Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #26
CB Fan
The Watcher

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I still think Vaughn has given us the best and most exciting action of the franchise. DOFP action was good for a Bryan Singer movie.
Completely agree!

Old 05-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I disagree. The Avengers had more comic booky action imo. Most of the action looked like it leaped off the pages of the comic book. I'll add all the Spider-Man films as well in there. However, DOFP had the ,most brutal action scenes I've ever seen.
I'm talking in terms of powers. DOFP (future) had so much variation of powers and unity when used with Blinks portals

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 05-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #28
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

It's funny reading some of this. People are quick to change there minds about the film because of the Domestic total? LOL!

Whatever!!!

Most of the same people just last week were saying how awesome it was. Now it's suddenly NOT?

LOL!!!

I am sticking with my A+ franchise grade.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #29
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Don't you mean QUEEN

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #30
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I'm talking in terms of powers. DOFP (future) had so much variation of powers and unity when used with Blonks portals
I agree, especially in the 3rd act when Blink was using her portals against the Sentinels. When they blast the fire, she opens a portal which in turns opens infront of another sentinel which takes the fire blast. That was cool as ****!

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 05-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #31
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Yeah Blink was awesome in this, I liked all her scenes really.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:59 PM   #32
kryptonjedi
Side-Kick

Except for maybe X:Men Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 I'm wondering if Fox will continue to make more X-Men movies at least ones with over a 200 million dollar budget. Based on these numbers they're just no that many people even interested in the this movie. I mean if Days of Future Past can't do well domestically what chance does any other x-men film have. If a film with this type of cast, budget and critical praise can't have decent legs then there is nothing the franchise can do at this point.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #33
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonjedi View Post
Except for maybe X:Men Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 I'm wondering if Fox will continue to make more X-Men movies at least ones with over a 200 million dollar budget. Based on these numbers they're just no that many people even interested in the this movie. I mean if Days of Future Past can't do well domestically what chance does any other x-men film have. If a film with this type of cast, budget and critical praise can't have decent legs then there is nothing the franchise can do at this point.

REBOOT?

Apocalypse will see it's budget slashed to 160 million. The budget was probably set at 220 at one time. Nut now since this DEBACLE and BOMB of a drop it will be slashed.

BUT

atleast we are getting the film. LOL!!

Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #34
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Collider, which was nearly right about the 26-30 million for Xmen DOFP and Maleficent's HUGE 88-92 million is seeing a drop of 75% oversees to 42 million second week. Can anyone confirm this DROP?

Another thing that i noticed is that the reviews are trending up for Maleficent. Almost overnight the FAN wave for the amazing Maleficent went from 42% at RC to 50%. The reviews from today are all trending FRESH. So the people have spoken and the TOP Critics are taking note of that.

I was expecting a critic drop for DAY'S but don't see one yet.

BTW!! The Saturday number for Xmen is trending north of 10 million from Boxoffice.com

the are looking at

Friday 9.4
Saturday 10.2
Sunday 7.3

24.9 is what it's looking like.

But who knows...

But this is looking like an ANG LEE HULK and Green Lantern WW drop if all these predictions stay true.

What happened.......... it's not a FLOP of a film but the audience's are saying otherwise.
Where the hell are you getting all these numbers? I'm on boxoffice.com all day and I don't see those. And international numbers look really steady so...

Old 05-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick

Extenuating circumstances aside, I don't think any of these blockbusters should have a (reported)budget north of 200. Ignoring some crazy visual gems that have been made for pennies, there are some massive films that have been made with budgets south of 200.

Filmmakers/producers really should strive for work arounds if/when possible. Especially when it comes to promotional tie ins. Free cars and what not.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #36
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonjedi View Post
The Wolverine budget was $120million so I dont see number two being any more than $150m tops, no real need either.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 05-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #37
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Where the hell are you getting all these numbers? I'm on boxoffice.com all day and I don't see those. And international numbers look really steady so...

Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.

look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN

However, atleast DOFP will get to 375 million before it's run it over....

Old 05-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #38
night0205
Side-Kick

My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #39
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Extenuating circumstances aside, I don't think any of these blockbusters should have a (reported)budget north of 200. Ignoring some crazy visual gems that have been made for pennies, there are some massive films that have been made with budgets south of 200.

Filmmakers/producers really should strive for work arounds if/when possible. Especially when it comes to promotional tie ins. Free cars and what not.
District 9 was made for like 30 million. The VFX were flawless in that film. I guess it all comes down to the director and which VFX company is used. VFX is the reason was so many blockbusters have huge budgets.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 05-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #40
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.
No leave them to it far more entertaining

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 05-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #41
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.

look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

Point is, I can't find any article or news that lists your numbers, and the international box office forum over at boxoffice.com seems to point to a 50% drop. So please provide sources because it sounds like you are pulling numbers out of nowhere.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #42
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
No leave them to it far more entertaining
Indeed.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #43
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
District 9 was made for like 30 million. The VFX were flawless in that film. I guess it all comes down to the director and which VFX company is used. VFX is the reason was so many blockbusters have huge budgets.
Possibly, I've actually heard that vfx companies tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of budgets and a fixed commission regardless of 'revisions'.

Studios find all sorts of ways to waste money. Overlong productions, expensive set permits, over priced actors, catering, using film/native,... crafty filmmakers/producers can find ways to do things more efficiently.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #44
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Would you have preferred landfills for Paris and Mongolian temples?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #45
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Possibly, I've actually heard that vfx companies tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of budgets and a fixed commission regardless of 'revisions'.

Studios find all sorts of ways to waste money. One of which is overlong productions.
Yeah I heard that too. One of the VFX companies actually closed because they went bankrupt.:/ I wouldn't particularly fault all Studios (Sony is guilty of this) but also the director. Especially when you look at the TF films, they have budgets of less than 200 mil but look a lot better than films like Green Lantern who had an ernomous budget. You have to start wondering where all that money goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about:/

Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #46
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Never understood the temple idea outside of it's contribution as a set piece. That entire operation should have been done on the mobile jet imo.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #47
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I honestly can't make out what WC Avengers rambling alarmist posts even mean.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #48
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I heard that too. One of the VFX companies actually closed because they went bankrupt.:/ I wouldn't particularly fault all Studios (Sony is guilty of this) but also the director. Especially when you look at the TF films, they have budgets of less than 200 mil but look a lot better than films like Green Lantern who had an ernomous budget. You have to start wondering where all that money goes.

beats me.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

You sure seem like a maleficent fanboy and antiX-Men by your posts today.

I am surprised i haven't heard from you the standard let rights go to disney arguement.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about:/
They were able to save money on D9 by filming on landfills.

Closed Thread