1,250 -1,500 0 0%
+ 1,500 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 06:33 PM   #51
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Jesus, are people already talking about the exact budget that X-Men Apocaypse will have? Where is that 160 number coming from?

Last edited by MarvelU; 05-31-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:33 PM   #52
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

beats me.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #53
kryptonjedi
Side-Kick

Do you think that Apocalypse will have more momentum coming off three decent to good x-men films? I hope so but in the coming weeks if it days of future past continues to have bad legs I'm no so sure.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #54
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Go throught he International numbers and do the math. it's looking like a 70% drop at least oversees.

look, no one is being negative, I read! I want this film to do well domestically and WW but it's trending down and the people have spoken.

MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN

However, atleast DOFP will get to 375 million before it's run it over....
Put down the pipe...

Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #55
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
They were able to save money on D9 by filming on landfills.
I wasn't taking a dig at DOFP. I was explaining how great the VFX for D9 were especially the aliens who were mo-capped. I was just to talking to Marvin about blockbuster movie budgets that's all.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #56
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN
That seems a stretch, I don't see that making over a billion or getting the almost universal praise that Frozen got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 05-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #57
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
My gosh you guys are so dramatic. We haven't even gotten the weekend yet, after strong results up to this point, and you guys turn emo. This movie is doing amazingly internationally, and started off strong. Now that it's a couple numbers down on Friday you all freak out. Will they reboot? Will they cancel the other movies? Is apocalypse still happening? Take my advice, step away from your electronic devises, go eat something, take a nap and see if you are thinking more level minded in the morning.
A voice of reasons amidst the chaos. Thank you!

Old 05-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #58
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I honestly can't make out what WC Avengers rambling alarmist posts even mean.
Same guy who was reporting he heard a radio report saying DOFP did 4 million on Tuesday for the biggest drop ever, when it did 8.2, and claimed the deadline article tracking DOFP for 8.1 million yesterday when the day was already over and article clearly wrote 9.3. Now he is reporting nonexistent numbers. A "42 million second week internationally" when China has grossed 14 million Friday and Saturday alone.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #59
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonjedi View Post
Do you think that Apocalypse will have more momentum coming off three decent to good x-men films? I hope so but in the coming weeks if it days of future past continues to have bad legs I'm no so sure.
It's going to depend on what the foreign box office numbers are.

Apocalypse Is likely to do less than DOFP.It loses the both casts card DOFP
had.Younger versions of Cyclops,Jean,and storm don't mean people will rush
to theatres.Hugh Jackman may have smaller role In APocalypse than DOFP.
Remember wolverine actully didn't do much in the action of DOFP.Other OT actors mentioned by Kinberg as being In film may only be cameos and not
featured in trailers or promation.

The final WW gross will give us an idea how much Fox will be willing to spend.

If WC Avengers is right and DOFP only does 375 million worldwide no way In hell will Apocalypse get 200 Million budget.150 to 160 Million tops would be
budget.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #60
Marvin
Side-Kick

If fox wants more money they need to use their weapons(in the marketing anyways).
Jackman/JLaw..etc.

I'm not so sure about the period piece cbms. Seems like a mixed bag. Supposedly the next one takes place in the 80's? Makes sense if they want to keep the younger cast. I imagine the rest of these films will take place pre-2000 for that particular reason...

Old 05-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #61
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That seems a stretch, I don't see that making over a billion or getting the almost universal praise that Frozen got.

Maleficent is now at 50 at RT up 3 percent.It has 78 liked from audences
compared to DOFP at 91 from critics and 95 liked from audences.

average rating from maleficent-5.7/10
DOFP-7.6/10

It's hardly getting universal praise,and Maleficent could drop second week just
like DOFP Is doing especilly with Tom Cruise's new film getting better reaction
from early reviews than Maleficent.

Even with me not being wild about easing non-FC films from contunity still doesn't change my mind about quality of film.

