4 2 0.68%
3 1 0.34%
2 0 0%
1 1 0.34%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #101
JC00

Default Re: Official Rate and Review DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Part 1

One thing I don't get after seeing the movie is the whole "Marvel/Quicksliver" thing.

Special effects aside I'm just not getting why Marvel should be "shaking in their boots". Not saying he was terrible or anything but just not understanding why some people think that it is almost impossible for their Quicksilver to come as well as this one.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #102
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC00 View Post
One thing I don't get after seeing the movie is the whole "Marvel/Quicksliver" thing.

Special effects aside I'm just not getting why Marvel should be "shaking in their boots". Not saying he was terrible or anything but just not understanding why some people think that it is almost impossible for their Quicksilver to come as well as this one.
Nope no reason at all why he cant, I'm sure they will just concentrate on doing their own version. There will be comparisons no doubt but doesnt mean he cant be good twice. Be interesting to see who's is quicker.

I'm more concerned with Avengers other problems getting Hawkeye and Cap right this time, instead of sidelining them like last time.

But Quicksilver in DOFP should have no effect on Avengers.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #103
Loki882
Side-Kick

They didn't "sideline" Cap, people need to stop saying that. He got the most screentime out of any of the Avengers and he was the unquestioned leader by the end. Thor-a god with centuries more combat experience than Cap, Hulk-a rampaging rage monster, and Iron Man-an arrogant billionaire with an anti-authority streak. They all took orders from Cap willingly. Hawkeye, yeah he did get the short end of the stick in that one.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #104
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Well anyway Avengers shouldnt worry about Quicksilver, just do whatever they plan to do. The film is not going to be judged on that element alone.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #105
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Because the internet creates sides.....you are not allowed to like anything you personally want to (especially if it includes something the internet says is an enemy)....you MUST at the cost of your internet credibility JOIN A SIDE.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #106
Paradox1
Side-Kick

DOFP's QS was highly entertaining I'm just really hoping they bring him back for the next film. His paternity was hinted at in this and I'd just like to see that explored further along with its ramifications for Magneto. I'd like to see would parent hood change his ideaology in anyway.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #107
JP
Smelly

He's been confirmed to be back.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They didn't "sideline" Cap, people need to stop saying that. He got the most screentime out of any of the Avengers and he was the unquestioned leader by the end. Thor-a god with centuries more combat experience than Cap, Hulk-a rampaging rage monster, and Iron Man-an arrogant billionaire with an anti-authority streak. They all took orders from Cap willingly. Hawkeye, yeah he did get the short end of the stick in that one.
Cap and stark were the leads In Avengers.That won't change with Age of ultron no matter how much people love Winter soldier.

With Cap,Stark/Iron Man,Thor,Black Widow,Banner/Hulk,and hawkeye all coming back.adding quicksilver,scarlet witch,and Vission.Reportly Iron Patirot too.Ultron as villain.Reportly working In Thanos and also having Nick fury and Maria Hill In film too I would be worried about all the characters In film.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #109
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Well if X-Men can do it I dont see why Avengers cant juggle them as well, if they can do to the same degree though will be interesting.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #110
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Well if X-Men can do it I dont see why Avengers cant juggle them as well, if they can do to the same degree though will be interesting.
well some don't think X-Men juggle them too well.Ganted Fury and hill are likely to be cameos.Samuel L jackson has said as much with fury.Plus I didn't mentione a small role for baron strucker and set pics have said there will be a flashback with peggy carter.

We have heard people say only wolverine,Xavier,and magneto get focus in X-Men films.

If JOss whedon can handle all the characters then good for him.But,even when he did serenirty and mostly had only characters from firefly+villain to deal with some got short end of stick.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #111
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
well some don't think X-Men juggle them too well.Ganted Fury and hill are likely to be cameos.Samuel L jackson has said as much with fury.Plus I didn't mentione a small role for baron strucker and set pics have said there will be a flashback with peggy carter.

We have heard people say only wolverine,Xavier,and magneto get focus in X-Men films.

If JOss whedon can handle all the characters then good for him.But,even when he did serenirty and mostly had only characters from firefly+villain to deal with some got short end of stick.
Some do but I wouldnt agree with them, but we shall see what that film comes up with, Avengers didnt handle it quite right last time.

No film X-Men or Avengers can satisfy every fan of every character anyway, to tell a decent story it has to concentrate on a core 3 or 4. AOA will be no different in that respect.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #112
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That is true enough. although i felt first avengers had it easy compared to X-Men films.
X-men by nature requires a goup and often a bunch of villains.

Some might even say wolverine got a little short ended with DOFP.I have heard that too.
And that may continue with Apocalypse.

I have always pointed out In X-Men Wolverine didn't just save the day while others sat around in background and In X2 Wolverine was dealing with his past while others saved
the world.Storm actully played an intergal part in stop Magneto reprogramed Dark Cerebro.In DOFP Xavier got through to Mystique while magneto had wolverine under the lake.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #113
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That is true enough. although i felt first avengers had it easy compared to X-Men films.
X-men by nature requires a goup and often a bunch of villains.

