The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 8

The traditional WW costume is impractical for the actor and stunt doubles to do intense action scenes.

Imagine all the scraps and bruises they would get wearing that.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #27
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The traditional WW costume is impractical for the actor and stunt doubles to do intense action scenes.

I've no problem discussing the practicality of its use. I'm just sick of reading the same people calling it gross/stupid/playboy/whore etc etc etc. broken record.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #28
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yeah, but I'm still hoping they don't use the skirt-over-pants look like Syf. I don't want to oversexualize WW's film debut, but showing a little leg never hurt anyone, no? Heck, now that I think of it, Wolverine mooned the entire audience in DOFP. LOL

Old 06-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
How many times to people have to dish the classic costume before it becomes trolling? We get it you don't like the costume do you have to repeat it every time someone posts an image. It's getting to the stage that both WW threads are no longer enjoyable unless people have the last word.
I hope you weren't talking about me. Actually, the classic swimsuit costume is iconic to the character and I support WW wearing it in at least one of her books (I'd have the main book revert to whatever costume is used in BvS and the upcoming Sensation book could use the swimsuit).

Btw, I don't hate the swimsuit, I just don't think it would go over well with the GA for a live-action film. Another thing is whatever look they go with, I do want the costume to scream: Bad@ss warrior!

Old 06-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #30
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Yeah, but I'm still hoping they don't use the skirt-over-pants look like Sif.
I'm not a fan of skirt over pants either. It seems wishy washy and redundant. I mean either go pants or go with a skirt... not both.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #31
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not a fan of skirt over pants either. It seems wishy washy and redundant. I mean either go pants or go with a skirt... not both.
Agreed.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #32
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon

Just saying...

Old 06-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #33
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I've no problem discussing the practicality of its use. I'm just sick of reading the same people calling it gross/stupid/playboy/whore etc etc etc. broken record.
People are allowed to voice their opinions as many times as they like. I'm tired of people giving lame excuses for why it should be used, but here we are. I never used the word "whore" either. I did say it was gross and I stand by that.

\S/T*

Last edited by MrsKent26; 06-07-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #34
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I've been a HUGE WW fan since the 70s and I couldn't agree with you more. It's amazing how much better (i.e. fierce) the classic costume looks with the battle skirt. It's no longer a swimsuit. Plus, the battle skirt pays homage to Marston's first WW design back in the 40's (apparently it's actually culottes he used, but it looks like a skirt)

After talking to my niece and her friends, I can promise older fans that teenagers and 20-somethings would laugh out loud at the swimsuit version. And WB alienating that demo would be very foolish, indeed.

p.s. Mrs Kent, your husband flew to my bedroom window last night, but out of respect for you I didn't let him in.
Yeah, it really looks better with a skirt. Although, every now and then someone posts a pants pic that looks good. See below...

And thanks for protecting his honor, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post
Just saying...

Cool. Did you make this manip? Well done.

\S/T*
Old 06-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #35
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I wonder what Gal is going to sound like. Will she sound like a strong intimidating woman?

Old 06-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #36
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yeah, it really looks better with a skirt. Although, every now and then someone posts a pants pic that looks good. See below...

And thanks for protecting his honor, lol.

Cool. Did you make this manip? Well done.
The pants in this pic are fine. Actually, they remind me of the darker pants--pants to be darkened, LOL--used in the dreaded DEK WW pilot.

Here's the thing about stars, though. Especially if they are the usual five-pointed stars (think US flag), they seem over-the-top. I like the stylized metal stars in some of the manips. It honors the original costume but updates it for modern audiences.

For what it's worth, I got a glorified google alert today from a low-rent clickbait site vowing the WW costume reveal will be Monday. Not holding my breath, not getting my hopes up. Still, a fanboy can dream!

Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #37
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:
Ah, let it go. Some people just find swimsuit-like outfit insulting if they're used anywhere but near water. It doesn't really change anything.

Insider's words that it's comic book accurate gives me hope we may get the classic outfit. If not, I hope it's inspired by 40s design.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #38
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
The pants in this pic are fine. Actually, they remind me of the darker pants--pants to be darkened, LOL--used in the dreaded DEK WW pilot.

Here's the thing about stars, though. Especially if they are the usual five-pointed stars (think US flag), they seem over-the-top. I like the stylized metal stars in some of the manips. It honors the original costume but updates it for modern audiences.

For what it's worth, I got a glorified google alert today from a low-rent clickbait site vowing the WW costume reveal will be Monday. Not holding my breath, not getting my hopes up. Still, a fanboy can dream!
I'm not sure what you mean by "stylized metal stars." Would you mind posting an example?

It would be nice if the reveal was Monday, but who knows anymore.

\S/T*
Old 06-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #39
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
I wonder what Gal is going to sound like. Will she sound like a strong intimidating woman?
I'm more concerned with her looking it. A strong voice without a strong presence would just look silly.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #40
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm more concerned with her looking it. A strong voice without a strong presence would just look silly.
I'm not worried about the look. She's beautiful and Zack Snyder does costumes and look very well.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #41
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
I'm not worried about the look. She's beautiful and Zack Snyder does costumes and look very well.
Beauty and strength are different. A costume can only do so much, the direction is far more important, though I'd agree Snyder has displayed competency in that regard.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #42
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

I quite like both of these.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #43
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I haven't had internet all day...now I do....I understand there are people acting bad in here....I highly suggest it stop now....after I read through today's activities we will see what happens if it is true.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #44
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
How many times to people have to dish the classic costume before it becomes trolling? We get it you don't like the costume do you have to repeat it every time someone posts an image. It's getting to the stage that both WW threads are no longer enjoyable unless people have the last word.
I don't know....eleventy seven x 22?

Let the staff be the judge of what is trolling and what isn't. We have more experience at it.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #45
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:

Haven't we heard that before about the WW costume reveal? It seems like there is a new rumor every other week that it will be "in a few days". At this point, I'll just ignore everything and be surprised when it does happen.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #46
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "stylized metal stars." Would you mind posting an example?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #47
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Meanwhile, this battle skirt uses the familiar five-pointed star (which I don't like as much as previous pic)

Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #48
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
In that case, I agree. I don't mind the other kind of star, but these ones are more interesting.

\S/T*
Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #49
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
Haven't we heard that before about the WW costume reveal? It seems like there is a new rumor every other week that it will be "in a few days". At this point, I'll just ignore everything and be surprised when it does happen.
I hear you. I guess the only reason I hold out any hope for this Monday is because of that cryptic tweet by WB Tours touting some sort of reveal happening in a few days. And in the pic was three Kryptonian suits but apparently the reveal would not be SM. It could be anything. Probably WB yanking our collective chain. LOL

Old 06-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #50
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
In that case, I agree. I don't mind the other kind of star, but these ones are more interesting.
Yes, did you see the pic I posted next of the battle skirt with the white five-pointed stars? To me, that just looks cheap and not nearly as cool. The stylized metallic stars scream fierce warrior, IMO.

Closed Thread