The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: DOFP Worldwide prediction
+ $300 million 7 5.07%
+ $400 5 3.62%
+ $500 23 16.67%
+ $600 32 23.19%
+ $700 38 27.54%
+ $800 16 11.59%
+ $900 10 7.25%
+ 1 Billion 5 3.62%
1,100 - 1,250 1 0.72%
1,250 -1,500 0 0%
+ 1,500 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #101
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Depends on what they did with it. I am definitely curious about how well it would have done. DoFP is an event film. If they could have made a real event film First Class sequel, I wonder what would have happened.

One of the things I feel that gets overlooked, is that there isn't much to the characters from the original trilogy of films. They weren't exactly the Avengers, who were all built up in the various individual film franchises. The films had laser focus on Logan, Erik, and Charles. Others like Rogue had their roles to play, but we aren't talking great ocean depths here. There wasn't much to get attached to.

Also why exclude Jackman? By the character's very nature, he can be Wolverine with the First Class crew?
I'm excluding Jackman because he's with the original cast from the start. I saw an interview of him and he even labeled himself that he's with the originals and not the new cast.

It doesn't mean just because his character already exists in the 60/70/80s, he's already a FC cast member.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #102
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 161
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Am I the only one worried about how the movie is currently performing at the box office? After more than 1 week we are more than $20M behind what the ASM2 did... Considering the budget, the expected number should be $650M at least worldwide...

If we get less than $500M, I'm not so sure if Fox would be very excited for X-Men: Apocalypse.

I've done my homework though... tomorrow is my 5th watch.

lofoa82 is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #103
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,550
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Exactly. Who was Cyclops in the original films? Basically, a one note jerk. Storm had little depth in X1, and in X2 her scenes were all basically stolen from the much more interesting Nightcrawler. Jean had her moments, and was I'd say next best developed after Wolverine, Magneto, and Xavier, but even there it was a distant 4th. They have a chance to reintroduce these characters, make them younger, and give them proper development. Not just have this be Wolverine and the X-Men like the OT was guilty of often.
Scott was literally Logan's antagonist in the first series. The leader of the X-Men only existed to serve as Logan's foil.

Imagine a film based around the "real" First Class? A young Scott learning from his mentor, the audience finally getting to realize why Scott and Jean love each other, why Scott is the leader of the X-Men. Set to the backdrop of Apocalypse. I think it has fantastic potential imo and was set up with the DoFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofoa82 View Post
Am I the only one worried about how the movie is currently performing at the box office? After more than 1 week we are more than $20M behind what the ASM2 did... Considering the budget, the expected number should be $650M at least worldwide...

If we get less than $500M, I'm not so sure if Fox would be very excited for X-Men: Apocalypse.

I've done my homework though... tomorrow is my 5th watch.
I am not sure where you got your numbers, but they are no where near that dire. The film will easily pass $600m WW, so don't worry about Apocalypse. It is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm excluding Jackman because he's with the original cast from the start. I saw an interview of him and he even labeled himself that he's with the originals and not the new cast.

It doesn't mean just because his character already exists in the 60/70/80s, he's already a FC cast member.
But in context, he can be there, and he will be in the future. Heck, DoFP set that up.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:17 PM   #104
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 39,203
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Scott was literally Logan's antagonist in the first series. The leader of the X-Men only existed to serve as Logan's foil.

Imagine a film based around the "real" First Class? A young Scott learning from his mentor, the audience finally getting to realize why Scott and Jean love each other, why Scott is the leader of the X-Men. Set to the backdrop of Apocalypse. I think it has fantastic potential imo and was set up with the DoFP.
Agreed, and I am hoping that the film we are getting is THAT movie

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 PM   #105
Sithborg
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 685
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

I seriously can't see the doom and gloom. It is doing better than First Class. That is a positive sign. The exact opposite issue Spider-man is having. The question Fox has to answer on Apocalypse's budget is, is it worth betting on keeping the momentum X-men seems to be regaining.

I swear, fans need to seriously reconsider how important the box office measuring contest is. I am happy with DOFP. My only concern is that it makes enough to justify Fox continuing on this positive creative streak. I would hate to see that sacrificed for more "spectacle".