Some might even say wolverine got a little short ended with DOFP.I have heard that too.
And that may continue with Apocalypse.

I have always pointed out In X-Men Wolverine didn't just save the day while others sat around in background and In X2 Wolverine was dealing with his past while others saved
the world.Storm actully played an intergal part in stop Magneto reprogramed Dark Cerebro.In DOFP Xavier got through to Mystique while magneto had wolverine under the lake.
Wolverine on his own isn't enough, and Jackman doesn't have the pull of Downey Jr to bring in a billion.

It's why X-Men Origins: Wolverine opened with $85m and The Wolverine with $53m. People clearly want to see other characters as well.

I think the role they gave to Wolverine in DoFP was great, as he never dominated the story, even though he was a central character. The only downside for Wolverine fans is that he we never got to see him slash at the Sentinels in the future.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #114
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Yeah the good thing is now that Wolverine solo movies have started to be decent they dont need to push him to the front so much in the X-Men films which "hopefully" keeps both pro and anti Logan fans happy. The trouble being he is such a big draw for a lot because of Jackman.

Balancing acts like these are pretty unprecedented in movies, films like X-Men and Avengers (and I guess the Justice League will have the same issue) with such big numbers of characters to pick from and a fan base for every character trying to keep everyone happy is pretty much an impossible task.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #115
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Wolverine on his own isn't enough, and Jackman doesn't have the pull of Downey Jr to bring in a billion.

It's why X-Men Origins: Wolverine opened with $85m and The Wolverine with $53m. People clearly want to see other characters as well.

I think the role they gave to Wolverine in DoFP was great, as he never dominated the story, even though he was a central character. The only downside for Wolverine fans is that he we never got to see him slash at the Sentinels in the future.
I never said wolverine by himself is enough.You will always do better when
you put wolverine with X-Men.Comics alone has proven that.The x-men team always sells better than wolverine solo book

You can make money with jackman as wolverine on his own but never the same as with jackman with other X-Men.

Hopefully DOFP starts to challenge memo Fox and singer only focus on wolverine In films.

I mean the only real action sequenze wolverine was fully In was fight with the thugs. He was somewhat involved in fight with 1973 sentinles before magneto impallied him.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #116
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
They'd probably get out the same way they got in. Unnoticed.

It's 1973. The whole idea of everyone thinking about DNA won't come around for another thirty years with CSI.
Magneto certainly knew that it was a problem once Trask got a hold of her blood. I'm sure Wolverine and Charles informed him of that when they were flying to Paris.

Quote:
That makes since. Charles is pacifist. He's not teaching X-men to be soldiers and fight yet. Just to control their powers. It would probably break his heart to see his students leave to go fight a war and using their powers in such a way.

Now he has nothing. He can't walk, no Mystique, and the founding belief of school is being abandoned.
Students who are being pressured to use their powers in a war are even more in need of guidance so that they don't kill everyone within a 50-mile radius of them. Besides, only men were drafted. Were female mutants no longer in need of guidance?

Old 06-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #117
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Students who are being pressured to use their powers in a war are even more in need of guidance so that they don't kill everyone within a 50-mile radius of them. Besides, only men were drafted. Were female mutants no longer in need of guidance?
You're overthinking it here but that's okay, it happens a lot on here with the 'Why didn't they...' stuff.

The Vietnam thing was the last straw for Xavier. It's as simple as that. A pacifist saw many of the students/teachers drafted to fight in a war. On top of everything else, that made him go to pieces. His dream collapsed.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #118
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

By the way, does anyone know what Mark Millar thinks of DoFP?

He's been very quiet lately.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #119
JP
Smelly

He mentioned that the post-credit scene is the best since IM1.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #120
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

So I'm seeing the movie again in 10 minutes. Because the bomb squad just evacuated my apartment building.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #121
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
So I'm seeing the movie again in 10 minutes. Because the bomb squad just evacuated my apartment building.
wat

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #122
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
wat
Apparently my neighbor died this week, and they found a bomb in his apartment.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #123
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Apparently my neighbor died this week, and they found a bomb in his apartment.
Ummmm...well, such is life!

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #124
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Magneto certainly knew that it was a problem once Trask got a hold of her blood. I'm sure Wolverine and Charles informed him of that when they were flying to Paris.
I'm saying when Magneto originally heard about the future Sentinels, it was that they got a hold of Mystique's body(the whole body). That's what he was trying to stop from happening. Kill her so they can never get it.

So yeah, hothead was still trying to kill her by slowing her down. He wasn't thinking about drops of blood.

Even after he saw the news report about the blood, he tells Mystique, "that it may not matter." As in no one knows how much of her they need.

The fact that Trask was still wanting to get her body says Magneto wasn't totally off-base.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #125
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:

They are doing two completely different versions of the character anyway, so they shouldnt be shaking in their boots.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote