The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #151
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post

Can anyone with better eyes tell me what year the Metropolis Fire Department was established? I'm just curious...
I actually have a direct flight from London to Metropolis tonight. I'll ask Diana before I leave the UK...and then confirm with MFD when I get there.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #152
lanesrader
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:

Can anyone with better eyes tell me what year the Metropolis Fire Department was established? I'm just curious...
looks like 1849. not sure. first 3 numbers are easier to tell but can't really see the last one.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #153
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post

look at your right, it's clearly the hand of the statue of superman. The statue is segmented, that's due to the CGI or that it's not finished yet. Cough destroying with a fight cough.

I wonder why even fire dept. something huge happened there.... cough Cyborg cough?
So, cough, cough ...could be a research facility. Cough...could be studying Kryptonian artifacts donated by Superman...cough, could have a statue in front of it honoring Superman building and stocking the facility, cough ..almost a Star Lab...and Cyborg is a researcher. Well was a researcher till an accident which leads him to get mechanical body parts to compensate for his injuries. Possibly the statue is damaged in the explosion or whatever. It looks unfinished and its hard to say if it is meant to be that way or will be completed. My stab at what may be going on.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #154
kendalag
Side-Kick

With all the CGI done today, you can't really trust anything you see.

However, I'd assume this is some sort of LexCorp research facility, I don't really think the military would show up at LexCorp 'corporate headquarters' like they seem like might ... showing up at a research facility where all hell is breaking loose for whatever reason seems to make more sense ... but again, that is speculation as well.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #155
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
With all the CGI done today, you can't really trust anything you see.

However, I'd assume this is some sort of LexCorp research facility, I don't really think the military would show up at LexCorp 'corporate headquarters' like they seem like might ... showing up at a research facility where all hell is breaking loose for whatever reason seems to make more sense ... but again, that is speculation as well.
Expanding on your point. A Lex research faciltity where Lex has tricked Superman into donating Kryptonian artifacts so he, Lex, can have them studied and put to use to "help" mankind. In honor of Superman's donations Lex has the statue built outside the facility.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #156
ChrisB
Batman News

I've been told that Amy Adams filmed a scene at a hotel today. A pic of that hotel here:

http://blog.uofmuscle.com/26034/very...perman-update/

Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #157
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Nice one Chris how do you know Amy was filming in there? Any set pics of her?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #158
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
So, cough, cough ...could be a research facility. Cough...could be studying Kryptonian artifacts donated by Superman...cough, could have a statue in front of it honoring Superman building and stocking the facility, cough ..almost a Star Lab...and Cyborg is a researcher. Well was a researcher till an accident which leads him to get mechanical body parts to compensate for his injuries. Possibly the statue is damaged in the explosion or whatever. It looks unfinished and its hard to say if it is meant to be that way or will be completed. My stab at what may be going on.
I don't think they are donated by Superman, just they took without noticing as the drop ship in the artic from Zod and the battle suit from Zod in one of his buildings

Old 06-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #159
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Nice one Chris how do you know Amy was filming in there? Any set pics of her?
No photos, but I was told that she was spotted on set.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #160
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I don't think they are donated by Superman, just they took without noticing as the drop ship in the artic from Zod and the battle suit from Zod in one of his buildings
I dunno. I think Luthor will try to use Superman to his own ends at first. pretend to be a friend. Maybe get Superman to donate some kind of kryptonian tech to Luthor's research lab. Maybe build the statue as part of a grand deception to catch Superman off-guard and strike at him when Superman least expects it.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #161
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I dunno. I think Luthor will try to use Superman to his own ends at first. pretend to be a friend. Maybe get Superman to donate some kind of kryptonian tech to Luthor's research lab. Maybe build the statue as part of a grand deception to catch Superman off-guard and strike at him when Superman least expects it.
Maybe to be a friend at first. but at this time he'll have those things as we've seen on the MOS extras. But I doubt Superman will donate things that he surely things are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #162
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Possible filming location for tomorrow?

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...an-v-superman/

Old 06-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #163
DarkSentinel
9/8/14 - Never Forget

I will be following this closely.

*subscribes to thread*

*T*
Old 06-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #164
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanesrader View Post
looks like 1849. not sure. first 3 numbers are easier to tell but can't really see the last one.
Thanks. I couldn't even make out the first 3.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #165
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

So close.. and yet so damn far!

Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #166
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
So close.. and yet so damn far!
which is also the title of Bruce Banner's autobiography when it concerns his love life.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #167
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

^ You read El Mayimbe's latest Avengers "scoop", didn't you?

Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #168
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Old 06-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #169
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #170
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Reading Mayimbe's Avengers 2 scoop makes me believe that Whedon is going to steal a major Superman moment for the climax of Age of Ultron, namely this

Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #171
mat-chow
Side-Kick

^^^^^^^^^ I agree! First thing that crossed my mind.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #172
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanesrader View Post
I was thinking 1847, but yeah around there.

It would be interesting if that date was actually 1938 - to coincide with Superman's first appearance in comics! But that would make Metropolis a pretty young city and wouldn't be conducive to the size and scale of the portrayed population and structures.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #173
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
I was thinking 1847, but yeah around there.

It would be interesting if that date was actually 1938 - to coincide with Superman's first appearance in comics! But that would make Metropolis a pretty young city and wouldn't be conducive to the size and scale of the portrayed population and structures.
Yeah, that is kinda why I was curious to know what the date was: To see if it had any kind of correlation with an important year in the comics. However, I cannot recall any Superman/Metropolis stories taking place in the 19th century. It seems like there were several stories about Gotham in the 1800s (or at least references to that time period) but I cannot recall any about Metropolis.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #174
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Yeah, that is kinda why I was curious to know what the date was: To see if it had any kind of correlation with an important year in the comics. However, I cannot recall any Superman/Metropolis stories taking place in the 19th century. It seems like there were several stories about Gotham in the 1800s (or at least references to that time period) but I cannot recall any about Metropolis.
Well, let me get my geek hat on...according to http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Metropolis "The history of Metropolis stretches back to the year 1542 when Italian navigator Vincenzo Gnanatti discovered the region while in the employ of the Dutch." ...anyway, not sure if that is even relevant, but interesting at least.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #175
rancelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I've been told that Amy Adams filmed a scene at a hotel today. A pic of that hotel here:

http://blog.uofmuscle.com/26034/very...perman-update/
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6065...POaGjAuj9g!2e0

Closed Thread