The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #151
Tobias
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I wonder how much screen time Adams will get in the new movie?
Not as much as Gadot? The emphasis on New 52 may mean Superman and WW eventually are an item. Not in this film but later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIddV6Nf270

Old 06-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #152
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
These bloody aliens, coming here and taking our jobs.
Lex's rallying cry to the locals right there. "Kryptonians disturbed the peace! Superman made redundant the local security force!"

Old 06-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #153
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Not as much as Gadot? The emphasis on New 52 may mean Superman and WW eventually are an item. Not in this film but later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIddV6Nf270
How do we know there is an emphasis on New 52? Just because the big 3 are in it doesn't imply that necessarily. These characters have appeared together well before the N52.

Or am I missing something?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #154
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

When you think about it, Lex is the easiest character to write in this film.

Think about all the problems people had in this film:

Superman killing
Superman not saving people
Superman causing destruction

Sure you can defend some of these points but to someone like Lex, these are reasons for people not to trust Superman. It's so easy to hate Superman in the MOS universe.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #155
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would rather Adams have more screen time than Gadot. Also the whole Superman/WW romance has been so poorly characterized in the comics that to see it played out on a big screen would be awful.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #156
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post

Superman killing

Sure you can defend some of these points but to someone like Lex, these are reasons for people not to trust Superman. It's so easy to hate Superman in the MOS universe.
Yeah, but they are going for a new Luthor. That means... well it could mean anything. Like we saw with Superman in Man of Steel, it might be a miss-match of different ideals and strengths and the result could be messy. Personally I hope they keep it simple with Luthor - sometimes less is more.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #157
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would rather Adams have more screen time than Gadot. Also the whole Superman/WW romance has been so poorly characterized in the comics that to see it played out on a big screen would be awful.
Maybe they won't do any romance? With JL films will Adams get much screentime? Its like there is no room to develop an Adams/Cavill romance.

Maybe the films like I said will not have a romantic component for Superman. I'm fine with that. I reserve to right to change my mind if Gadot and Cavill have great onscreen chemistry.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #158
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I wish I could just be involved with writing Lex with Terrio. I love villains. They are so fun to write. Writing Lex would be so simple and fun. "This alien had a grudge match in the middle of our city with another of his kind throwing each other through buildings. These are powerful gods. Imagine how simple it could be to kill a human. Probably a tap from his finger could kill you. And you find this alien a hero? You trust this alien to protect you and your children?"

Kind of was a little influenced by Bane and his Wall Street speech in that a bit.

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 06-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #159
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe they won't do any romance? With JL films will Adams get much screentime? Its like there is no room to develop an Adams/Cavill romance.

Maybe the films like I said will not have a romantic component for Superman. I'm fine with that. I reserve to right to change my mind if Gadot and Cavill have great onscreen chemistry.
Romances can be tricky depending on the writer because sometimes the romances are just so full of cliche and unbelievable dialogue that its hard to engage with what people are watching. Also its hard to say at this point if the rumors/speculation that they are aiming for a more aligned universe with the New-52 are true. If that's the case, then chances are good WW will end up with Superman but then that would come at the expense of Adams as Lois Lane and when you have such a great talent like that, why do it? I hope they keep it simple. That's something Man of Steel did - cramming in too many elements.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #160
keven
Side-Kick

Although they didn't show it in the movie, I thought it was implied Clark went to college. He wouldn't be able to show up at the Daily Planet and just start working if he didn't have the credentials.

They showed him wearing a KU shirt and I seem to remember someone saying the scene where Clark and Jon are in the truck prior to the tornado was shortened. He was saying something about studying/becoming a journalist versus Jon talking about farming. Which would make sense since that scene sort of abruptly starts with Clark saying something like "I just want to do something useful with my life".

Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #161
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

The Superman/Wonder Woman comic is very good, the first arc closed in an epic fashion. And although I wouldn't call their romance great, it's also not poor. It has its moments.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #162
LamboMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wish I could just be involved with writing Lex with Terrio. I love villains. They are so fun to write. Writing Lex would be so simple and fun. "This alien had a grudge match in the middle of our city with another of his kind throwing each other through buildings. These are powerful gods. Imagine how simple it could be to kill a human. Probably a tap from his finger could kill you. And you find this alien a hero? You trust this alien to protect you and your children?"