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #106
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,550
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Agreed, and I am hoping that the film we are getting is THAT movie
Thinking about this, I wonder how "emotional" the Sentinel attack in DoFP is for general audiences. They don't know the vast majority of the X-Men. Even characters like Storm and Colossus, who have appeared in previous films, don't invoke a lot of emotional resonance, as we really don't know them much better then Blink.

It can be hard for fans of the material, who already have an emotional attachment to the characters and ideas based on the comics and tv shows to understand that.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #107
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Thinking about this, I wonder how "emotional" the Sentinel attack in DoFP is for general audiences. They don't know the vast majority of the X-Men. Even characters like Storm and Colossus, who have appeared in previous films, don't invoke a lot of emotional resonance, as we really don't know them much better then Blink.

It can be hard for fans of the material, who already have an emotional attachment to the characters and ideas based on the comics and tv shows to understand that.
That's why those future scenes didn't mean anything to me.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:43 PM   #108
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,900
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Wow, so like the rest of the franchise before this had a large domestic drop, I was really hoping the quality of this movie would prevent that, as this movie really is something special.

Oh well, WW, it will still make a lot of money, and who knows Apoc may be the one earning the big bucks after the good will developed through the last 3 X-Movies which have all been at the very least good.

Wouldnt surprise me to see Maleficent dropping huge next weekend though, summers really are getting too crowded these days.
I feel it's more just this May. The rest of the summer doesn't look so dense, at least quality wise. These may films really should have been spread out over these summer months.

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #109
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Thinking about this, I wonder how "emotional" the Sentinel attack in DoFP is for general audiences. They don't know the vast majority of the X-Men. Even characters like Storm and Colossus, who have appeared in previous films, don't invoke a lot of emotional resonance, as we really don't know them much better then Blink.
So now the audience didn't react when Storm was stabbed? So it was just me and the audience I was with it (for the 4 viewings I went to) and some people here who said that their theater had a big gasp when Storm was killed. Okay.

Funny what happens when the film gets a big drop in the second weekend and now it seems like the OT cast aren't needed in the film.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #110
mmaeric
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 137
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofoa82 View Post
Am I the only one worried about how the movie is currently performing at the box office? After more than 1 week we are more than $20M behind what the ASM2 did... Considering the budget, the expected number should be $650M at least worldwide...

If we get less than $500M, I'm not so sure if Fox would be very excited for X-Men: Apocalypse.

I've done my homework though... tomorrow is my 5th watch.
Through one week DOFP is way ahead of asm2 domestically and worldwide. This weekend will drop off but DOFP should still be ahead. I'm guessing spiderman will pull away but it is behind DOFP right now

mmaeric is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:52 PM   #111
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Imagine a film based around the "real" First Class? A young Scott learning from his mentor, the audience finally getting to realize why Scott and Jean love each other, why Scott is the leader of the X-Men. Set to the backdrop of Apocalypse. I think it has fantastic potential imo and was set up with the DoFP.
That would have been great but does it guarantee more box-office success?

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:53 PM   #112
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,900
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

For me, a better Xfilm would have had more significant future scenes, including the build up to the future. And instead of a bunch of mutes doing cool things, it would have actually been the full aged original cast(Scott in charge), complete with the dying every night. That would have simply had more weight for me.

An aged first class in the future, their younger selves meeting and greeting by way of logan and trask in the past. Obvious really.

Unfortunately circumstances didn't really allow for that(or did they).

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:54 PM   #113
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan
 
SAUspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 551
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Yeah, The original trilogy cast isn't a draw. It only has two Academy Award winners on it. A few others who have been nominated. The OT cast is just as much of a draw as the FC cast. You can disagree, sure. But pointing to the box office doesn't make your argument correct. Look at what Last Stand did compared domestically compared to First Class.

This is a debate that really won't go anywhere cause people will cherry pick the evidence to go with their preference.

