The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #751
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Well let's see, ill be 27 watching B v S, 28 watching Justice League. Not bad.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #752
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

I think we'll get Batman solo films, probably Affleck just doesn't want to do one that soon after doing BatmanvSuperman + Justice League back to back

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #753
Alfreds401k
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
No Batman solo films is going to get a lot of people happy, to be honest I don't think I'm read for it. I always thought JL was going to be a year after BVS because the way they seem to go about it (filming a whole two years before release) makes me think they filming both flicks back to back.

As for the schedule, it's way too good to be true, but if it was...holy crap, announcing that at comic con would single handedly wash away most doubts about WB's commitment to the DC universe outside of superman and batman.

The lack of batman movie could be the X-Men scenario. Batman could be the wolverine of the xmen franchise and be the center of each movie or he could, at a minimum, show up in most of the movies. That would probably work with Affleck's budding career schedule, much like Jackman's.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #754
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I never take rumors to heart and whatever WB has planned obviously depends on the success of BvS. Certainly I wish Warner Brothers/DC the best because I love DC. I do expect some news at Comic Con though.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #755
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
No Batman solo films is going to get a lot of people happy.
Not me. Im looking forward to seeing the new Gordon (as long as it's one of the few great actors i have in mind). Im dying to see a more mature take on Joker or Penguin as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
My gut feeling is they'll add Batman in each film and that's really depressing.
Too much Batman is never a bad thing in my opinion!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #756
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'll put it this way... Batman WILL get solo films, because there's no way WB is going to miss out on collecting money from guaranteed hits

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #757
roach
I am the night

While I normally am suspicious of rumors Nikki Fink was big over at Deadline...she's pretty accurate.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #758
Jumpman
Side-Kick

The feeling on Twitter from people in the know is that this scoop is 100% legit. This truly might be WB's plans. If so, WOW!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #759
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Seems too good to be true. I would sign up for this in a heartbeat.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #760
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
No Batman solo films is going to get a lot of people happy.
Not me. I would like a more horror-based batman movie next.

We are getting batman for sure in BvS and JL though and that list isn't official.

\S/T*
Old 06-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #761
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Not me. Im looking forward to seeing the new Gordon (as long as it's one of the few great actors i have in mind). Im dying to see a more mature take on Joker or Penguin as well.

Too much Batman is never a bad thing in my opinion!
I am with you.Batman is my favorate DC character just like X-Men and SPider-man are my favorate Marvel characters. It seems like those out of DC watchers
who like Batman the best are minority here.

A solo batman film directed by and starring Affleck Sign me up for that.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #762
Jumpman
Side-Kick

I'm thinking DC fans might want to just go ahead and dream and be excited. It's about to be on like Donkey Kong.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #763
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
My gut feeling is they'll add Batman in each film and that's really depressing.
I thought of that too. What is BM has some kind of role in every DCCU film? That would not be that big of a deal to me.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #764
dhandler01
Super High Five

Leaving aside whether I believe this rumor or not, it does line up with another rumor from about the time Affleck signed to be Batman. There was a rumor circulated that he signed to not only be Batman in BvS but to make like 13 appearances in DC films. I dont remember the details but it was discussed a bit on CBR.

Now, assuming (note: I said assuming I guarantee nothing) the list is true the lack of Batfleck solo would set it up where Batfleck could show up in other movies in various capacities acting as the center of the DCCU. Since Batman is the top earner out there and best known hero at DC it would make sense.

Honestly, I dont care if everything else is true as long as Shazam is true and the Rock plays Captain Marvel. that will be an awesome movie and could totally be done all ages and be brilliant!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #765
Binker
Side-Kick

In terms of Batman regarding this possible news, I still wonder why there is no Batman movie(s) on the list because Batman is WB's cash cow, we all know this. Either that means this list isn't true, or it is true, and Affleck is only Batman in the Justice League (and JL-related) movies and maybe even other Superman/Batman films (a fan can dream), due to the agreement Affleck wanted. But if that's the case, with every other character get their own films leaving DCCU Batman out, it just begs the question: what was the point in not connecting the Dark Knight trilogy Batman with DCCU Batman? Or, even with the talent he has, why cast Affleck when instead they could've gotten someone else similar, and a few years younger, who could do solo Batman films?

