The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #276
Snikt
Side-Kick
 
Snikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
appart from being one of those big visuals... its starting to be a bit predictable how on each movie Magneto has that one big sequence to sell in the trailers. While the rest just do low key action.
would be fine if for a chance, a x-men sequel shows one of the x-men doing something as huge. I mean one big destruction/power display that Fox would show in all trailers and spots like "the biggest action scene of the movie".
He is the most powerful mutant in the X-Men films besides Jean. So I guess he gets to do all the fun stuff.

Xavier is very powerful too, but there's only so much they can do with his powers.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #277
HIA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 824
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

there are like at least 20-30 mutants in the x-universe that could have a wow moment for the audience. Its just about being creative with them. either solo or as a team. But the x-men as a team could do wonders. Gambit could have a big action moment, exciting and visually great, Nightcrawler is awesome, even if he cant destroy things, but could impress the audience easily, as he did in X2. Cyclops.... well, we all know he could destroy a building himself. Jean, no need to explain, Storm same case. Rogue could be everyone at the same time, Colossus could destroy plenty of things too, Iceman could shine easily in the middle of the citty with his iceslides... the list goes on and on.

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #278
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 554
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

With Apoc being the big baddy we should be able to witness Cyclops and Storm letting loose with their abilities

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosAVatar Of Death
Apocalypse scares me...he is why i dont visit earth that much

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #279
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 261
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

I've only seen this movie once so I might have missed it, but why did they need to enlist the help of Magneto? I feel like he just made things much worse...

MynAmeIsedDie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #280
Karelia
We Are Groot
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,916
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
With Apoc being the big baddy we should be able to witness Cyclops and Storm letting loose with their abilities
I'm excited for that. After seeing DOFP 3 times, I was thinking how cool it would have been to see Cyclops fight a Sentinel.

__________________
Believe In The Shield...

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #281
speno94
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 509
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Take away the time travel element for a second, how did Magneto escape the Pentagon and Charles must have eventually stopped taking the serum and became the wise Patrick Stewart Xavier we know without Wolverine's help for the OT to happen?

I only just thought about it, if there was no DOFP and was just the original trilogy, Magneto still escaped the Pentagon somehow and Charles still became Patrick Stewart without Wolverine helping/guiding him.

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #282
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,915
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

^ Yep, only much later in the timeline and by their own means. Maybe Mystique helped break out Mags in the original timeline. And maybe once Vietnam ended and mutant kids needed somewhere to go again, Xavier got his **** together and re-opened the school/stopped taking the serum.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #283
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,351
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
Take away the time travel element for a second, how did Magneto escape the Pentagon and Charles must have eventually stopped taking the serum and became the wise Patrick Stewart Xavier we know without Wolverine's help for the OT to happen?

I only just thought about it, if there was no DOFP and was just the original trilogy, Magneto still escaped the Pentagon somehow and Charles still became Patrick Stewart without Wolverine helping/guiding him.
Yeah; my assumption is that Charles eventually came out of his brooding shell at some point in the original timeline. However, the big difference here (in my honest opinion) is that he didn't learn the important lesson that he did from the events that occurred in "DOFP".

If we take what we saw in the beginning of "X3" into account, we'll see that Charles had no problem with controlling Jean (to some extent) due to her high power levels, which he thought was the lesser of two evils.

However, it's because of this that ultimately led to Jean going bonkers when she awoke from her slumber in X3.

In "DOFP", we see Charles learning that he should no longer attempt to "control" Raven and put faith in her own judgment, and thus I'm assuming that from learning this experience, he was able to avoid making the same mistake with Jean like he originally did and thus why Jean and Cyclops are still alive.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:22 AM   #284
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

That's a really nice way of looking at it, definitely explains why he seems different at the end

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #285
Devil-In
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 67
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
I've only seen this movie once so I might have missed it, but why did they need to enlist the help of Magneto? I feel like he just made things much worse...
Got a best friend? Brother? Sister? Husband/wife? A second half to yourself that you would not know how to tackle and cope with the world if they left you?

