The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #301
Nicky
Banned User

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelis Shae View Post
If that's the portrayal we're talking about, then she could smile and bite her lip all she wants...because that's not WW.

Did I say swimsuit? I was referring to her pose. the costume is a given. Her beauty and natural appeal is a given. What makes you think the way WW is written caters to the male fantasy? Her costume maybe, but please can you give examples of how WW as a character 'caters to the male fantasy'?

Yes, and I'm referring to her swim suit that makes her look practically naked - that's where the "sex appeal" comes in. The fact that all the men in this thread can talk about is how beautiful and sexy Gadot is as if she's a piece of meat and yet say nothing about her ability is because there is no "ability" to go on. Girlfriend can't act.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #302
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Yes, and I'm referring to her swim suit that makes her look practically naked
Nothing you wouldn't see at any swimming pool or beach anywhere.

Quote:
Girlfriend can't act.
I'll take your word for it, oh omniscient one.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #303
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
Let's say that she hasn't ( if you have seen only her fast and furious performance; She is ok in it imo ) the fact that John Hillcoat choose her say something about her potential no?
We don't know what role she'll be playing in the movie so it's hard to say. I'm actually hoping that she has a meaty role so I can get a sense of her acting ability.

Trust me, I want to be wrong about her ability. I want Gadot to completely blow me away and knock it out of the park...but from the roles I have seen her in...eeesh.....

Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #304
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Yup. At the end of the day, we will not know untill we have seen the movie.

The fact is i was not excited about her casting. I am now. She could be bad, or average, but i believe in her. (and certainly not because of her good looks ) i believe that she has the qualities for a interpretation of the character. Some don't believe in it (based on fast and furious. A franchise where no actors is really that good imo. ) that's fine. We will see.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #305
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
We don't know what role she'll be playing in the movie so it's hard to say. I'm actually hoping that she has a meaty role so I can get a sense of her acting ability.

Trust me, I want to be wrong about her ability. I want Gadot to completely blow me away and knock it out of the park...but from the roles I have seen her in...eeesh.....
potential as an actress. You said that she has not proven to be one. For some well respected director apparently she has.(not saying that he can't be wrong... OR that you have the same tastes that he has...now from the soap role i've seen her play, she is a good actress imo) That doesn't mean that she will be good as wonder woman yup. Hoping.

Last edited by Maze; 06-09-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #306
zryson
Side-Kick

When it comes to the new movie, it would be v. cool to see a couple of frames of the island Themyscira. Maybe show the lush beaches, some of the buildings.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #307
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

I will later in the day

Old 06-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #308
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
I will later in the day
I look forward to it. I really do.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #309
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here's one.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #310
theShape
Creature of Darkness

I love when someone says Gal Gadot can't act or will not be a good Wonder Woman. Those are such misplaced, declarative statements that you can't help but chuckle at them. It's as if people think casting directors are just big doofuses who don't know what they're doing, or that Zack Snyder picked her simply because she's hot.

Meanwhile, the more logical/reasonable people understand that she obviously screen-tested for the role (probably multiple times) and the filmmakers saw something in her that made them believe she could pull it off. Does anyone really think the casting decision of the first on-film Wonder Woman was taken lightly and that no thought was put into it? Also, is it unheard of for a relative newcomer to impress audiences and critics alike?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #311
MrsKent26
Whatever.

A couple of comments about topics in here:

WW has been written as and treated like a sex object in comics before, so Nicky has a point there. Luckily, the other main stream CBMs are moving away from crap like that. The women in MOS weren't highly sexualized, so that at least gives me hope that WW won't be.

In terms of how Gadot acts when not working, she can do whatever she feels like. I find her little kissy faces or finger biting annoying. I got flamed for daring to say that before. I think people even suggested I was questioning her parenting ability and right to just have fun. I'm not. I just find those faces annoying and "twinky." I don't want her to do that as WW and I have no reason to assume that she will.

As for the smiling, I absolutely hope she does that as WW. There's nothing inherently sexual about a smile. Sure, they could make it suggestive, but they don't have to. She could just be...happy. Imagine if WW didn't smile. People would go on about how "grimdark" she was thanks to Snyder (and probably Nolan even though he's not involved...we all know he came up with this whole being serious thing).

Gal has a lovely smile and the smiling pics of her are my favorite. Bring on a smiling WW!

\S/T*
Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #312
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

I just hope they don't portray her character like they did in "Justice League: War" where she doesn't know anything about American customs and has a one track warrior queen mentality. I thought that was pretty dumb. I hope they make her more intelligent and complex than that. I don't mind them making her sound like a warrior god at points but I hope they don't make her vocabulary too much like an old fashioned Greek Queen like Leana Headley from 300 or as they did in War. I hope they give her a nice balance of modern American but enough of the Themyscira warrior queen type verbatim to make her different from the rest of the cast.

I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan so maybe that's not what fans want to see but I think they should modernize her characters vocabulary. Not go too far with it, where she sounds like a foreign valley girl or anything but not strictly like a character from 300 either. I hope they find a good balance.

Last edited by DOBSON10; 06-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #313
regwec
Shakespearo

I think she can be intelligent and complex without knowing much about American customs. People all over the world achieve this everyday. It could in fact lend some gentle humour to the movie.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #314
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I do not want to have to come in here again and delete pages of posts, so.....

Stick to a conversation about this actress AS WONDER WOMAN.

Remember that both male and female post on this board, keep it respectful.

STOP with the namecalling, and stop with the posts about other posters....keep it to the topic only.