My Intrest In APocalypse Is primarly due to
1:Bryan Singer directing
2:Adapting loosly one of my favorate storylines the age of apocalypse
3:The involvement of some OT Actors In film

Old 05-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #62
Blackout
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's going to depend on what the foreign box office numbers are.

Apocalypse Is likely to do less than DOFP.It loses the both casts card DOFP
had.Younger versions of Cyclops,Jean,and storm don't mean people will rush
to theatres.Hugh Jackman may have smaller role In APocalypse than DOFP.
Remember wolverine actully didn't do much in the action of DOFP.Other OT actors mentioned by Kinberg as being In film may only be cameos and not
featured in trailers or promation.

The final WW gross will give us an idea how much Fox will be willing to spend.

If WC Avengers is right and DOFP only does 375 million worldwide no way In hell will Apocalypse get 200 Million budget.150 to 160 Million tops would be
budget.
DOFP is already at 380million+ so no

Old 05-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #63
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
DOFP is already at 380million+ so no
well I guess we can dismiss him then

DOFP could still end up as highest grossing X-men film worldwide.It just won't
he highest grossing film in series domesticly.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #64
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I mean if you think about it, The Wolverine made about 400+ million, and that was a fairly small budget grounded movie. I will expect this movie to do at least more than that one. Not sure what WC Avengers means by his 375 numbers.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #65
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

He meant 375 Million WW total as a hulk and green lantern type bomb.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #66
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Same guy who was reporting he heard a radio report saying DOFP did 4 million on Tuesday for the biggest drop ever, when it did 8.2, and claimed the deadline article tracking DOFP for 8.1 million yesterday when the day was already over and article clearly wrote 9.3. Now he is reporting nonexistent numbers. A "42 million second week internationally" when China has grossed 14 million Friday and Saturday alone.

I'm a proponent of accurately assessing box office numbers no matter if fans like the results or not but I don't sense WC Avengers doing that. It feels like trolling to me but maybe I'm wrong, maybe he actually believes what he wrote. I do think the domestic drop is bad but I haven't seen anything about it only doing 42mil this weekend in the international markets. I want a link to his numbers.

Quote:
If fox wants more money they need to use their weapons(in the marketing anyways).
Jackman/JLaw..etc.

I'm not so sure about the period piece cbms. Seems like a mixed bag. Supposedly the next one takes place in the 80's? Makes sense if they want to keep the younger cast. I imagine the rest of these films will take place pre-2000 for that particular reason...
It's odd I barely saw Lawrence promoting the film, was that because of her Hunger Games commitments or something? I know she is still filming Mockingjay. Fox didn't even seem to be marketing her part as much as I thought they would.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-31-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #67
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wow Maleficent is looking strong. Much bigger Friday than I expected.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #68
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's odd I barely saw Lawrence promoting the film, was that because of her Hunger Games commitments or something? I know she is still filming Mockingjay. Fox didn't even seem to be marketing her part as much as I thought they would.
I noticed that too, I basically saw the 'big three' everywhere but not her. I suppose unlike hunger games, they/she figured they didn't need her to run around selling the film 'herself'.

In other thoughts, I imagine, if Fantastic Four is a big hit, Xmen might be in a better position. If F4 sucks, Xmen will no doubt be worse for wear.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #69
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Wow, So may people are jumping off the deep end over domestic totals is pretty sad.

Quote:
REBOOT?

Apocalypse will see it's budget slashed to 160 million. The budget was probably set at 220 at one time. Nut now since this DEBACLE and BOMB of a drop it will be slashed.
What evidence are you basing this off?

AND lol at "MALEFICENT IS THE NEXT FROZEN". It's being panned by the Critics. Frozen was well received by Critics.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #70
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I noticed that too, I basically saw the 'big three' everywhere but not her. I suppose unlike hunger games, they/she figured they didn't need her to run around selling the film 'herself'.
I think the whole marketing campaign was decent at best. You'd think Fox would have put their all in marketing this film.

