in 1985 in X3. IMO she appeared around 14 or 15. I have read where some have argued she was only 11 years old, but I didn't see that.

Yes, X3 is no longer canon, but again, as has been argued numerous times, just because the events of X3 may not have happened exactly as they did it doesn't mean that ages of characters change.

Determing the exact age of Nightcrawler, as I previously explained, is actually pretty easy. This is, of course, assuming that Azazel and Mystique are his parents, and I would hope they wouldn't change that. Since Azazel died in 1963, and the events of First Class happened in 1962, that means that it had to be towards the end of 1962 or in 1963, that Mystique and Azazel were intimate. That would mean that Nightcrawler had to be born in 1963 or 1964. The point is that Nightcrawler's age in 1985 is definitely either 21 or 22 years old, and that's not something that can be altered (or at least shouldn't be).

So, if this movie takes place in say 1985 (when Jean's powers first developed), then she should be somewhere around 15 and Nightcrawler would be 21 or 22.

IMO, Jean, Scott and Ororo all seem to be within a year or so of each other, so hopefully they'll keep that aspect in Apocalypse. So IF it's 1985 then Jean could be around 15 and Ororo and Scott would be right around there. That would mean that Nightcrawler is older. Even if they make Scott say, 17, and Ororo maybe a year younger than Jean, Nightcrawler will be olver. If we want to see any semblance of attraction between Scott and Jean (which I would imagine most would like to see) then Scott better be younger than 18 since Jean would be mid-teens.

Of course they could have the movie in the later 1980's, but wouldn't we like to see each of these students brought to the school? And Jean's powers developed in 1985 (actually prior), so wouldn't it make more sense for Charles to find her around then?

Also I believe I have previously already proved that Gambit is anywhere between early 20's to early 30's, which fits for Channing tatum...

Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #41
Super Jim
Side-Kick

If Wolverine does end up as the Horseman Death, would you like to see him get his adamantium in the same way it was done previously (meaning, Mystique as Striker in the Alkaline Lake facility) or would you rather it be Apocalypse (or Sinister) giving him the adamantium?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #42
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Apocalypse should give him the adamantium.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #43
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

If they're really going to revisit the adamantium procedure, they should have Apocalypse do it. We don't really need another retread of the Weapon X procedure at this point (although I love that the DOFP flashback made that look terrifying again).

Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #44
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Ok, so if it is Apocalypse who gives him the adamantium, how do you forsee the process to look like?

Old 07-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #45
Super Jim
Side-Kick

If Wolverine is a Horseman, do you think they will show him getting the adamantium?

Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #46
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Probably yes or it would be mentioned, since Adamantium is quite important when it comes to Wolverine's claws.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #47
xrs13
Cold as ice

I am picturing the reveal of Archangel in x-men legends 2 but it being wolverine instead

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:43 AM   #48
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The dialogues for that scene in X-Men Legends 2 was cartoonish and over the top but yeah it was a cool scene. Apocalypse, Sinister and Archangel looked great together.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #49
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post

I love the idea of Wolverine as a villain. But I hate the idea of Jean, Scott and Storm all being teenagers.
No choice. the film sets in 1983 so they must be teenagers

Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #50
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
If Wolverine is a Horseman, do you think they will show him getting the adamantium?
Considering the way DOFP ended, I think the movie will show that Wolverine got his adamantium in the new timeline from Apocalypse instead of Stryker. Whether or not we see the whole sequence, or just flashes, remains to be seen.

He's got another solo movie in the works, so they could use that to expand on it too. But if they're intending to retcon Weapon X, they'd need to clearly indicate how it happened in this film.