The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #101
TheNextNolan22
**** THIS COMPANY
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 29,261
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Who the hell is John Campea?

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #102
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 32,639
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Who the hell is John Campea?
Doubled? Who is that guy and why should I care?

__________________
Richard Armitage for Darkseid!
Lobo is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #103
TheNextNolan22
**** THIS COMPANY
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 29,261
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Is he like an internet god? He seems to be popular around these parts, especially in this thread.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #104
Nicky
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Who the hell is John Campea?
He's a "YouTube Star". He started The Movie Blog way back in 2005. The blog got a lot of traction and provided him with many opportunities, one of which was AMC Theatres who hired Campea as their news editor a couple of years ago.

AMC has a daily live show on YouTube called AMC Movie Talk where they talk about all the latest news as well as take in viewer questions. John Campea is a big comic book guy and AMC's audience is mainly made up of comic book fans so a lot of the discussion revolves around that. Campea has been very vocal about his hatred of the Gal Gadot casting and slags off the woman any chance he can get. His Gal Gadot rants are extremely funny but at times come cross as psychotic.

I do hope he doesn't interview her when the movie comes out - poor girl is gonna need security.

Nicky is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #105
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick
 
Dispatch Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 746
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
He's a "YouTube Star". He started The Movie Blog way back in 2005. The blog got a lot of traction and provided him with many opportunities, one of which was AMC Theatres who hired Campea as their news editor a couple of years ago.

AMC has a daily live show on YouTube called AMC Movie Talk where they talk about all the latest news as well as take in viewer questions. John Campea is a big comic book guy and AMC's audience is mainly made up of comic book fans so a lot of the discussion revolves around that. Campea has been very vocal about his hatred of the Gal Gadot casting and slags off the woman any chance he can get. His Gal Gadot rants are extremely funny but at times come cross as psychotic.

I do hope he doesn't interview her when the movie comes out - poor girl is gonna need security.

__________________
"Love keeps the stars in the firmament and imposes rhythm on the ocean tides."
Dispatch Ninja is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #106
lanesrader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 288
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
He's a "YouTube Star". He started The Movie Blog way back in 2005. The blog got a lot of traction and provided him with many opportunities, one of which was AMC Theatres who hired Campea as their news editor a couple of years ago.

AMC has a daily live show on YouTube called AMC Movie Talk where they talk about all the latest news as well as take in viewer questions. John Campea is a big comic book guy and AMC's audience is mainly made up of comic book fans so a lot of the discussion revolves around that. Campea has been very vocal about his hatred of the Gal Gadot casting and slags off the woman any chance he can get. His Gal Gadot rants are extremely funny but at times come cross as psychotic.

I do hope he doesn't interview her when the movie comes out - poor girl is gonna need security.
I kind of hope she does interview with him. He'll probably kiss ass when she's right in front of him.

lanesrader is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #107
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 265
Cs Funny Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Who the hell is John Campea?
Q.F.T.

Mr Campea should thank Gal Gadot, I never heard of him until I read the posts about his hatred of her

anonomissx is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #108
I Am The Knight
World's Finest
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DCAU
Posts: 12,293
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

John Campea, ruler of the WW fanboys.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #109
Blackbat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 152
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanesrader View Post
I kind of hope she does interview with him. He'll probably kiss ass when she's right in front of him.
Here is the thing, John Campea was supporting another actress and pushing her and hyping her for the role in AMC really hard, when her last movie ( a superhero movie) came her went crazy on his push doing QA and even interviewes all was just a big free campaign from him to that actress to get the role.

then very late last year he even said he got insider news (from her) that she got the role. but the fact is that actress didn't get the role(and wasn't even the three actress WB pick), Gadot does and he started his insults.

(you can read this in more details if you google Campea, wonder woman and Gal daot)

so to go to the point he will not kiss butt, he is a fanboy of another actress.

Blackbat is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #110
Nicky
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
Here is the thing, John Campea was supporting another actress and pushing her and hyping her for the role in AMC really hard, when her last movie ( a superhero movie) came her went crazy on his push doing QA and even interviewes all was just a big free campaign from him to that actress to get the role.

then very late last year he even said he got insider news (from her) that she got the role. but the fact is that actress didn't get the role(and wasn't even the three actress WB pick), Gadot does and he started his insults.
As I recall Jamie Alexander (is there some inside joke I'm missing in regards to avoiding her name? lol) said she "had some conversations with WB". It's unclear as to whether she auditioned for the role but she definitely read the script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxjiFMNC9o

So I really don't think this has anything to do with Jamie Alexander but all to do with the fact that he simply doesn't rate Gadot as an actress.