I happen to think the OT cast is leaps and bounds better than the FC cast. Outside of X-Men...I'm not checking for any Hoult, Lawrence, Mcavoy, or Fassbender movies.

The movie would have been better with Rogue in the future. No doubt in my mind. It would have put more screen time for the Future and made it more even. But we knew this going into the movie that it was going to be 70-30. And with the cut scenes it was more like 80-20 in favor of past scenes.

Another sub plot in the future would have done wonders. But alas they had there reasons for changing it. They obviously didn't want a long movie. They didn't want a movie that lasted longer than 131 minutes. When imo, it would have been just fine at 146 minutes.

SAUspartan is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:56 PM   #114
mmaeric
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 137
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

I think it's looking like Days of Future past will finish around 200 million domestic which pretty much does suck BUT it's gonna finish with 600million worldwide which should make the dim break even after budget and marketing since that is triple the budget.

And people are failing to realise the HUGE product placement on this movie and trailer. The product placement alone is probably 150-200 million dollars which leads to huge profits.

And since it's already profiting before it ends it's theater run it gets to make a to. Of money from selling TV fights, selling DVDs, bluray and digital and increased sells of past xmen films.

This movie WILL be very profitable. And it's gonna bring 3 straight critical successes into the next xmen movie.

Xmen movies aren't huge domestic anymore but they are on the foreign markets. And even if this movie finished te box office with 500million total it would still be very profitable.

The days of movies making only 25% off foreign box office is gone, and gone are the days when a movies entire success was based directly on box office performance.

mmaeric is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #115
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan
 
SAUspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 551
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaeric View Post
I think it's looking like Days of Future past will finish around 200 million domestic which pretty much does suck BUT it's gonna finish with 600million worldwide which should make the dim break even after budget and marketing since that is triple the budget.

And people are failing to realise the HUGE product placement on this movie and trailer. The product placement alone is probably 150-200 million dollars which leads to huge profits.

And since it's already profiting before it ends it's theater run it gets to make a to. Of money from selling TV fights, selling DVDs, bluray and digital and increased sells of past xmen films.

This movie WILL be very profitable. And it's gonna bring 3 straight critical successes into the next xmen movie.

Xmen movies aren't huge domestic anymore but they are on the foreign markets. And even if this movie finished te box office with 500million total it would still be very profitable.

The days of movies making only 25% off foreign box office is gone, and gone are the days when a movies entire success was based directly on box office performance.
Yep. The Product Placement is a key point.

I want to make it clear. I'll likely love Apocalypse just as much as DOFP regardless if it's 95% FC Cast.

Since we are having a discussion, I'm only pointing out my preference for the OT Cast. Doesn't mean that I don't like the FC cast outside of J-Law (Who i don't care for at all). Mcavoy and Fassbender are so talented it's crazy.

SAUspartan is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #116
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
And people are failing to realise the HUGE product placement on this movie and trailer. The product placement alone is probably 150-200 million dollars which leads to huge profits.
That will help! I really noticed the Mountain Dew sign! And I love Mountain Dew!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #117
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Somebody please find verification for that sizable dollar amount in product placement. Especially for a movie which doesn't take place in the present.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #118
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 74
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Why is everyone saying it's going to flop, like we were expecting it to gross a billion?? From all indication it's a hit WW, maybe not so in the US, but im still expecting it to make 200+mill, which a lot of us expected. I can't at these people making the most, nit picking.
by weeks end it should be the highest grossing film in the franchise, and looking at 650+mill at the end of it's theatrical run. How is that not success??!!!!

Justice4#Rouge is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #119
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
Why is everyone saying it's going to flop, like we were expecting it to gross a billion?? From all indication it's a hit WW, maybe not so in the US, but im still expecting it to make 200+mill, which a lot of us expected. I can't at these people making the most, nit picking.
by weeks end it should be the highest grossing film in the franchise, and looking at 650+mill at the end of it's theatrical run. How is that not success??!!!!
Just out of curiosity .... it's at $360 on BO Mojo right now. Where is the other $300 million going to come from?