Kind of was a little influenced by Bane and his Wall Street speech in that a bit.
Although that is a good approach, I would prefer Lex to be more cunning and indirect, act like the philanthropist and benefactor, winning over the people by helping to rebuild Metropolis and then when he has them in his hold, he slowly starts sending subtle messages and hints antagonizing Superman. No public speeches, just manipulating the papers and media from the background to slowly put a subconscious fear into people's minds that no amount of heroic acts by superman could reverse. That's how evil I want him to be.

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #163
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
The Superman/Wonder Woman comic is very good, the first arc closed in an epic fashion. And although I wouldn't call their romance great, it's also not poor. It has its moments.
Adams did an interview some time ago where she talked about the idea of her character being involved in a love triangle and she wasnt exactly happy with the idea. I wonder if they do it - would she walk away from the role?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #164
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I loved that Wonder Woman Han Soloed Superman in that first arc.

Superman: "I love you."

Wonder Woman: "I know."

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #165
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:

Superman killing

I can see that happening, people will see "Superman attracted them, they wanted him to go with them to spare this planet. We hate you Superman"
And he can't prove Zod wanted to kill the planet population either way
It's easy to hate Superman if you were a in the public even in the cartoons

Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #166
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Romances can be tricky depending on the writer because sometimes the romances are just so full of cliche and unbelievable dialogue that its hard to engage with what people are watching. Also its hard to say at this point if the rumors/speculation that they are aiming for a more aligned universe with the New-52 are true. If that's the case, then chances are good WW will end up with Superman but then that would come at the expense of Adams as Lois Lane and when you have such a great talent like that, why do it? I hope they keep it simple. That's something Man of Steel did - cramming in too many elements.
I'd prefer they stay away from any Superman romance. Keep it simple is right. If New 52 rumor is true though they might go there. Batman founding JL is new 52. Is Superman even in the JL in new continuity? Or in and out? Read something like that.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #167
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I loved that Wonder Woman Han Soloed Superman in that first arc.

Superman: "I love you."

Wonder Woman: "I know."
They already did a play on that in Justice League War with Superman saying "You're strong" and Wonder Woman replying "I know."

Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #168
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

So, about those new set pics yesterday... interesting that there is a Metropolis EMT (apparently) outside the LexCorp facility. Probably already been said, but who thinks that's a sign that some sort of freak accident happens there? Perhaps something resulting in Lex's hair getting singed off, or maybe the creation of Metallo?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #169
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Adams did an interview some time ago where she talked about the idea of her character being involved in a love triangle and she wasnt exactly happy with the idea. I wonder if they do it - would she walk away from the role?
Just don't see them doing a triangle in BvsS. Beyond that its hard to say how big a role Adams will even have in future films. Doubt she has to worry about a triangle involving her and WW.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #170
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
So, about those new set pics yesterday... interesting that there is a Metropolis EMT (apparently) outside the LexCorp facility. Probably already been said, but who thinks that's a sign that some sort of freak accident happens there? Perhaps something resulting in Lex's hair getting singed off, or maybe the creation of Metallo?
When there are large gatherings often there are emergency vehicles on hand - could be for any number of reasons.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #171
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Regarding the "love triangle" stuff... I don't see that happening. I know it's a thing in the New 52 but I wouldn't worry about that. Like many have said, Amy Adams is a big name with a lot of talent, and I don't think they'd want to screw her over character-wise like that. Now Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand... THAT could be interesting.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #172
zryson
Side-Kick

I had another look at those Metropolis EMT red vehicles - there seems to be two of them and some white vehicles in the middle (which has ambulance written on the doors.)

Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #173
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

So Detroit seems like double duty as Gotham and Metropolis.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #174
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Regarding the "love triangle" stuff... I don't see that happening. I know it's a thing in the New 52 but I wouldn't worry about that. Like many have said, Amy Adams is a big name with a lot of talent, and I don't think they'd want to screw her over character-wise like that. Now Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand... THAT could be interesting.
haha yea i always liked the hints at romance between them in the JL show

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #175
dhandler01
Super High Five

Dont you guys ever sleep??

And I say no to Batman/WW. I hated that stuff on JLU...

Closed Thread