The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread

I figured that since he had his own thread for "Man of Steel", that he should have one for this film as well.

Whether you love him or hate him as a Director, Zack Snyder has pretty much imprinted his name within the history books when it comes to comic book genre films.

To be the first Director that would have successfully and completely directed two Superman-related films, and to be the first one that will be responsible for not only bringing Wonder Woman to the big screen for the first time in cinema history... but to also be the one responsible for bringing both Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman onto the same live action film for the first time in cinema history.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
HUMANIMAL

yeah they keep going..they hire new people when a movie bombs no matter what

ah thread manager!!! cant quote anymore...

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 04-28-2014 at 02:11 PM.
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
If you want that you're going to have to buy DC from WB and build it. But in the grand scheme of the larger machine, and unless disgruntled DC fans somehow get a lot of people NOT to spend money on anything DC related, get people (comic fans or not) NOT to see the movies.....then DC is filling in its niche just fine.
Of a potentially guaranteed billion dollar(ish) movie(s) every single year for over a decade?

Maybe need is too strong a word. But really, really, really ****ing want works haha.

Any studio would.

I ain't talking as a fan of comics. I'm putting myself in the position of a greedy studio exec.

Marvel in 2013 made nearly 2 billion off of two movies. You telling me WB don't want a piece of that pie? Doesn't matter what else they go going on. 2 billion dollars is 2 billion dollars.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
If you want that you're going to have to buy DC from WB and build it. But in the grand scheme of the larger machine, and unless disgruntled DC fans somehow get a lot of people NOT to spend money on anything DC related, get people (comic fans or not) NOT to see the movies.....then DC is filling in its niche just fine.
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL
I'm talking franchises. WB NEEDS a go to franchise like a Potter. A franchise that has pretty much unlimited potential for sequels, spin offs, team ups etc. The DCCU fits that need.

If successful, it's a licence to print money for over a decade basically.

????originally posted by humanimal..i didn't wrote this...

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 04-28-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
HUMANIMAL

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

ah i see;-)

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
But again...NOTHING is guaranteed. And as an entity solely dedicated to one genre of film and only several films per year, you have more to risk and more to lose without the magnitude of absorbing a loss like WB....who can also put less risk into more variety of product.
Of course nothing is guaranteed. It's all a risk. It's basically investing for more money.

But when you could outlay 500 million dollars and there is a chance you can take 1.5 billion dollars (adding IM3 and Thor 2s production budgets together and estimating marketing costs etc) that is a risk i'd take if i was WB. 500 million is pocket change for them if they are as successful as we are led to believe.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Bottom line is they can do whatever they want, they're WB studios not DC studios. They're not like Marvel studios who obviously only make comic films. They're WB they have a wide range of genres. I guess some people don't grasp that. They're not just limited to do DC comic films.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
But...they...have...a...lot...of...other...kinds.. ..of....movies...to....make. And unlike comic fans, their trustees and money people aren't looking to corner a specific genre. They're more interested in maintaining an M.O. that has kept their studio in the #1 overall slot each year. They're fine keeping it a department store, rather than opening up boutiques....that's how they want it. And honestly, if that's not how one wants it, then no-one really is in any place criticize their game plan....because it's working like gangbusters.

If one really was looking at this from a business perspective solely...you'd applaud WB for being able to diversify the way they have. But only when one is motivated solely by comic-fan jealousy, etc. do they somehow claim that they're 'dragging behind' in anything.
I wish I could make this whole post my sig. This...completely.

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
HUMANIMAL

dc studios...make that happen then

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

when will people realize WB operates differently than Marvel Studios?

DFB-GER 2014 + FCB #31/10 + Scuderia Ferrari + Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad 2016

snpklsdmbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
when will people realize WB operates differently than Marvel Studios?
They don't want to realize that, because they need something to complain about. If they had nothing to complain about they'd have no reason to live haha. Some people, I swear.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
dc studios...make that happen then
Never going to unless someone paid WB an obscene amount of money to take it off their hands. But, considering how important the brand of Batman and Superman has been to WB's history...yeah, never going to happen.

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
HUMANIMAL

let them have their own people, overshadowed by wb. just how disney does with marvel...oh wait..they won't give them that much free space wouldn't they?

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Never going to unless someone paid WB an obscene amount of money to take it off their hands. But, considering how important the brand of Batman and Superman has been to WB's history...yeah, never going to happen.
Just consider how many years WB fought the Court case to get all the rights for Superman character... which shows how much likelihood there is about them selling their entire DC property, yeah good luck to those who really want to buy DC.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 04-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #16
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

during the Harry Potter/LOTR years where WB is ruling (and they still are and will still continue with spin offs) the fans of other book-movies are not complaining that the studios making the adaptations are slow, other studios just keeps on making viable series they can turn into a franchise even until now.

in the comicbook world on the other hand...

