The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
DC_Dark Magneto
Banned User

Default Still no Jubilee?!

Pretty much every female X-men character has been portrayed except Jubilee?

I would mark like crazy if she appeared. She was a huge part of the 90s XAS and imo is a character worth exploring. Her backstory is easily relatable especially with the current angsty teenager popularity.

She's also super hot, has a cool power/name, and they could do with more female Mutants not named Mystique.

I would love to see it. Anyone else think she has a chance of making it in this? We must get the word out to Singer/Kinberg.

Last edited by DC_Dark Magneto; 10-12-2014 at 03:06 PM.
DC_Dark Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: Still no Jubilee?!

She'd be a good fit for the TV show

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
kasjan
Side-Kick

She was in X1, X2 and X3, even it was close she could be in future DOFP.

kasjan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Now that they've tried to fix continuity, there's no point having characters who are young in the present show up in the past or you are setting yourself up for more continuity problems and stopping them from being used in the present (at least at the kind of age we know them). Once X-films return to the present I think it will be a huge deal and if they handle it correctly nearly everyone will have a shot at featuring.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

That should apply IMO to only present characters named that and who had dialogue or at least a supporting role like Deathstryke.

Siryn and Jubilee were just cameos and could easily be in the past and not be much of a deal

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That should apply IMO to only present characters named that and who had dialogue or at least a supporting role like Deathstryke.

Siryn and Jubilee were just cameos and could easily be in the past and not be much of a deal
Oh yeah, I'm not saying they are prevented from being in the past due to continuity issues. I mean I don't want traditionally young X-Men like Jubilee to appear in the past as it will make it difficult to then put a young Jubilee in the present when they revert to making present or future films. It would be fine having characters like Banshee or Forge who are traditionally older. I just want almost everyone to be available for the present at roughly their traditional age when this past set of films is finalised.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #7
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

Jubilee is named, though. She and Storm call out to each other in Stryker's base in X2.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #8
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Jubilee shouldn't be in this movie unless we are rebooting characters which would be the best move for this franchise but that being said. Jubes was already in X1, X2 and TLS. Doubt we'll see her in the next installment.

Illuminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #9
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

I would so love to see Jubilee properly introduced and used in a movie. I grew up with TAS so I knew about her before Kitty and she needs some shine.

Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:55 AM   #10
DC_Dark Magneto
Banned User

^
My entire childhood in one picture.

It's a disgrace she hasn't been featured and complete jobber X-Men have.
Guess they're too scared someone might outshine 'J-Law'.
Jubilee is an iconic, young female superhero and should've been heavily utilised like Storm, Jean and Rogue.

She has to be in the GAMBIT movie right?? How can that not include Jubilee?!

DC_Dark Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:34 AM   #11
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

We already saw Jubilee before... though she wasn't given a chance to showcase her fireworks... I would like to see her someday in another film with the OT cast... but even if there's another film with the OT cast, I don't see her being part of it.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Pauln6
Newbie First Class

Jubilee should have been given a chance to showcase her fireworks briefly during X2, or at least been given the chance to show off some of her spirt by trying to escape her cell, especially as Kitty, Colossus, and Syrin did, but we can't say she hasn't appeared.

Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #13
BMM
Side-Kick

I would have liked to have seen Jubilee use her powers, too. Though, I wasn't much of a fan of the way they were briefly portrayed in the deleted scene in X2.

Last edited by BMM; 10-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #14
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I'd save her for New Mutants on TV. I feel like a roster of Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, Gambit, Storm, Phoenix, Wolverine and Nightcrawler is enough for Apocalypse. I'd have the post credits scene feature Archangel still living but terribly wounded be rescued by Cable just to introduce Cable at the very end to tease X-Force. That's enough for one movie where it seems like the Brotherhood will be called into a truce with Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver and probably also Blob and Toad appearing to team up with the X-Men to stop Apocalypse. Keep in mind that I'd make Blob and Toad glorified cameos just to give screen time to everyone else. Even then, Apocalypse and the Horsemen (including Archangel) are going to be the antagonists and they all need some time to shine. Adding Jubilee into the mix when her powers are already similar to Gambit's is just going to make the movie feel too crowded like X-3 was.

The X-Factor TV show should be Forge, Mystique, Rictor, Shatterstar, Val Cooper, Bishop, Strong Guy, Layla Miller, Multiple Man, Quicksilver and Polaris.

She MAY be in Wolverine 3 but I'm not really certain if that's where she belongs, particularly considering that I'd rather it be about Wolverine as a loner or use Shadowcat or Maverick as his sidekick.

I'd also have X-Force be a crossover where Cable and Archangel team up with Deadpool and introduce Psylocke and Domino as well. Jubilee would be incredibly out of place in team with a roster like that.

Now as for future films, Jubilee still lacks the popularity of other heroes who can show up. I'd have X7 continue into the 90s since it's a waste to cast all that new talent just to have them be one and done. I'd base it around X-Cutioner's Song and have Cable cross over from X-Force. I'd reintroduce Rogue as a little girl who Mystique adopted as a cameo and have Colossus be introduced as a Russian teenager who just graduated to become an X-Man.

X-Force 2 should introduce X-23 and Fantomex.

Deadpool 2 should bring in Siryn.

I think X8 should be set in 1999 which could have Rogue, Shadowcat and Iceman reintroduced as teenagers again since it would take place not long before X1. I'd base it on Messiah Complex so there would also be a baby Hope Summers.

X-Force 3 should bring back Warpath and Sunspot. Hope Summers would now be a teenager. Hope then joins the New Mutants where X-Force dropped X-23 off in a previous film.

That's just how I'd handle it.

Keep in mind that the New Mutants show would have a roster of Jubilee, Surge, Synch, Cypher, Hellion, Prodigy, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Meltdown, Chamber, Husk, Karma, Magik, M, Penance and in the first two seasons, Shadowcat, Iceman and Rogue. I'd also bring in X-23 for Season 2 just so there can be another big name character who X-Force can drop off to train with the X-Men. I'd even divide them up between years in high school so once they graduate, Jubilee, Hellion, Karma, Magik, Husk, Surge and Chamber can join the X-Men or at the very least take care of the mansion, X-23 returns to X-Force and brings Meltdown and Cannonball with her and Wolfsbane and M join X-Factor. That and this team can be slowly rolled out and even the Five Lights characters will appear at some point. I'd see if there were a way to avoid Synch dying though since I always liked him.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-13-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauln6 View Post
Jubilee should have been given a chance to showcase her fireworks briefly during X2, or at least been given the chance to show off some of her spirt by trying to escape her cell, especially as Kitty, Colossus, and Syrin did, but we can't say she hasn't appeared.
Yeah that would have been the time, woud have just needed a few seconds. The other 3 had good quick shots. Well the Colossus one was one of the best shots of the franchise. I wore out the pause, rewind and frame advance function when rewatching the X2 trailer.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:14 AM   #16
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

ehhhh...Jubilee was the most useless character in the 90s animated series

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote