Crazy

Default Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...37540831567872

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS

Wonder if Cyke will have his glasses/visor from the beginning of the film, or if we'll be treated to Sheridan's full face for most of it?

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
CaptainWagner
Dancing With the League

The real question is, will we get whiny, incompetent Cyclops or confident, leader Cyclops?

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
JP
Smelly

Well, it's young Scott...

Old 01-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
Robin91939
Master Tim

Really not a fan of this choice. He doesn't strike me as looking like a hero/leader/alpha, which is what Scott is supposed to be. He is supposed to be physically trained and imposing. This kid also doesn't look like a young Jimmy Marsden.

I'll definitely reserve judgment -- I wasn't a fan of Andrew Garfield as Spider-man upon his announcement and now I can't picture anyone else in the role. So I would be happy to be proven wrong.

He's also still young (18) and has the potential to mature and grow into the role. I'll have to check out Mud to see his chops.

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 01-22-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
JP
Smelly

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Really not a fan of this choice. He doesn't strike me as looking like a hero/leader/alpha, which is what Scott is supposed to be. He is supposed to be physically trained and imposing. This kid also doesn't look like a young Jimmy Marsden.

I'll definitely reserve judgment -- I wasn't a fan of Andrew Garfield as Spider-man upon his announcement and now I can't picture anyone else in the role. So I would be happy to be proven wrong.

He's also still young (18) and has the potential to mature and grow into the role. I'll have to check out Mud to see his chops.

-R
That really shouldnt matter at this point.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
That really shouldnt matter at this point.
Why not?

X-Men: Days Of Future Past establishes and confirms that all the X-Men Films prior are all within continuity.

You start from X-Men: First Class skip ahead to X-Men Origins: Wolverine to X-Men then X2: X-Men United to X3: The Last Stand to The Wolverine then you get to the future portion of X-Men Days of Future Past and then loop back around to 1973 and start a new history from there leading all the way (which will include X-Men: Apocalypse and future films) to the reconstructed future seen at the end of X-Men: Days of Future Past where James Marsden is VERY MUCH still Cyclops. You can't get to X-Men: Apocalypse without having gone through the other films and looping back around through the past to that point ... it's a time-travel paradox. It's all continuity and in that order.

James Marsden's version of Cyclops, Famke's Jean Grey and Halle's Storm are all very much cannon and should be honored.

Why wouldn't they be?

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 01-22-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #9
allthingsuper
Side-Kick

I think he looks a lot like Marsden. IDK, the fact that we're getting Cyclop's origin on film is exciting to me! I really wanna see my favorite X Man done right on screen.

allthingsuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #10
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Why not?
-R
James McAvoy doesnt really look like Patrick Stewart. I personally dont think Fassbender looks like Ian McKellan. Nichlolas Hoult doesnt really look like Kelsey Grammar. Josh Helman doesnt look like Brian Cox (or even Vinnie Jones, I heard Helman was originally going to be Juggernaut)

It's fine to dislike a choice but holding the fact that they dont look like the past/future actor is silly and if you expected the actor cast as a past version of whoever then you just set yourself up for disappointment

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Yeaaaaaa!!

Im Just Glad This casting was Decided.
Now people can stop saying who should be who like the opinions matter.

Big shoes to fill guy.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's pretty clear that we're not going to get "Tactical leader/alpha Cyclops" right off the bat. Nor should we. Scott Summers had to start somewhere, and if he starts out a little geeky and unsure of himself...well that's just classic young Cyclops. He can grow into a confident, battle-hardened leader. I think Sheridan is more than capable of playing the heck out of the character.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #13
Lip
Side-Kick

Quote:
James McAvoy doesnt really look like Patrick Stewart. I personally dont think Fassbender looks like Ian McKellan. Nichlolas Hoult doesnt really look like Kelsey Grammar. Josh Helman doesnt look like Brian Cox (or even Vinnie Jones, I heard Helman was originally going to be Juggernaut)

It's fine to dislike a choice but holding the fact that they dont look like the past/future actor is silly and if you expected the actor cast as a past version of whoever then you just set yourself up for disappointment
And Peter Dinklage don't look like Bill Duke.