DFB-GER 2014 + FCB #31/10 + Scuderia Ferrari + Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad 2016

snpklsdmbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
HUMANIMAL

let me win the lottery..hmmm guess i won't spend it at dc anyway ...even if i'am a big batman fan.

i'd produce some small indie movies myself..

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

People don't realize that WB is the highest earning studio for many years, they are also the biggest TV production company, they don't have to follow Marvel model to get money.

As far as DC is concerned, they are the second largest comic book publisher with many of their titles selling in top ten, they are more successful with video games and DTV animated movies, so what ever they are doing is enough for them.

Apart from, this WB is starting a new shared DC Universe, if BvS and JL movies can earn a billion dollars each, where is the need to follow Marvel Studios blueprint ?

Only a select few fanboys want them to follow the Marvel way, which is not the only way to make comic book movies.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #19
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
People don't realize that WB is the highest earning studio for many years, they are also the biggest TV production company, they don't have to follow Marvel model to get money.

As far as DC is concerned, they are the second largest comic book publisher with many of their titles selling in top ten, they are more successful with video games and DTV animated movies, so what ever they are doing is enough for them.

Apart from, this WB is starting a new shared DC Universe, if BvS and JL movies can earn a billion dollars each, where is the need to follow Marvel Studios blueprint ?

Only a select few fanboys want them to follow the Marvel way, which is not the only way to make comic book movies.
totally right...let's see if they find an own way to bring comic books to life and please the fans with it.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #20
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
You'd need more than the lottery, son.
it'll suffice for some indie movies

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 04-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #21
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Before MoS, Cavill talks Superman/Batman crossover:
Quote:
Quote:
So – how do you get to that stage? I think a ‘Batman/Superman’ movie would be great because it brings that world together. Whether they’re going to let that happen, I don’t know. But a sequel to continue ['Man of Steel'] would certainly be amazing…and maybe start introducing some other things. Every single one of those…[which comes] next? I don’t know.”
http://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-j...n-man-steel-2/

Here, it shows discussions even BEFORE MoS have takin' place about following Man of Steel up with a Batman crossover and/or sequel to Man of Steel itself to introduce other characters through a MoS sequel, which is exactly what happened.

Then, this Zack Snyder interview promoting Man of Steel before theaters regarding a DCU (6:00- 6:34)

Quote:
"..just like you top down Superman, then you sort of have to top down the rest of the DC characters. Not to say they need their own movies or anything per-say like the Marvel model, which I'm also not ruling out, but I do think there's an opportunity to start to think how you might introduce other DC characters, whether that's a Justice League movie or if that's a way of expanding Superman's universe..that's the next conversation for me.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExT5rqFqef0

It's all there, way before MoS hit theaters, you just got to read between the lines and look in the right spots. I don't think Batman is forced into it at all. I think this is what they set out to do in the first place and all they did was commit to it and actually DO it. Good job, WB/DC.
It's in our faces and only now are we really starting to notice it.

Edit: Responding to Tra-El's post form the from the previous thread.

TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #22
EssayM
Just A Guy

I don't hate Zack Snyder, but I'm kind of perplexed that he and Goyer (and Nolan, I guess) seem to be becoming DC's answer to Joss Whedon/Kevin Feige. I just don't think Snyder is great enough to deserve that much creative control.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #23
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
I don't hate Zack Snyder, but I'm kind of perplexed that he and Goyer (and Nolan, I guess) seem to be becoming DC's answer to Joss Whedon/Kevin Feige. I just don't think Snyder is great enough to deserve that much creative control.
they're going with what they know. and what they know isn't much. MoS made a lot of money and goyer has the nolan stink on him. that's all that matters to them. looking for other talent doesn't seem like heavy lifting to me, but i think they're just afraid of another gl so they just don't bother, even though it was probably because of studio meddling that gl bombed in the first place.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #24
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post

I don't see how one duo is better than the other...they both have created some great superhero fun, that has brought in some serious $$. Who do you think would be better to do it that has been proven to accomplish what these guys have?

Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #25
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

I'm concerned. Usually there is a burn-out when they try and plow through big films like this. The third 'Pirates of the Caribbean' comes to mind. It's why Nolan liked to take breaks. I'd like to see WB/DC add other directors to the development of their cinematic universe such as Neill Blomkamp and Joseph Kosinski.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote