The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
sportjames23
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaGraham View Post
To me Superman is not impossible to manipulate, the one great thing about him is his faith in others but that is also a weakness of his. The man boarded a space ship when he was told if he did, nothing would happen to the people of earth and look at how that turned out. I know what i'm saying might not be popular with Superman fans but i think Batman will be the one to have the profound impact on Superman and not the other way round.
Superman is not a fool, nor is he, contrary to what many fans believe, naive. Superman, in the moive, even told General Swanwick that he'd work with them, but on HIS terms, not theirs.

I wish we could permanently get rid of the Frank Millerization of Superman (and Batman) from people's minds. Superman, in continuity, has NEVER been a government stooge. He'd never compromise his beliefs for any government.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 AM   #4
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

One day I'd like to see the Superman from All Star. Yes, he's super OP but it was awesome seeing him in such a light.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #5
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23 View Post
Superman is not a fool, nor is he, contrary to what many fans believe, naive. Superman, in the moive, even told General Swanwick that he'd work with them, but on HIS terms, not theirs.

I wish we could permanently get rid of the Frank Millerization of Superman (and Batman) from people's minds. Superman, in continuity, has NEVER been a government stooge. He'd never compromise his beliefs for any government.
but but truth ,justice and the American way.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

^^ Is it just me or is Superman going to nuke the Axis powers with his Superdick?

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #7
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboMan View Post
^^ Is it just me or is Superman going to nuke the Axis powers with his Superdick?
or how I learned to stop worrying and love my phallic shaped instrument of destruction.

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-10-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
LamboMan
Side-Kick

^^ Yeah, you're right, lol.

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #9
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
but but truth ,justice and the American way.

So, Superman DOES kill! And on a grand scale at that! Not sure why people were so up in arms about the whole Zod thing in MoS...I'm not trolling - totally serious.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #10
Tobias
Side-Kick

One interesting scenario I read from someone who thinks the statue is a memorial is based on the recent international business time script reveal (rumor of course).

It has Superman dying at the end of the film w/ Batman not able to save him.

This would lead into JL 1 where with Superman gone and threats out there from Luthor Batman formally organizes the JL. They are sticking to the new 52 supposedly and Batman is the founder in that canon.

So JL is sort of the interlude funeral for a friend film with the new JL heroes being introduced. Ending on some sort of crisis they can't handle. Then in JL2 Superman returns and turns the odds in JL's favor.

Interesting but I don't think they will kill off Superman in his second film.

The IBT rumor BTW has someone other than Doomsday kill off Supes.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
One interesting scenario I read from someone who thinks the statue is a memorial is based on the recent international business time script reveal (rumor of course).

This would lead into JL 1 where with Superman gone and threats out there from Luthor Batman formally organizes the JL. They are sticking to the new 52 supposedly and Batman is the founder in that canon.

So JL is sort of the interlude funeral for a friend film with the new JL heroes being introduced. Ending on some sort of crisis they can't handle. Then in JL2 Superman returns and turns the odds in JL's favor.

Hmm...Death of Superman so soon? Like you said, interesting, but I don't think they'll do it either. And to take the involvement of Doomsday out of that scenario is just a bit off to me. I mean, I could see them maybe doing this in order to make the formation of the JL a more urgent need, but it would be risky to say the least.

~ Naked Bat
Old 06-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Hmm...Death of Superman so soon? Like you said, interesting, but I don't think they'll do it either. And to take the involvement of Doomsday out of that scenario is just a bit off to me. I mean, I could see them maybe doing this in order to make the formation of the JL a more urgent need, but it would be risky to say the least.
Here is the report:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/man-steel-2...tmobile-600157

While it would provide an urgent need for the JL to form would they do the first JL film with no Superman? Only bring him in for the second? I don't see that.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Here is the report:

While it would provide an urgent need for the JL to form would they do the first JL film with no Superman? Only bring him in for the second? I don't see that.
So supposedly Luthor kills him? Eh, I don't know. Besides using Kryptonite (which they haven't eluded to as of yet as even existing in this Universe) or a manufactured weapon such as Metallo (which again, requires Kryptonite) I don't see Lex being the one to take down the most powerful being on Earth. That's why Doomsday was such a threat - he took Supes out...at least for a while.

Yeah, maybe they'd be able to bring Superman back in JL somehow - halfway through or something...

~ Naked Bat
Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #14
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Here is the report:

How can you have a JL film without Superman? Of course it's not going to happen.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
STARMAN
Side-Kick

That website is simply posting rumors and fan speculation generated from other websites. It's not insider info.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
How can you have a JL film without Superman? Of course it's not going to happen.
I agree. If they were to kill him off in the next film they'd bring him back in JL 1 but that would crowd out the main story which supposedly is to introduce the Justice team.

I am pretty sure eventually they will do Doomsday but not until at least JL 2. And resolve it in JL 3. Frankly I'd rather have Darkside than Doomsday in this JL film set.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #17
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

I don't know. The more I think about the rumored "Death of Superman" storyline, the more I think that it just might be able to work. There are things other than "death" they could go with, like time displacement or a mission to space where people just think he's dead. Of course, he would have to come back in the JL movie.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #18
Citadel30
Local Boob

The death of Superman would be pretty ballsy - but that route would definitely put butts in seats. IMO - the whole Batman vs Superman angle is enough for this installment and saving the death of Superman as the huge marketing bit for the next installment makes more sense. But i guess we have to wait and see.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #19
ChrisB
Batman News

There's a big truck blocking the Superman statue on set now lol

Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #20
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
There's a big truck blocking the Superman statue on set now lol
yeah maybe me tweeting Zack and Larry about it wasn't such a good idea.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #21
SUPERGRAVE
an ideal to strive toward

.....or the Phantom Zone ^^^

Old 06-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #22
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
yeah maybe me tweeting Zack and Larry about it wasn't such a good idea.
you've ruined it for all of us!!! you.... you... you Charlatan!!

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #23
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

If they put half as much effort into making a good movie as they seem to be putting into making every little thing about this production (that comes with free publicity and little of spoiling) a top secret then we'll have a masterpiece in 2016

Old 06-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #24
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23 View Post
Superman, in the moive, even told General Swanwick that he'd work with them, but on HIS terms, not theirs.

Superman, in continuity, has NEVER been a government stooge. He'd never compromise his beliefs for any government.

Quote:
I agree. If they were to kill him off in the next film they'd bring him back in JL 1 but that would crowd out the main story which supposedly is to introduce the Justice team.

I am pretty sure eventually they will do Doomsday but not until at least JL 2. And resolve it in JL 3. Frankly I'd rather have Darkside than Doomsday in this JL film set.
This is a best scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
I have this... What if they put Brainiac setting Doomsday for the climax of this one and setting on the JL (making them to unite the JL)

Quote:

Lex Luthor... Mhmmm This should be ideal with a JL formed and the JL members having a feeling each one for the other. in other words for a sequel.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #25
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

only change his hand like in the statue and it's pretty much like that.

Last edited by John-An; 06-10-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Closed Thread