Nicky is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #111
Blackbat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 152
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
As I recall Jamie Alexander (is there some inside joke I'm missing in regards to avoiding her name? lol) said she "had some conversations with WB". It's unclear as to whether she auditioned for the role but she definitely read the script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxjiFMNC9o

So I really don't think this has anything to do with Jamie Alexander but all to do with the fact that he simply doesn't rate Gadot as an actress.
I always avoid putting her name in this thread because it WILL derail this thread (really, every time someone write her name we get billion posts on her and how she should be WW instead of anyone else on this planet)

Anyway Campea said she got the role, not just talking and was hyping her to the moon.

here is also an interesting read as well on this "situation"
http://obnoxiousandanonymous.wordpre...omment-page-1/

There is reasons why he act like this toward Gal Gadot and it is not just because she is a model.

Blackbat is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #112
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
Here is the thing, John Campea was supporting another actress and pushing her and hyping her for the role in AMC really hard, when her last movie ( a superhero movie) came her went crazy on his push doing QA and even interviewes all was just a big free campaign from him to that actress to get the role.

then very late last year he even said he got insider news (from her) that she got the role. but the fact is that actress didn't get the role(and wasn't even the three actress WB pick), Gadot does and he started his insults.

(you can read this in more details if you google Campea, wonder woman and Gal daot)

so to go to the point he will not kiss butt, he is a fanboy of another actress.
I think the reason so many people have doubts about Gadot as Wonder Woman is that she has been underwhelming as an actress to date. I think people just really want the role of Wonder Woman to be amazing and they fear with Gadot it wont be.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #113
Blackbat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 152
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I think the reason so many people have doubts about Gadot as Wonder Woman is that she has been underwhelming as an actress to date. I think people just really want the role of Wonder Woman to be amazing and they fear with Gadot it wont be.
ofcourse, many including me are worried because we don't know her acting ability. it is legit thing to worry about. John Campea is not in that team tho, he flat out insults her everytime someone mention BvS, look at AMC episodes on BvS even the episode about Cyborg news or the Batsuit her brought Gal gadot to make fun of her.

if Campea was let wait to see her acting and judge then it'll be ok, he already calling her "worst casting in Hollywood history" he already make her a running joke in AMC show and he even refuse the idea that she might did well in audition (he refuse the idea itself)

I for one worried about her acting and shape, but to isnults her without reason everytime BvS news comes on a big show that host many professional hollywood guys and all is childish and very unnecessary.

Blackbat is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #114
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
ofcourse, many including me are worried because we don't know her acting ability. it is legit thing to worry about. John Campea is not in that team tho, he flat out insults her everytime someone mention BvS, look at AMC episodes on BvS even the episode about Cyborg news or the Batsuit her brought Gal gadot to make fun of her.

if Campea was let wait to see her acting and judge then it'll be ok, he already calling her "worst casting in Hollywood history" he already make her a running joke in AMC show and he even refuse the idea that she might did well in audition (he refuse the idea itself)

I for one worried about her acting and shape, but to isnults her without reason everytime BvS news comes on a big show that host many professional hollywood guys and all is childish and very unnecessary.
Any time a prominent and popular superhero comes to the big screen, many people have fears. It reminds me of Batman (89). Many people held doubts about Keaton as Batman. As for criticism, its just part of being in the public eye.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #115
Nicky
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
I always avoid putting her name in this thread because it WILL derail this thread (really, every time someone write her name we get billion posts on her and how she should be WW instead of anyone else on this planet)
Ah, thought so.

Quote:
Anyway Campea said she got the role, not just talking and was hyping her to the moon.

here is also an interesting read as well on this "situation"
http://obnoxiousandanonymous.wordpre...omment-page-1/

There is reasons why he act like this toward Gal Gadot and it is not just because she is a model.
Wow, you linked Obnoxious and Anonymous? That site is absolute trash. The editor frequently makes 2 hour videos on YouTube dedicated to how much he hates John Campea and AMC and even invites similar crazy people who talk about how much they hate AMC. He is obsessed with John Campea and has a disdain for any AMC fans.

His hatred of Campea blinds him to everything and most of it is lies anyway. He is the worst person to consult on this subject matter.

Nicky is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #116
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

C. Lee, where you at when this thread needs you. This thread is not about gal gadot and the posts about John campea needs
to be deleted. It's about John campea.

sup101 is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #117
Blackbat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 152
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

@Nicky. one have super hatred for Gal gadot and the other one have super hatred for the one have super hatred for Gal Gadot. I think it is fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
C. Lee, where you at when this thread needs you. This thread is not about gal gadot and the posts about John campea needs
to be deleted. It's about John campea.
Campea was talking about Gal gadot been miscast/bad

so we are discussion the entire situation related to Gal Gadot role as wonder woman and a youtube show saying she is bad for the role. I think this is a legit thing to have and talk about in Gal Gadot is wonder woman thread.

unless you just want us to post gifs and photos of her.

