The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 07-22-2014, 03:15 AM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Ahab - The Horseman Famine

He would probably be a 1 and done kind of villain.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #27
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Maybe, but let's say the four Horsemen were as follows:

Death = Wolverine
Famine = Rory Campbell (Ahab)
War = Abraham Kieros
Pestilence = Plague

To me the throw aways here are Kieros and Plague. These are the ones that would get killed off...

Wolverine would get saved, of course, and Apocalypse and his remaining Horseman would get away.

So IF Ahab was Famine and IF he got away, knowing that he was an important villain in the comics, what story would work?

Since he was the leader of the Hounds, seems like he could apply to a future where Rachel Summers comes from.

He was involved in the Twelve storyline, and captured Sunfire.

Since the Twelve story is just one more APocalypse story, if we don't get that one in X-Men Apocalypse then I don't see it happening. Plus Ahab isn't a key figure in that one.

But the Hounds story is pretty interesting, especially since it does provide a crossover between the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Seeing Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards together would be pretty interesting. And for the many who would like to see the original X-Men cast back in action, maybe this is the perfect storyline.

Ahab would be a decent villain with his energy harpoon powers, but even if he was a secondary villain it would be pretty cool. For this to happen first the F4 movie will need to be a success, something I'm not convinced of. Then they would need to want to do a crossover between the X-Men and the F4 (something many have indicated they are against). But with the right story, possibly this one, the idea of the children of Scott and Jean, along with Frankline, is interesting and may make some come around...

Maybe this will never happen, but why not use Rory Campbell as Famine (if they go with the Horsemen of Apocalypse story), have him get away, and have this possibility there just in case?

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #28
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Ahab an important villain? lol

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #29
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Well, at least compared to Abraham Kieros and Plague.

What I meant by "important" is that he was integral to at least one main story (the Hounds and Rachel Summers).

At one point in the comics it seemed that they were really focusing on Rory Campbell, while he was with Excalibur. It seemed as though they were setting him up to eventually become Ahab, with a lot of time focused on that, and I believe they were going to tie Rory, Ahab and Cable together. Some have speculated that this all changed after Stryfe was exposed as a clone of Cable.

Anyway, the point is that Ahab can be used within a story that focuses on the offspring of Jean and Scott and a story that gets into Rachel and Cable would be, at least to me, very appealing...

Also, it would be a way to continue with the original cast and not need to focus on some of the aging actors/actresses.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #30
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You know they could just focus on Kitty, Iceman and Rogue if age is really an issue.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #31
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Who says Ahab will be famine? What if it's Holocaust?

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #32
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Ahab as Famine is just one idea. As you indicate, there are other options, including Autumn Rolfson, Sunfire and Jeb Lee.

Although we've seen Holocaust as a Horseman in the Age of Apocalypse, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get that story (which is too bad). Guess it would be difficult to do another time travel story right after doing DOFP... But the point is that Holocaust is possible, but unless this turns out to be AOA, it's unlikely.