The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Longshot777
Side-Kick
 
Longshot777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 629
Default Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Yes. Quicksilver has the best scene on the movie.

And it has raised the bar in superhero action movies.

But dam!! He is suppose to be only speed of sound but on this movie he was going light speed.

Even Flash in JLU has only done that when he has to try and it costs him a lot of energy.

While this Quicksilver does it naturally.

They made him ridiculously fast and unstoppable. I can't see any mutant beating him going at that speed.

So do you guys think the writers should have toned him down on this movie then go all light speed on the next movie??

There was a reason why he was only in few scenes for this movie because if he was in throughout the movie, they would have accomplished their mission easily.

So how can they write for a character like that if he will be part of the team?? With that speed they just gave him, he doesn't need the X-men at all.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

There's no way in hell he was going light speed. If he was going light speed the bullets wouldn't have moved in the entire 3 minutes he was running. Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,786
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

It wasn't FTL. But it was way beyond the speed of sound. Way beyond anything comic Quicksilver has ever done.

But it was cool anyway so it doesn't matter.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Longshot777
Side-Kick
 
Longshot777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 629
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
There's no way in hell he was going light speed. If he was going light speed the bullets wouldn't have moved in the entire 3 minutes he was running. Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.
Ok maybe not, but with that speed he doesn't need the X-men. He can obliterate Magneto and Xavier with ease.

And in real time, when Xavier tried to push Magneto away from bullets, Pietro has done numerous things to the guards in a blink.

If that's not light speed, it is pretty much close to it.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,786
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

That isn't anywhere near light speed lol.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
Krak66
Side-Kick
 
Krak66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KZ
Posts: 499
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!



Many characters have slightly different powers in the movie universe compared to the comics. So maybe in Apocalypse they slow him down

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Ok maybe not, but with that speed he doesn't need the X-men. He can obliterate Magneto and Xavier with ease.

And in real time, when Xavier tried to push Magneto away from bullets, Pietro has done numerous things to the guards in a blink.

If that's not light speed, it is pretty much close to it.
He could take out Magneto sure. Literally in a heartbeat. Comic QS probably has a good shot at it as well. But there's no way he could take out Xavier. Charles could shut him down faster than he could even complete that thought.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,976
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

I don't want to be a big party pooper... but I wasn't really impressed with how the speed special effects were handled. The way people were reporting it as revolutionary I was expecting something more.

As for his speed. Given the small size of the room and how fast wolverine was throwing out his claws, the slowest bullets (plastic guns) would have reached them in about 1/2 a second. I'd rate his speed at about 2000 feet per second even though that breaks the sound barrier and unrealistic without that happening in the room.

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,786
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Who cares about real world physics?

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,976
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Who cares about real world physics?
Normally I agree but it's one thread... not like we are killing the forums trying to figure it out.

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,786
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

I get ya. But still, sometimes you just gotta let the visceral take over the analytical. Especially when it comes to these kinds of movies.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #12
Longshot777
Side-Kick
 
Longshot777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 629
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Ok all I'm saying is that they made him too powerful. I don't care about his comic book speed at all.

Wether it's not light speed, the whole room slowed to almost pausing.

Sorry but Quicksilver can even take out Phoenix with that speed. Lol

And Xavier's speed of thought still can't touch that "almost pausing" speed.

Like I said if he was with Wolverine and company then their mission would have been accomplished in no time.

The writers knew they had to get rid of him because with that speed he has no weakness.

To clarify, I really don't have any problems with him, I'm just saying he could be the most powerful mutant in the movies next to Phoenix or perhaps even above her.

And I think they did raise the bar in super speed action in superhero movies, let's see if CW Flash 2014, Avengers Quicksilver 2015 and JL Flash 2017 can top it.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #13
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yoda's mud hut
Posts: 4,375
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Ok all I'm saying is that they made him too powerful. I don't care about his comic book speed at all.

Wether it's not light speed, the whole room slowed to almost pausing.

Sorry but Quicksilver can even take out Phoenix with that speed. Lol

And Xavier's speed of thought still can't touch that "almost pausing" speed.

Like I said if he was with Wolverine and company then their mission would have been accomplished in no time.

The writers knew they had to get rid of him because with that speed he has no weakness.

To clarify, I really don't have any problems with him, I'm just saying he could be the most powerful mutant in the movies next to Phoenix or perhaps even above her.


And I think they did raise the bar in super speed action in superhero movies, let's see if CW Flash 2014, Avengers Quicksilver 2015 and JL Flash 2017 can top it.
I see your point to a degree against humans unstoppable but wouldn't he more problems against another mutant like Xavier (if they were opposing him) or an Emma Frost who would be able to freeze him with their mind. Just posing the question.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,064
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

I thought I was a cool scene, and very funny and a great bit of humor in an otherwise very dark film.