THAT is why they needed Magneto. Ian Magneto understood that part of their relationship, "You'll need me as well."

Sure, they are enemies, but their relationship runs deeper than that. It's beyond such limitations like words or labels, they don't keep fighting each other because each of them is co-dependent on the chaos/order the other provides. It's not a bromance. They are two halves of the same coin. They fight each other only out of a difference on how to tackle the same ideology.

Its the same reason the chess theme is such a strong one. Anyone that knows anything about chess knows you are not playing the pieces, you playing your opponent. They know how the other thinks, behaves, actions they will take and ultimately, they both know they need the other in order to be the best people they can.

"Are you sure about this, Charles?"
"I have faith in him. [Logan.]"
"No, I mean about us. We were young, foolish. We didn't know any better."
"We will now."

"All those years fighting each other Charles...what I wouldn't give for a few of them back."

They NEED each other. Seperate...well, look what happens. Together though, they become a force of nature. This is hampered, of course, by Fassbender Mags being young, foolish, and not knowing any better. McAvoy Xavier was left a broken shell of a man as a direct result of what young Mags did, and by extension, what he did not do. That is why they needed Magneto, to do the things he failed to do the first time around.

Devil-In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #286
Sun_Down
Groovy
 
Sun_Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,965
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah; my assumption is that Charles eventually came out of his brooding shell at some point in the original timeline. However, the big difference here (in my honest opinion) is that he didn't learn the important lesson that he did from the events that occurred in "DOFP".

If we take what we saw in the beginning of "X3" into account, we'll see that Charles had no problem with controlling Jean (to some extent) due to her high power levels, which he thought was the lesser of two evils.

However, it's because of this that ultimately led to Jean going bonkers when she awoke from her slumber in X3.

In "DOFP", we see Charles learning that he should no longer attempt to "control" Raven and put faith in her own judgment, and thus I'm assuming that from learning this experience, he was able to avoid making the same mistake with Jean like he originally did and thus why Jean and Cyclops are still alive.


I like that they didn't beat us over the head with the Mystique-Jean comparison, but you've summed it up perfectly.

My theory - which is pure speculation - is that in the altered 2023 the Phoenix force is still bubbling beneath the surface and/or it has reared its head but was controlled, at least for a time. The reason for my theory? Jean's hair is that unnatural shade of bright red we saw in X3 (hey, I said it was speculative!). That, and I believe that Beast's theory of immutable time is correct, at least for the most part. You can change some things about the future, but certain things are simply meant to happen. Charles still forms the X-Men, still recruits the same group of people. Scott and Jean still find each other. And so forth.

__________________
Itís the greatest gift we have - to bear their pain without breaking. And itís born from the most human power: hope.
Sun_Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #287
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil-In View Post
Got a best friend? Brother? Sister? Husband/wife? A second half to yourself that you would not know how to tackle and cope with the world if they left you?

THAT is why they needed Magneto. Ian Magneto understood that part of their relationship, "You'll need me as well."

Sure, they are enemies, but their relationship runs deeper than that. It's beyond such limitations like words or labels, they don't keep fighting each other because each of them is co-dependent on the chaos/order the other provides. It's not a bromance. They are two halves of the same coin. They fight each other only out of a difference on how to tackle the same ideology.

Its the same reason the chess theme is such a strong one. Anyone that knows anything about chess knows you are not playing the pieces, you playing your opponent. They know how the other thinks, behaves, actions they will take and ultimately, they both know they need the other in order to be the best people they can.

"Are you sure about this, Charles?"
"I have faith in him. [Logan.]"
"No, I mean about us. We were young, foolish. We didn't know any better."
"We will now."

"All those years fighting each other Charles...what I wouldn't give for a few of them back."

They NEED each other. Seperate...well, look what happens. Together though, they become a force of nature. This is hampered, of course, by Fassbender Mags being young, foolish, and not knowing any better. McAvoy Xavier was left a broken shell of a man as a direct result of what young Mags did, and by extension, what he did not do. That is why they needed Magneto, to do the things he failed to do the first time around.
Superb response!