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #120
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,550
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That's why those future scenes didn't mean anything to me.
What got to me was Kitty' and Logan's struggle and the Charles/Charles conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
That would have been great but does it guarantee more box-office success?
Nothing is guaranteed, but I think the first step is a "fresh start". Lose the "baggage". Could be considered a wall to entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
So now the audience didn't react when Storm was stabbed? So it was just me and the audience I was with it (for the 4 viewings I went to) and some people here who said that their theater had a big gasp when Storm was killed. Okay.

Funny what happens when the film gets a big drop in the second weekend and now it seems like the OT cast aren't needed in the film.
My theater didn't really react to the "emotional" bits, but they really loved the humor.

But my point is that this wasn't Tony falling to Earth, or Bruce flying the Bat to his "death". The general audiences aren't invested in the same way with any of the X-Men in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaeric View Post
I think it's looking like Days of Future past will finish around 200 million domestic which pretty much does suck BUT it's gonna finish with 600million worldwide which should make the dim break even after budget and marketing since that is triple the budget.

And people are failing to realise the HUGE product placement on this movie and trailer. The product placement alone is probably 150-200 million dollars which leads to huge profits.

And since it's already profiting before it ends it's theater run it gets to make a to. Of money from selling TV fights, selling DVDs, bluray and digital and increased sells of past xmen films.

This movie WILL be very profitable. And it's gonna bring 3 straight critical successes into the next xmen movie.

Xmen movies aren't huge domestic anymore but they are on the foreign markets. And even if this movie finished te box office with 500million total it would still be very profitable.

The days of movies making only 25% off foreign box office is gone, and gone are the days when a movies entire success was based directly on box office performance.
That would be more then MOS or TDKR, which are the top two in terms of coporate sponsorship. I highly doubt that. Not that it matters really though, this movie isn't going to lose money. It is going to do very solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
Yeah, The original trilogy cast isn't a draw. It only has two Academy Award winners on it. A few others who have been nominated. The OT cast is just as much of a draw as the FC cast. You can disagree, sure. But pointing to the box office doesn't make your argument correct. Look at what Last Stand did compared domestically compared to First Class.

This is a debate that really won't go anywhere cause people will cherry pick the evidence to go with their preference.

I happen to think the OT cast is leaps and bounds better than the FC cast. Outside of X-Men...I'm not checking for any Hoult, Lawrence, Mcavoy, or Fassbender movies.

The movie would have been better with Rogue in the future. No doubt in my mind. It would have put more screen time for the Future and made it more even. But we knew this going into the movie that it was going to be 70-30. And with the cut scenes it was more like 80-20 in favor of past scenes.

Another sub plot in the future would have done wonders. But alas they had there reasons for changing it. They obviously didn't want a long movie. They didn't want a movie that lasted longer than 131 minutes. When imo, it would have been just fine at 146 minutes.
I understand people are fans of the old cast, but there is not a lot of logic to the idea that more future would have made the film or box office better.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #121
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You know, they did that with First Class and it wasn't enough. I don't see how bringing the younger version of Cyclops/Jean/Storm would be much different.
I couldn't disagree with you more. First Class only opened with $55M for a reason. Yes, Charles and Erik were there. But aside from that? There were no classic X-Men "A-List" characters featured in it. Logan had a cameo. Storm, Jean and Scott were absent leaving us with what? Angel, Darwin and Banshee? No one gives a damn about those characters and that's why even the core fan base didn't show up in force.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #122
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Even if they include the younger version of Cyclops, Storm and Jean, those three would still appear as the "younger" version. And usually, prequels perform less than the original series. Those 3 appearing in the movie wouldn't guarantee stronger legs and bigger opening weekend numbers. Well we had Cyclops in Origins, jean in Wolverine and Storm in DOFP and still it isn't enough. I don't see a big increase in box-office with introducing the younger version of those three in the next one. And are the mainstream viewers really clamoring for another origin story? They could just continue in the present period with every X-Men alive again.

Quote:
Nothing is guaranteed, but I think the first step is a "fresh start". Lose the "baggage". Could be considered a wall to entry.
The "fresh start" didn't happen probably because Fox wasn't satisfied with FC's box-office gross. And like you said this is more a FC film then why the heck are you putting the blame on the OT cast?