I guess the only thing with him, is he could have easily stopped raven himself, but if you can get past that, I thought I worked for what it was.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #15
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I thought I was a cool scene, and very funny and a great bit of humor in an otherwise very dark film.

I guess the only thing with him, is he could have easily stopped raven himself, but if you can get past that, I thought I worked for what it was.
But in this movie specifically, changing the future was about more than just stopping Mystique. It was about changing her mind. Quicksilver couldn't have done that.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
JLMHodge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 242
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

I'm sorry, but there's no way Quicksilver is more powerful than the Phoenix, and I say that as a fan of Quicksilver. I am curious to see how they'll portray his abilities in Apocalypse.

JLMHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,064
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
I see your point to a degree against humans unstoppable but wouldn't he more problems against another mutant like Xavier (if they were opposing him) or an Emma Frost who would be able to freeze him with their mind. Just posing the question.
The way the movies were presented, dark Phoenix was the most powerful mutant (until we get Apocalypse), followed by Xavier and Emma Frost, and I'd put QS above Magneto but not above Xavier for exactly the reason you state.

Rogue and Leech are special cases that are very powerful mutants, but are limited by proximity. So I'd leave them out of this discussion.

If they ever decide to use Scarlet Witch as she's used in the comics. She's easily above Xavier and Frost, not as powerful as dark Phoenix from the comics, but probably more powerful than the one presented in the films.

In House of M, she completely eliminated all mutant's powers with her hex ability.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple
 
BeholdMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,080
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Ok all I'm saying is that they made him too powerful. I don't care about his comic book speed at all.

Wether it's not light speed, the whole room slowed to almost pausing.

Sorry but Quicksilver can even take out Phoenix with that speed. Lol

And Xavier's speed of thought still can't touch that "almost pausing" speed.

Like I said if he was with Wolverine and company then their mission would have been accomplished in no time.

The writers knew they had to get rid of him because with that speed he has no weakness.

To clarify, I really don't have any problems with him, I'm just saying he could be the most powerful mutant in the movies next to Phoenix or perhaps even above her.

And I think they did raise the bar in super speed action in superhero movies, let's see if CW Flash 2014, Avengers Quicksilver 2015 and JL Flash 2017 can top it.
That sounds delusional do you really think he could beat Pheonix your giving him way to much credit, speed dosent make him unstoppable.

__________________
Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess, check out Storm #5. #SaveStorm
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #19
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yoda's mud hut
Posts: 4,375
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Ah yeah I see, I thought Phoenix and Xavier would be more powerful, I mean yeah he can run fast but he doesnt have super strength once he gets there or mind control. Obviously Apocalypse will pose more of a challenge anyway and goodness knows what other mutants on his side.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,786
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMHodge View Post
I'm sorry, but there's no way Quicksilver is more powerful than the Phoenix, and I say that as a fan of Quicksilver. I am curious to see how they'll portray his abilities in Apocalypse.
She was never shown to have more than standard human reflexes/reactions though.

What good is the ability to manipulate matter on a molecular level if you're going up against someone who is seemingly faster than thought? Wolverine killed her by stabbing her. Quicksilver punching her at 2000mph is gonna knock her out and she won't even realise what happened.

Speed kills. It's why Wally West, not Superman, was the most powerful member of the Justice League. It's why Silver Surfer would have no problem with any Avenger, including Thor and Hulk.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #21
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,976
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quicksilver did have one HUGE weakness in this film.

He's a whining teenage brat who didn't give a damn about authority and politics and only really helped because he wanted the ego stroke of breaking someone out of the most guarded facility in the world.
I liked his speed but it will be problematic in the next film if it is larger then it is here.

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #22
sdc10
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 857
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
Quicksilver did have one HUGE weakness in this film.

He's a whining teenage brat who didn't give a damn about authority and politics and only really helped because he wanted the ego stroke of breaking someone out of the most guarded facility in the world.
I liked his speed but it will be problematic in the next film if it is larger then it is here.
No it wont, because the majority of people don't care. I seriously doubt people will be saying "wait a minute it totally looks like they slowed him down from the first movie".

He runs fast, thats all people care about. As long as they make it look cool, people wont care how fast hes is running.

sdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #23
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,976
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc10 View Post
No it wont, because the majority of people don't care. I seriously doubt people will be saying "wait a minute it totally looks like they slowed him down from the first movie".

He runs fast, thats all people care about. As long as they make it look cool, people wont care how fast hes is running.
You mistake me. If they don't slow him down it will be a problem. Not that they won't. I expect them to.

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #24
sdc10
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 857
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
You mistake me. If they don't slow him down it will be a problem. Not that they won't. I expect them to.
Again, no it wont

sdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #25
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,976
Default Re: Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

I don't understand you, unless you want to have an actual debate about it then I'm just going to drop it as yes it will, no it won't, isn't going to get us anywhere and you don't seem interested in an actual discussion and feels more like troll bait.

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.