I agree, the looks doesn't matter at all. I just want to see a real Cyclops.

Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
Dasher10
Has a Full Netflix Queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
The real question is, will we get whiny, incompetent Cyclops or confident, leader Cyclops?
The real Cyclops is both. He's constantly guilt wracked and beats himself up over his mistakes but he knows how to put Remy and Logan in line, creates all sorts of complex plots and has a backup plan for everything.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #15
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Cyclops has innate leadership capabilities.
The whole "unsure of himself" to leader arc might be a lil to weak for this fI'll. We're Talking ABOUT FROM I cant use My powers To lets take out this cosmic threat.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
BMM
Side-Kick

Wow. We haven't seen Cyclops fight alongside the X-Men in 15 years. That's insane. Here's hoping they give him something good to work with.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM   #17
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:

I see what you're saying. But honestly I can watch X-Men: Days of Future Past and especially in the monestary scene on the astral plane, I can believe that Young Charles grows up to be Old Charles. I buy that. And with the subtle tweaks Fassbender made to his speaking cadence, I can buy that that is the man who will grow into Old Magneto. Stewart and McKellen are old enough that they look so far removed from their younger selves in real life that you can buy that these guys are their younger selves. The illusion will become more complete (or go completely bust) depending on how McAvoy looks with a bald head.

Holt as Grammer -- we never see Grammer's face in the film, so to believe that Holt just matures and becomes thicker and more "beastly" is in that suspension of disbelief.

Alexandra Shipp being cast as a young Storm, but also a young Halle Berry works (at least physically) because she can pass as that. Her facial features are similar and her skin tone is more believably Halle Berry's younger self than someone like Lupita Nyong'o.

Sophie Turner doesn't look as much like Famke as I'd like. And Tye Sheridan doesn't strike me as Scott Summers -- but in costume, with the glasses/visor -- and within the production, I very well could be blown away. And be taken in with his performance to the point that I can buy him as Cyclops AND as a young version of the film Cyclops. Which I hope to have happen.

As I said in my original post, I wasn't on board with Andrew Garfield as Spider-man when initially cast. Now I can't picture anyone else in the role. These Hollywood casting people usually have their jobs for a reason -- and I'm happy to trust them until I at least see some film.

Mainly, as long as I get a Cyclops who is a true leader -- or grows into one and shows those signs -- and GETS Jean Grey, is trusted by Charles Xavier, etc -- a fully realized and well-written Scott Summers, I can forgive if he doesn't LOOK like the version I see in my head.

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 01-22-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #18
JP
Smelly

They're REALLY gonna have to keep Hank in makeup the whole film, because if I see Cyc... I mean, Nick Hoult on screen next to Sheridan it's going to be distracting... and upsetting.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #19
Mulholland-Jr
Gravy

They might go the facial hair route, but I want more Beast so... that.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #20
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I wouldn't have cast him. I think his face is kind of goofy. But his face will be covered with a visor so maybe its a non-issue. I can't judge too much right now, but I'm waiting to be blown away!

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #21
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I wouldn't have cast him. I think his face is kind of goofy. But his face will be covered with a visor so maybe its a non-issue. I can't judge too much right now, but I'm waiting to be blown away!
I think a visor will be at the very end of the movie. Final battle.

Krak66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #22
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
I think a visor will be at the very end of the movie. Final battle.
I think we're gonna see HOW he lost control of his powers. So yeah, he'll likely be visor less for a good chunk of the film.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #23
Rike
Crazy

Eh, it doesn't look too bad.

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #24
JP
Smelly

I hope his visor is GIANT and cumbersome!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #25
anthony1111
Side-Kick

He strikes me as a bit softer in his interviews I hope he can play the role more macho.

anthony1111 is offline   Reply With Quote