DO NOT reply to this post, get back to the discussion of this actress as WONDER WOMAN, nothing else.

Heed this warning, infractions are now being given....

Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #315
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
I just hope they don't portray her character like they did in "Justice League: War" where she doesn't know anything about American customs and has a one track warrior queen mentality. I thought that was pretty dumb. I hope they make her more intelligent and complex than that. I don't mind them making her sound like a warrior god at points but I hope they don't make her vocabulary too much like an old fashioned Greek Queen like Leana Headley from 300 or as they did in War. I hope they give her a nice balance of modern American but enough of the Themyscira warrior queen type verbatim to make her different from the rest of the cast.

I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan so maybe that's not what fans want to see but I think they should modernize her characters vocabulary. Not go too far with it, where she sounds like a foreign valley girl or anything but not strictly like a character from 300 either. I hope they find a good balance.
I love Diana - so to see her finally on the big screen, for me (like millions of other fans) is a dream come true. Its why I think Gadot should be given the chance, lets see what she can do!

Old 06-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #316
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
A couple of comments about topics in here: WW has been written as and treated like a sex object in comics before, so Nicky has a point there. Luckily, the other main stream CBMs are moving away from crap like that. The women in MOS weren't highly sexualized, so that at least gives me hope that WW won't be.
Yeah, that's the hope I have for the direction - Faora and Lois I thought were great so I hope WW is as good if not better.

Quote:
In terms of how Gadot acts when not working, she can do whatever she feels like. I find her little kissy faces or finger biting annoying. I got flamed for daring to say that before. I think people even suggested I was questioning her parenting ability and right to just have fun. I'm not. I just find those faces annoying and "twinky." I don't want her to do that as WW and I have no reason to assume that she will.
I've said it before but I think it bears repeating: my original post was in no way shape or form in reference to how she acts in her personal life lol. Some folk here assumed it was for some reason. She's a grown independent woman who can do whatever she likes. I was strictly referring to her persona in 'Fast and Furious', 'Date Night' and 'Knight and Day' - all of which she had to play up the seductress role.

Quote:
As for the smiling, I absolutely hope she does that as WW. There's nothing inherently sexual about a smile. Sure, they could make it suggestive, but they don't have to. She could just be...happy. Imagine if WW didn't smile. People would go on about how "grimdark" she was thanks to Snyder (and probably Nolan even though he's not involved...we all know he came up with this whole being serious thing).
Oh I agree completely but for some reason when Gal Gadot smiles in those movies it comes across as flirting maybe it's because it's often accompanied with bedroom eyes and a low seductive voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I think she can be intelligent and complex without knowing much about American customs. People all over the world achieve this everyday. It could in fact lend some gentle humour to the movie.
Agree. There's an opportunity there for some hilarious and awkward situations. The fish out of water persona can be something that distinguishes her from Bruce and Clark. I wouldn't be surprised if Clark and Bruce thought she was a little bit crazy lol

Old 06-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #317
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

I have a feeling she won't be depicted as naive in this movie. She may in fact be familiar to America since WWII. I think it would be very interesting if this was the case. They could make her alittle in awe of the progress the US has made since her return to the Island.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #318
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
They could make her alittle in awe of the progress the US has made since her return to the Island.
Do you think she will think it has been all good news? Don't want to start a political discussion, but it is an interesting thought.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #319
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Do you think she will think it has been all good news? Don't want to start a political discussion, but it is an interesting thought.
If they actually dare to "go there," I reckon she wouldn't be pleased with all of it.

\S/T*
Old 06-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #320
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
It would be interesting if she came back and was disappointed in some of what had proceeded after she left for home in the 40's. Something like Captain America in that scene in Avengers. "We won the war but they didn't tell me what we lost since" or something along those lines. Do you think it's a possibility?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #321
regwec
Shakespearo

I doubt a huge summer tent pole would want to risk much introspection. American audiences may find it unpalatable coming from a pretty young lady with a distinctly foreign accent, anyway.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #322
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
This may be a dumb question, but it came up recently on AMC Movie Talk. What are the chances that BvS would move back to a 2015 release date? I mean they will most likely move off their current date in 2016 due to Cap3 IMO, but 2015 may be a pipe dream, right?
Why not ask it in a thread more suited for it...like this one here - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=480769

Old 06-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #323
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Why not ask it in a thread more suited for it...like this one here - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=480769
My mistake - forgot which thread I was in. I'll take it there, thanks

Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #324
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I love when someone says Gal Gadot can't act or will not be a good Wonder Woman. Those are such misplaced, declarative statements that you can't help but chuckle at them. It's as if people think casting directors are just big doofuses who don't know what they're doing, or that Zack Snyder picked her simply because she's hot.

Meanwhile, the more logical/reasonable people understand that she obviously screen-tested for the role (probably multiple times) and the filmmakers saw something in her that made them believe she could pull it off. Does anyone really think the casting decision of the first on-film Wonder Woman was taken lightly and that no thought was put into it? Also, is it unheard of for a relative newcomer to impress audiences and critics alike?
Quoted for freakin' Truth! At this point, I accept the possibility anything could happen but I'm rooting for Gal. I'm tired of all the complaints and even people inserting the same repeated doubts and negative insinuations in their predictions. And I, for one, saw that she had presence in those FF movies and with what she was given, she did great. Now she's being given a script written by an Oscar-winning screenwriter. I expect great things!

Old 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #325
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
My mistake - forgot which thread I was in. I'll take it there, thanks
Conform or die

Closed Thread