Quote:
In other thoughts, I imagine, if Fantastic Four is a big hit, Xmen might be in a better position. If F4 sucks, Xmen will no doubt be worse for wear.
Unless they are connected I don't think one will have an effect on the other.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #71
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
I think the whole marketing campaign was decent at best. You'd think Fox would have put their all in marketing this film.

Unless they are connected I don't think one will have an effect on the other.
LOL at FF being a big hit. And your right they won't have anything to do with each other.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #72
Marvin
Side-Kick

I think people are under estimating FF and it's producers. To think it will be that much less a hit than an unknown like Guardians even...
I liked Chronicle too much to not give that film a wild card chance. Talented cast and decent writer not withstanding.
If right now they brought Trank onto Xmen, it'd be something new and interesting, he just happens to be on FF instead.

If that film is a hit, and it is connected to the new fox continuity and Kinberg continues this streak, at the very least the internet/film community will take notice as things lead into the next Xfilm. When a studio is on a streak it doesn't count for nothing, connected or not.

Last edited by Marvin; 05-31-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #73
HIA
Banned User

Quote:
Jackman/JLaw..etc.
more than what they have already done? X3 made more than Dofp to this point in USA, so if a X-Men sequel with Jen sold as a big player in all the marketing, including a huge spot in the actual poster, hasnt made bigger numbers than a movie 8 years old, its not like her name played a big role at all. So its not like putting the focus in just two actors will make the franchise to achieve huge numbers magically. Maybe thats the actual problem of the series, as many fans have been saying all this year.
If there's something USA numbers are showing, is that having a huge cast with that many stars is not a make or break factor anymore.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #74
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Maleficent is many things but the next Frozen it is NOT. I saw it last night (slipped in after buying a DoFP ticket--because I get down like that), and critics are bashing because it's deserved.

And Marvelrobbins: I think it's way too early to say Apocalypse will do worse than DoFP two years from now. Much will ride on who they cast in the roles of Storm, Jean and Scott. Yes, the OT cast is being phased out. The First Class cast is VERY strong now, especially with Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence being Oscar contender caliber now. If FOX is smart they will continue casting on that level for the Big Three. For example: If Lupita Nyong'o is added to the cast in the role of Storm then that film's pedigree is all the richer. Plus you have the goodwill afforded by THIS film.

In franchises, you're only as good as your last film. DoFP places X-Men: Apocalypse in an EXCELLENT position. What this franchise needs now is AN EVENT. A serious GAME CHANGER. Enough of the mutant equality/Magneto lifts something huge in the 3rd Act concepts. It's been done. And if the sluggish box office for this franchise says anything at all, it's that audiences are getting a little "been there/done that" and are ready for something fresh and new.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 05-31-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #75
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
more than what they have already done? X3 made more than Dofp to this point in USA, so if a X-Men sequel with Jen sold as a big player in all the marketing, including a huge spot in the actual poster, hasnt made bigger numbers than a movie 8 years old, its not like her name played a big role at all. So its not like putting the focus in just two actors will make the franchise to achieve huge numbers magically. Maybe thats the actual problem of the series, as many fans have been saying all this year.
If there's something USA numbers are showing, is that having a huge cast with that many stars is not a make or break factor anymore.
This film made more than the past 3. Clearly something is 'working' again. Perhaps an xmen film with wolverine makes more than an xmen film without him. Perhaps Jlaw's star status helped this film in a way her lack of star status didn't in the previous one..

X3 had other things going for it(including hyping a phoenix saga and being sold as the end) such as coming off of maybe the best received Xfilm in the dawn of cbms at the time. Hard to say. But holding this films circumstance against X3 is pretty tricky imo. The april-june of releases X3 faced also seems different from the current state of things, in some ways better in some ways worse I guess.

Either way, Fox would be wise to fully lean on all their tools/assets imo.