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #288
speno94
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 509
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Superb response!
I 100% agree! Best explanation I've read for their relationship in a while

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #289
Devil-In
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 67
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Well, that's what happens when we get a decent portrayal of characters, a life long comic nerd, and someone who, like Charles, has been left broken and angry at the world, with the right people to try to pull them from their personal Hell.

Just glad I got it right lol.

Devil-In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #290
MarvelU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,104
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Good explanation, and also Magneto was the one to stop Mystique from shooting in Paris, he removed the gun from her hands. It made it more easier for them in that critical moment that could have changed the future for good.


Last edited by MarvelU; 06-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.
MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #291
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Just read this really interesting article written by author Cat Valente (love her books). It brings up some really great points not just about DOFP but female characters within the whole Hollywood landscape.

It's pretty long but well worth the read.

http://catvalente.livejournal.com/687806.html

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #292
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil-In View Post
Got a best friend? Brother? Sister? Husband/wife? A second half to yourself that you would not know how to tackle and cope with the world if they left you?

THAT is why they needed Magneto. Ian Magneto understood that part of their relationship, "You'll need me as well."

Sure, they are enemies, but their relationship runs deeper than that. It's beyond such limitations like words or labels, they don't keep fighting each other because each of them is co-dependent on the chaos/order the other provides. It's not a bromance. They are two halves of the same coin. They fight each other only out of a difference on how to tackle the same ideology.

Its the same reason the chess theme is such a strong one. Anyone that knows anything about chess knows you are not playing the pieces, you playing your opponent. They know how the other thinks, behaves, actions they will take and ultimately, they both know they need the other in order to be the best people they can.

"Are you sure about this, Charles?"
"I have faith in him. [Logan.]"
"No, I mean about us. We were young, foolish. We didn't know any better."
"We will now."

"All those years fighting each other Charles...what I wouldn't give for a few of them back."

They NEED each other. Seperate...well, look what happens. Together though, they become a force of nature. This is hampered, of course, by Fassbender Mags being young, foolish, and not knowing any better. McAvoy Xavier was left a broken shell of a man as a direct result of what young Mags did, and by extension, what he did not do. That is why they needed Magneto, to do the things he failed to do the first time around.
Beautiful post. I kinda wish that the movie was actually about that.

Except that they wanted to a) hinge everything on Mystique's actions and b) have someone stuff up the mission and be a villain in the third act.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #293
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,245
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

The more I think about the story, the more I wonder
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
why Xavier and Logan really needed Mystique help in stopping Mystique from killing Trank. Xavier could've mind-controlled Mystique from firing that ballet, much like the way he controlled Magneto in lifting that heavy column away from his body in the last act. Mystique does not have that special helmet to block Xavier's psychic ability, so she will be susceptible to his power.


Thoughts?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #294
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Xavier didn't have his power

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #295
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,213
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

At the time he didnt have his powers so I guess thats why they thought they needed him. It was only after Magneto went off that he found the will to overcome his addiction.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #296
Blackout
X-Man
 
Blackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 419
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The more I think about the story, the more I wonder
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
why Xavier and Logan really needed Mystique help in stopping Mystique from killing Trank. Xavier could've mind-controlled Mystique from firing that ballet, much like the way he controlled Magneto in lifting that heavy column away from his body in the last act. Mystique does not have that special helmet to block Xavier's psychic ability, so she will be susceptible to his power.


Thoughts?
Because stopping her once forcefully won't stop her from trying to doing it again since Xavier won't control her forever. In the movie, she stopped herself, which means that she gave up the idea of killing Trask for good.

Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #297
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Boo, I hate how quiet it's become around here already

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #298
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs
 
Tehmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

I'm just hitting F5 in a fetal position until the blu-ray arrives.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #299
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 68,062
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Do we even have a date for that release yet?

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #300
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,213
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Boo, I hate how quiet it's become around here already
Summer time man, time to go out and party!!!! World cup, women in bikini's, BBQ's and Alcohol to be consumed, need to get of the boards and out there and then come back when we have something new to go on!!!

But for now P-A-R-T-Y? Cause I gotta

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.