The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: DOFP Worldwide prediction
+ $300 million 7 5.07%
+ $400 5 3.62%
+ $500 23 16.67%
+ $600 32 23.19%
+ $700 38 27.54%
+ $800 16 11.59%
+ $900 10 7.25%
+ 1 Billion 5 3.62%
1,100 - 1,250 1 0.72%
1,250 -1,500 0 0%
+ 1,500 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #26
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 1,263
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I still think Vaughn has given us the best and most exciting action of the franchise. DOFP action was good for a Bryan Singer movie.
Completely agree!

CB Fan is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,256
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I disagree. The Avengers had more comic booky action imo. Most of the action looked like it leaped off the pages of the comic book. I'll add all the Spider-Man films as well in there. However, DOFP had the ,most brutal action scenes I've ever seen.
I'm talking in terms of powers. DOFP (future) had so much variation of powers and unity when used with Blinks portals

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #28
WC Avengers
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 390
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

It's funny reading some of this. People are quick to change there minds about the film because of the Domestic total? LOL!


Whatever!!!

Most of the same people just last week were saying how awesome it was. Now it's suddenly NOT?

LOL!!!

I am sticking with my A+ franchise grade.

WC Avengers is online now  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #29
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,256
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Don't you mean QUEEN

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #30
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,172
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I'm talking in terms of powers. DOFP (future) had so much variation of powers and unity when used with Blonks portals
I agree, especially in the 3rd act when Blink was using her portals against the Sentinels. When they blast the fire, she opens a portal which in turns opens infront of another sentinel which takes the fire blast. That was cool as ****!

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #31
MarvelU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Yeah Blink was awesome in this, I liked all her scenes really.

MarvelU is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:59 PM   #32
kryptonjedi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 34
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Except for maybe X:Men Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 I'm wondering if Fox will continue to make more X-Men movies at least ones with over a 200 million dollar budget. Based on these numbers they're just no that many people even interested in the this movie. I mean if Days of Future Past can't do well domestically what chance does any other x-men film have. If a film with this type of cast, budget and critical praise can't have decent legs then there is nothing the franchise can do at this point.

kryptonjedi is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #33
WC Avengers
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 390
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonjedi View Post
Except for maybe X:Men Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 I'm wondering if Fox will continue to make more X-Men movies at least ones with over a 200 million dollar budget. Based on these numbers they're just no that many people even interested in the this movie. I mean if Days of Future Past can't do well domestically what chance does any other x-men film have. If a film with this type of cast, budget and critical praise can't have decent legs then there is nothing the franchise can do at this point.

REBOOT?

Apocalypse will see it's budget slashed to 160 million. The budget was probably set at 220 at one time. Nut now since this DEBACLE and BOMB of a drop it will be slashed.

BUT

atleast we are getting the film. LOL!!

WC Avengers is online now  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #34
Blackout
X-Man
 
Blackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 419
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Collider, which was nearly right about the 26-30 million for Xmen DOFP and Maleficent's HUGE 88-92 million is seeing a drop of 75% oversees to 42 million second week. Can anyone confirm this DROP?


Another thing that i noticed is that the reviews are trending up for Maleficent. Almost overnight the FAN wave for the amazing Maleficent went from 42% at RC to 50%. The reviews from today are all trending FRESH. So the people have spoken and the TOP Critics are taking note of that.

I was expecting a critic drop for DAY'S but don't see one yet.

BTW!! The Saturday number for Xmen is trending north of 10 million from Boxoffice.com


the are looking at


Friday 9.4
Saturday 10.2
Sunday 7.3

24.9 is what it's looking like.


But who knows...

But this is looking like an ANG LEE HULK and Green Lantern WW drop if all these predictions stay true.

What happened.......... it's not a FLOP of a film but the audience's are saying otherwise.
Where the hell are you getting all these numbers? I'm on boxoffice.com all day and I don't see those. And international numbers look really steady so...

Blackout is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,839
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Extenuating circumstances aside, I don't think any of these blockbusters should have a (reported)budget north of 200. Ignoring some crazy visual gems that have been made for pennies, there are some massive films that have been made with budgets south of 200.