I still feel that they could've ignored Dark Knight and Rises, and place Batman Begins in canon into the DCCU; that way, if that Joker appearance is true, imagine going from the card at the end of BB to a scene where Batman him down the Joker, possibly in the beginning. Which even without this connecting idea I'm using, that scene is still cool because it would show and establish what Batman is like in the DCCU. But anyway, that would've been easy, and you could say Affleck might've taken the opportunity to create a finale story to bookend the character.

Now granted, we may be getting new Batman solo films anyway, and it's probably not on the list because Affleck might not want to do Batman so soon after BvS/JL, and DC/WB instead wants to promote others and not Batman this time; that would explain alot. It's just speculation and questions from the mind on my part, and it's understandable at that.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #766
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'd love a Batman film too, but if I had to choose between a Batman film and a Hal/Barry teamup, Bruce is getting shelved. I'd rather they just put a bit more focus on him in this film.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #767
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Or maybe WB is giving their other properties a chance instead of just shoving more batman down our throats.

But yeah, I'm very skeptical on whether or not this is true.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #768
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Maybe they don't have a definitive date for a Batman film. Or maybe the list is BS...

Old 06-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #769
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont think the Superman thing is true because of Snyder. This would mean that Zack directs B v S then takes a 6 month break or whatever, then shoots Justice League. This is almost back to back stuff. Then another Superman? Hmmmm. Im not so sure about that.

If they ever do a second Justice League by 2020 then it would have to go to another director, since i cant see Zack devoting everything he has to doing Superman related movies for the next decade. I cant see Superman going solo for a long time. Batman will probably happen first. WB didnt trust MOS enough and that's why Batman is in this and taking first billing. Why would they invest in another MOS when they could deliver on Batman?

Or maybe Ben doesn't want to direct solo films or even star in them..
There have been rumors Affleck would only do JL films. It may be that until Affleck finishes his JL dutues that no other actor takes on the role. Hence no solos till then.

As to MOS2, despite being a critically panned film w/poor WOM. MOS made 668 million. Hughes in his article is right on one thing. Given Thor2 and Cap2 the potential for MOS2 after JL is 900 million or more.

If Batman solos aren't being made then MOS2 has the greatest potential to get close to a billion. I don't see WW or Flash doing that. There is no other film you can put in the same year as AV3 and hope to have decent results. Other being Batman but if Affleck has nixed solos then you go with Superman.

In that sense it makes sense they fit in an MOS within a few years of JL.

The other thing is JL is expected to have follow-ups. WB has to renegotiate with HC for anything after JL1. I doubt HC would agree to become the Hulk of DC and only appear in JL films when Flash, WW, Aquaman and others get solo films.Part of his "demands" may be at least one starring/solo role among the 3 more films he agrees to do.

I don't know if 2018 is right but I think they will be a MOS2 fairly soon after JL.

Last edited by Tobias; 06-12-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #770
fake
Side-Kick

I'm not believing this till we actually hear it from Zack Snyder at Comic-Con.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #771
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am with you.Batman is my favorate DC character just like X-Men and SPider-man are my favorate Marvel characters. It seems like those out of DC watchers
who like Batman the best are minority here.

A solo batman film directed by and starring Affleck Sign me up for that.
I think there are lots of batfans here. People just got overwhelmed with the idea of more films being announced; I reckon there are many who would be disappointed by lack of batman solos on the list (if that list is even true).

\S/T*
Old 06-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #772
roach
I am the night

So The Rock's movie is more than likely Shazam.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #773
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
So The Rock's movie is more than likely Shazam.
Seems like an almost perfect fit to me.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #774
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Well let's see, ill be 27 watching B v S, 28 watching Justice League. Not bad.
What is the deal with all you youngins saying things like "31 is old"? Us old timers really hope this list is true so we can see some of these films before we really do keel over.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #775
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Or maybe WB is giving their other properties a chance instead of just shoving more batman down our throats.

But yeah, I'm very skeptical on whether or not this is true.
Because that worked really well with Superman.
Only had one solid movie before WB forced Batman into the sequel.

But yeah, i'm skeptical as well but seeing WB's choices in the past years, I can't help but to think of negativity.

Closed Thread