The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #126
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Well he got a job at the cities top news paper without any qualifications or interest in journalism.

Maybe he wings it as a construction manager and architect too lol
We don't know that he lacks qualifications at all.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #127
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I find it amusing to see that some people think Superman can rebuild Metropolis rapidly because, well he's Superman. He sure could, if Metropolis was a giant lego set. But it's not. He can't just fly around and carry buildings and put it together.

Making new plans and blueprints for the buildings, gathering the materials and green signals from the City, the intricate electrical wiring inside the building, the plumbing, inspections at every damn step of the process, etc etc. There's more to building something than just putting bricks together. There's no way all of that can happen that fast.

Yeah and I mean if he can't do the wiring and plumbing, he can atleast help move 100's of tons of building material and machinery around like it was nothing.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #128
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboMan View Post
^^ Yeah and I mean if he can't do the wiring and plumbing, he can atleast help move 100's of tons of building material and machinery around like it was nothing.
So you want Superman to steal middle class jobs?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #129
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well he got a job at the cities top news paper without any qualifications or interest in journalism.

Maybe he wings it as a construction manager and architect too lol
I can picture the interview now with Perry saying "you worked on a rig?" Well, you're hired!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #130
The Endless
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
We don't know that he lacks qualifications at all.
He never went to college. He worked on the farm and then after his dad died he became a nomad.

It'd have been cool if we saw his interests in photography as a child or something. Maybe a camera in his bedroom or show him taking pictures of nature etc. It's little details like that which create a fully formed character. The little details are always the most important thing.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #131
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

These bloody aliens, coming here and taking our jobs.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #132
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
He never went to college. He worked on the farm and then after his dad died he became a nomad.

It'd have been cool if we saw his interests in photography as a child or something. Maybe a camera in his bedroom or show him taking pictures of nature etc. It's little details like that which create a fully formed character. The little details are always the most important thing.
I don't think that showing a camera in his room would have mattered much.

We also don't know that Clark skipped college.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #133
The Endless
Side-Kick

It was never shown, nor hinted at.

He just joins the Daily Planet at the end because he has to. Because that is part of the character. It just doesn't add up to what we know of the character in this narrative.

Even Raimi's often retroactively dismissed Spidey films show that Parker has an interest in photography and journalism long before he joins the Bugle.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #134
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
So you want Superman to steal middle class jobs?
I was just referring to hafizbat's statement. And I do think him helping to move 100's if not 1000's of tons of necessary material and equipment around in moments to rebuild the city and return jobs to many tens of 1000's of people has priority over the same being done by normal humans over the course of months or years. It's like saying, we won't automate a factory since many factory workers will get laid off, but that kind of sentiment died back in the early to mid 1900's.

It is the paradox of capitalism sadly, where production quality increases and progress is made but the lowest denominator has to take the hit.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #135
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:

That's one of the major criticisms from Man of Steel - we didnt see much of the young Clark enjoying his powers which is odd in itself. People have often thought it would be super cool to have powers growing up? Well not if you were Clark Kent. Now some blame his paranoid Smallville Dad (played by Costner) who drummed into his head that if he uses his powers he would be carted away by the authorities. They even think that's why Superman is so strangely detached at the destruction in Metropolis - concentrating more on fist-punching Zod than the actual humans caught up in their melee.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #136
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was just referring to hafizbat's statement. And I do think him helping to move 100's if not 1000's of tons of necessary material and equipment around in moments to rebuild the city and return jobs to many tens of 1000's of people has priority over the same being done by normal humans over the course of months or years. It's like saying, we won't automate a factory since many factory workers will get laid off, but that kind of sentiment died back in the early to mid 1900's.

It is the paradox of capitalism sadly, where production quality increases and progress is made but the lowest denominator has to take the hit.
It was a joke.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #137
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

I don't recall anything in the original showing Clark being interested in journalism. And he disappeared for some years while he watched telly with his dad in the fortress. Did he miss out on college or did he go between Pa's death and leaving the farm?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #138
The Shield
It's really Happening!

O>M>G…. You guys will never get it…

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #139
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was a joke.
Yeah, I guessed too late, sorry. Guess i'm just touchy about that subject is all. Peace!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #140
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Nope, he spent 12 years in an igloo.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #141
The Endless
Side-Kick

Yea the original didn't do it either. That's why i wanted to see a bit more of it in this film. At least an interest in photography or something. We don't really know much about Clark as a person.

It's not a major thing but it's just something missing from all movie portrayals of Superman so far.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #142
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Maybe he did one of those online courses in a couple of seconds.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #143
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea the original didn't do it either. That's why i wanted to see a bit more of it in this film. At least an interest in photography or something. We don't really know much about Clark as a person.

It's not a major thing but it's just something missing from all movie portrayals of Superman so far.
Least the original movie made a big deal out of him being hired - showing the Daily Planet. In Man of Steel they skimmed right over it, just using silly lines and then closing with the smiling happy face.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #144
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Least the original movie made a big deal out of him being hired - showing the Daily Planet. In Man of Steel they skimmed right over it, just using silly lines and then closing with the smiling happy face.
That was because the plot was completely different and the CK journalist persona was integral to that story. It wasn't in MOS, but it will be in BVS and surely they will show us everything about the Daily planet and his interactions with people in that movie.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #145
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
Like a... skin wig? A skwig?

Coining it.
Yep

Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #146
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
That was because the plot was completely different and the CK journalist persona was integral to that story. It wasn't in MOS, but it will be in BVS and surely they will show us everything about the Daily planet and his interactions with people in that movie.
I wonder how much screen time Adams will get in the new movie?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #147
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
A lot, hopefully. My favourite Lois.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #148
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering she is was as integral to the plot as Supes in MOS, I'm hoping she will be atleast half as important in BVS, so I guess she will get enough screen time.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #149
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
A lot, hopefully. My favourite Lois.
I hope so. When you have an actor of her quality, it would be such a shame if they didnt have more of her in the movie.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #150
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I hope so. When you have an actor of her quality, it would be such a shame if they didnt have more of her in the movie.
Perhaps something with her investigating Lex, etc. And of course, some Clois for the shippers!

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Closed Thread