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-01-2014 at 01:05 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #123
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,550
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Just out of curiosity .... it's at $360 on BO Mojo right now. Where is the other $300 million going to come from?
That doesn't include this weekend oversea totals. By the end of this weekend, the film should be around $450m WW, probably more. It should get to $600m without much problem. How much after that is a question. It still has another weekend before the World Cup starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if they include the younger version of Cyclops, Storm and Jean, those three would still appear as the "younger" version. And usually, prequels perform less than the original series.

The "fresh start" didn't happen probably because Fox wasn't satisfied with FC's box-office gross. And like you said this is more a FC film then why the heck are you putting the blame on the OT cast?
I am not putting the "blame" on anyone. You are ignoring my point. I am saying that this take on the X-Men may very well have a low ceiling at the box office. Now while Apocalypse will still be a continuation, there is very much the real possiblity of it being a "soft" reboot. One that can separate itself from something that could be considered from a different era of superhero films.

As much as I love First Class, the problem was not allowing it to be what it should have been. A reboot.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 06-01-2014 at 01:07 AM.
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 AM   #124
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,406
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
I am not putting the "blame" on anyone. You are ignoring my point. I am saying that this take on the X-Men may very well have a low ceiling at the box office. Now while Apocalypse will still be a continuation, there is very much the real possiblity of it being a "soft" reboot.
You made it sound like the OT cast isn't really needed. Just with your posts "This should have been OT's swan song" "OT cast isn't really a big draw". And yet DOFP has bigger opening weekend numbers than the spin-offs and it will already outgross X1/FC/TW then Origins in week 3. Then worldwide, it will be the highest grossing film to date. You aren't giving the OT cast any credit and as you said, they only appeared in the film for like 1/4 of the film well except for Hugh Jackman then you make comments like they aren't a big draw like as if they aren't needed and that this film would have done better or it wouldn't be any different without them. You were implying that a true FC sequel with the younger version of Cyke/Jean/Ororo would have done better but I clearly doubt that would be the case if we got that film over this one with the OT cast.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-01-2014 at 01:16 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #125
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,550
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You made it sound like the OT cast isn't really needed. Just with your posts "This should have been OT's swan song" "OT cast isn't really a big draw". And yet DOFP has bigger opening weekend numbers than the spin-offs and it will already outgross X1/FC/TW then Origins in week 3. Then worldwide, it will be the highest grossing film to date. You aren't giving the OT cast any credit and as you said, they only appeared in the film for like 1/4 of the film well except for Hugh Jackman then you make comments like they aren't a big draw like as if they aren't needed and that this film would have done better or it wouldn't be any different without them. You were implying that a true FC sequel with the younger version of Cyke/Jean/Ororo would have done better but I clearly doubt that would be the case if we got that film over this one with the OT cast.
I am not implying anything. I am saying exactly how I feel. Granted I am trying to avoid a fight, so I am treading a little softly, but I feel like I am being very clear.

The only relevant one is Jackman as Logan from either group. I love McAvoy, but I have no evidence that he is a draw here, just like there is no evidence that any of the original cast are a draw.

I really like DoFP, but it is all but useless if they don't use it to open a new door. I am not saying that Apocalypse would make more money with a new group, Jackman and the First Class crew. What I am saying is that if they want the X-Men film franchise to grow and expand, they need to move on from the old. Give the audience a new group they can follow for a decade or more. The First Class crew can step into the role of mentors, for the new age. McAvoy and Fassbender can be 50 and still relevant in the roles.

Think at what Marvel has done with RDJ. Come the third Avengers film, it will be a decade of RDJ as Iron Man, but not in the same patchwork manner the X-Men franchise have handled the vast majority of their characters.

If you want to get into stats, Lawrence wasn't a "star" back when First Class came out. DoFP came on the back of her willing an Oscar, another nomination, and back to back years of ruling the domestic box office. She probably has more to do with the box office then older crew. After all, she is Katniss, the warrior men and women, young and old, adore.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.