Blackbat is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #118
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 188
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

I've interacted with John Campea several times over the years(ever since themovieblog.com days) and he's actually a pretty cool guy. I disagree with him on quite a few things, but for the most part, he's cool. Having said that, his rants about Gal Gadot have been nothing short of disgusting and every single one of them has made him look like a giant ass.

He has admitted he was wrong in the past though. If Gal Gadot does a good job, I still think he'll admit he was wrong about her. I hope so anyway...

DarthMuppet is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #119
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 32,639
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

OK Gal Gadot is not this Campea schmo

Blowing a kiss to her fans


And just a beautiful face shot

__________________
Richard Armitage for Darkseid!
Lobo is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #120
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 459
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

The only reason I know about Campea is because of Gadot. Even leaving out his Gadot hate, I wasn't impressed with him and won't be watching any of his "reviews." What a dweeb.

As for those who say Gal's acting hasn't been up to par, that's just an opinion. My opinion? I've seen her FF scenes and she was perfectly fine. They didn't give her a lot to work with, certainly not Shakespeare, but she pulled it off. And she def had presence. Now she's working with A-List actors and the BvS script has been revised by an Oscar-winning screenwriter.

More reasons exist to remain optimistic about BvS than pessimistic.

Magic Man is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #121
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,543
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

What really annoys me about him is his constant referencing of "the Gal Gadot situation". Dude is the only one really trying to make a situation of it. Even on these boards, among the detractors, no one is really making a "situation" of it. He's really the only one.

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #122
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,020
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
The only reason I know about Campea is because of Gadot. Even leaving out his Gadot hate, I wasn't impressed with him and won't be watching any of his "reviews." What a dweeb.

As for those who say Gal's acting hasn't been up to par, that's just an opinion. My opinion? I've seen her FF scenes and she was perfectly fine. They didn't give her a lot to work with, certainly not Shakespeare, but she pulled it off. And she def had presence. Now she's working with A-List actors and the BvS script has been revised by an Oscar-winning screenwriter.

More reasons exist to remain optimistic about BvS than pessimistic.
Pretty much my views on everything as well. Gal isn't the best actress nor the worst, but she's good & has potential to be better so I have confidence in her for BvS.

Some people are just going to be negative towards the situation & casting regardless of where the pendulum swings.

Hulk-1700 is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #123
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 459
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
Pretty much my views on everything as well. Gal isn't the best actress nor the worst, but she's good & has potential to be better so I have confidence in her for BvS.

Some people are just going to be negative towards the situation & casting regardless of where the pendulum swings.
Plus I was thrilled with the female performances in MOS, so for now I'm trusting that Snyder (and WB) saw something in Gadot's audition that def impressed. They know WW is a potential cash cow, the female superhero with the best chance to achieve solo mega-success in cinema, and would not give the role to just anybody. I expect a lot of WOWs and Boy-Was-I-Wrong from fanboys critical of Gadot after they see BvS for the first time.

Likewise, if my opinion in 2016 is she bombed, then I'll be honest. But that's two years away. I'd rather be sending positive energy to this project...than chronic ugly hatred.

Magic Man is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #124
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
The only reason I know about Campea is because of Gadot. Even leaving out his Gadot hate, I wasn't impressed with him and won't be watching any of his "reviews." What a dweeb.

As for those who say Gal's acting hasn't been up to par, that's just an opinion. My opinion? I've seen her FF scenes and she was perfectly fine. They didn't give her a lot to work with, certainly not Shakespeare, but she pulled it off. And she def had presence. Now she's working with A-List actors and the BvS script has been revised by an Oscar-winning screenwriter.

More reasons exist to remain optimistic about BvS than pessimistic.
I think her dramatic acting (sad, intimidating) leaves a lot to be desired (so far) but she has plenty of presence, and while she is accused of being wooden, I would argue that she tends to overact in the Fast movies.

With stronger material as well as the technical direction from Snyder, I think she will surprise us. I don't think she'll blow my mind, but she'll probably be fun to watch and engaging in her own right.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #125
Magic Man
Side-Kick
 
Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jetsetter
Posts: 459
Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I think her dramatic acting (sad, intimidating) leaves a lot to be desired (so far) but she has plenty of presence, and while she is accused of being wooden, I would argue that she tends to overact in the Fast movies.

With stronger material as well as the technical direction from Snyder, I think she will surprise us. I don't think she'll blow my mind, but she'll probably be fun to watch and engaging in her own right.
All your criticism is fair and it doesn't have a "damnation tone" to it that some fanboys use, so I can respect that all day long.

Your mind is open, which is all a creative team can really ask.

Magic Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.