Filmmakers/producers really should strive for work arounds if/when possible. Especially when it comes to promotional tie ins. Free cars and what not.

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #36
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,312
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonjedi View Post
Except for maybe X:Men Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 I'm wondering if Fox will continue to make more X-Men movies at least ones with over a 200 million dollar budget. Based on these numbers they're just no that many people even interested in the this movie. I mean if Days of Future Past can't do well domestically what chance does any other x-men film have. If a film with this type of cast, budget and critical praise can't have decent legs then there is nothing the franchise can do at this point.
The Wolverine budget was $120million so I dont see number two being any more than $150m tops, no real need either.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #37
WC Avengers
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 390
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Where the hell are you getting all these numbers? I'm on boxoffice.com all day and I don't see those. And international numbers look really steady so...

Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.


look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN


However, atleast DOFP will get to 375 million before it's run it over....

WC Avengers is online now  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #38
night0205
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.

night0205 is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #39
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,172
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Extenuating circumstances aside, I don't think any of these blockbusters should have a (reported)budget north of 200. Ignoring some crazy visual gems that have been made for pennies, there are some massive films that have been made with budgets south of 200.

Filmmakers/producers really should strive for work arounds if/when possible. Especially when it comes to promotional tie ins. Free cars and what not.
District 9 was made for like 30 million. The VFX were flawless in that film. I guess it all comes down to the director and which VFX company is used. VFX is the reason was so many blockbusters have huge budgets.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #40
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,312
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.
No leave them to it far more entertaining

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #41
Blackout
X-Man
 
Blackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 419
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.


look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN


However, atleast DOFP will get to 375 million before it's run it over....
Point is, I can't find any article or news that lists your numbers, and the international box office forum over at boxoffice.com seems to point to a 50% drop. So please provide sources because it sounds like you are pulling numbers out of nowhere.

Blackout is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #42
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,172
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
No leave them to it far more entertaining
Indeed.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #43
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,839
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
District 9 was made for like 30 million. The VFX were flawless in that film. I guess it all comes down to the director and which VFX company is used. VFX is the reason was so many blockbusters have huge budgets.
Possibly, I've actually heard that vfx companies tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of budgets and a fixed commission regardless of 'revisions'.

Studios find all sorts of ways to waste money. Overlong productions, expensive set permits, over priced actors, catering, using film/native,... crafty filmmakers/producers can find ways to do things more efficiently.

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #44
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,571
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
District 9 was made for like 30 million. The VFX were flawless in that film. I guess it all comes down to the director and which VFX company is used. VFX is the reason was so many blockbusters have huge budgets.
Would you have preferred landfills for Paris and Mongolian temples?

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #45
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,172
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Possibly, I've actually heard that vfx companies tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of budgets and a fixed commission regardless of 'revisions'.

Studios find all sorts of ways to waste money. One of which is overlong productions.
Yeah I heard that too. One of the VFX companies actually closed because they went bankrupt.:/ I wouldn't particularly fault all Studios (Sony is guilty of this) but also the director. Especially when you look at the TF films, they have budgets of less than 200 mil but look a lot better than films like Green Lantern who had an ernomous budget. You have to start wondering where all that money goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Would you have preferred landfills for Paris and Mongolian temples?
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about:/

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #46
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,839
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Would you have preferred landfills for Paris and Mongolian temples?
Never understood the temple idea outside of it's contribution as a set piece. That entire operation should have been done on the mobile jet imo.

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #47
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 35,820
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

I honestly can't make out what WC Avengers rambling alarmist posts even mean.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #48
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,839
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yeah I heard that too. One of the VFX companies actually closed because they went bankrupt.:/ I wouldn't particularly fault all Studios (Sony is guilty of this) but also the director. Especially when you look at the TF films, they have budgets of less than 200 mil but look a lot better than films like Green Lantern who had an ernomous budget. You have to start wondering where all that money goes.

beats me.

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,761
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.


look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN


However, atleast DOFP will get to 375 million before it's run it over....
You sure seem like a maleficent fanboy and antiX-Men by your posts today.

I am surprised i haven't heard from you the standard let rights go to disney arguement.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,571
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about:/
They were able to save money on D9 by filming on landfills.

Tacit Ronin is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.