The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #151
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I wonder how much screen time Adams will get in the new movie?
Not as much as Gadot? The emphasis on New 52 may mean Superman and WW eventually are an item. Not in this film but later.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIddV6Nf270

Tobias is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #152
PacificBoy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
These bloody aliens, coming here and taking our jobs.
Lex's rallying cry to the locals right there. "Kryptonians disturbed the peace! Superman made redundant the local security force!"

PacificBoy is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #153
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick
 
lukebrodyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 423
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Not as much as Gadot? The emphasis on New 52 may mean Superman and WW eventually are an item. Not in this film but later.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIddV6Nf270
How do we know there is an emphasis on New 52? Just because the big 3 are in it doesn't imply that necessarily. These characters have appeared together well before the N52.

Or am I missing something?

lukebrodyg is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #154
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,164
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

When you think about it, Lex is the easiest character to write in this film.

Think about all the problems people had in this film:

Superman killing
Superman not saving people
Superman causing destruction

Sure you can defend some of these points but to someone like Lex, these are reasons for people not to trust Superman. It's so easy to hate Superman in the MOS universe.

__________________
DEAR WB/DC,

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is online now  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #155
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Not as much as Gadot? The emphasis on New 52 may mean Superman and WW eventually are an item. Not in this film but later.
I would rather Adams have more screen time than Gadot. Also the whole Superman/WW romance has been so poorly characterized in the comics that to see it played out on a big screen would be awful.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #156
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
When you think about it, Lex is the easiest character to write in this film.

Think about all the problems people had in this film:

Superman killing
Superman not saving people
Superman causing destruction

Sure you can defend some of these points but to someone like Lex, these are reasons for people not to trust Superman. It's so easy to hate Superman in the MOS universe.
Yeah, but they are going for a new Luthor. That means... well it could mean anything. Like we saw with Superman in Man of Steel, it might be a miss-match of different ideals and strengths and the result could be messy. Personally I hope they keep it simple with Luthor - sometimes less is more.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #157
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I would rather Adams have more screen time than Gadot. Also the whole Superman/WW romance has been so poorly characterized in the comics that to see it played out on a big screen would be awful.
Maybe they won't do any romance? With JL films will Adams get much screentime? Its like there is no room to develop an Adams/Cavill romance.

Maybe the films like I said will not have a romantic component for Superman. I'm fine with that. I reserve to right to change my mind if Gadot and Cavill have great onscreen chemistry.

Tobias is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #158
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,164
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

I wish I could just be involved with writing Lex with Terrio. I love villains. They are so fun to write. Writing Lex would be so simple and fun. "This alien had a grudge match in the middle of our city with another of his kind throwing each other through buildings. These are powerful gods. Imagine how simple it could be to kill a human. Probably a tap from his finger could kill you. And you find this alien a hero? You trust this alien to protect you and your children?"

Kind of was a little influenced by Bane and his Wall Street speech in that a bit.

__________________
DEAR WB/DC,

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is online now  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #159
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Maybe they won't do any romance? With JL films will Adams get much screentime? Its like there is no room to develop an Adams/Cavill romance.

Maybe the films like I said will not have a romantic component for Superman. I'm fine with that. I reserve to right to change my mind if Gadot and Cavill have great onscreen chemistry.
Romances can be tricky depending on the writer because sometimes the romances are just so full of cliche and unbelievable dialogue that its hard to engage with what people are watching. Also its hard to say at this point if the rumors/speculation that they are aiming for a more aligned universe with the New-52 are true. If that's the case, then chances are good WW will end up with Superman but then that would come at the expense of Adams as Lois Lane and when you have such a great talent like that, why do it? I hope they keep it simple. That's something Man of Steel did - cramming in too many elements.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #160
keven
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Although they didn't show it in the movie, I thought it was implied Clark went to college. He wouldn't be able to show up at the Daily Planet and just start working if he didn't have the credentials.

They showed him wearing a KU shirt and I seem to remember someone saying the scene where Clark and Jon are in the truck prior to the tornado was shortened. He was saying something about studying/becoming a journalist versus Jon talking about farming. Which would make sense since that scene sort of abruptly starts with Clark saying something like "I just want to do something useful with my life".

keven is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #161
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.
 
SofNascimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,576
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

The Superman/Wonder Woman comic is very good, the first arc closed in an epic fashion. And although I wouldn't call their romance great, it's also not poor. It has its moments.

__________________
.
"It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."
SofNascimento is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #162
LamboMan
Side-Kick
 
LamboMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 544
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I wish I could just be involved with writing Lex with Terrio. I love villains. They are so fun to write. Writing Lex would be so simple and fun. "This alien had a grudge match in the middle of our city with another of his kind throwing each other through buildings. These are powerful gods. Imagine how simple it could be to kill a human. Probably a tap from his finger could kill you. And you find this alien a hero? You trust this alien to protect you and your children?"

Kind of was a little influenced by Bane and his Wall Street speech in that a bit.
Although that is a good approach, I would prefer Lex to be more cunning and indirect, act like the philanthropist and benefactor, winning over the people by helping to rebuild Metropolis and then when he has them in his hold, he slowly starts sending subtle messages and hints antagonizing Superman. No public speeches, just manipulating the papers and media from the background to slowly put a subconscious fear into people's minds that no amount of heroic acts by superman could reverse. That's how evil I want him to be.

__________________
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
- Richard Buckminster Fuller
My manips & other art here

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
LamboMan is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #163
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
The Superman/Wonder Woman comic is very good, the first arc closed in an epic fashion. And although I wouldn't call their romance great, it's also not poor. It has its moments.
Adams did an interview some time ago where she talked about the idea of her character being involved in a love triangle and she wasnt exactly happy with the idea. I wonder if they do it - would she walk away from the role?

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #164
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,164
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

I loved that Wonder Woman Han Soloed Superman in that first arc.

Superman: "I love you."

Wonder Woman: "I know."

__________________
DEAR WB/DC,

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is online now  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #165
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,618
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
When you think about it, Lex is the easiest character to write in this film.

Think about all the problems people had in this film:

Superman killing
Superman not saving people
Superman causing destruction

Sure you can defend some of these points but to someone like Lex, these are reasons for people not to trust Superman. It's so easy to hate Superman in the MOS universe.
I can see that happening, people will see "Superman attracted them, they wanted him to go with them to spare this planet. We hate you Superman"
And he can't prove Zod wanted to kill the planet population either way
It's easy to hate Superman if you were a in the public even in the cartoons

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #166
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Romances can be tricky depending on the writer because sometimes the romances are just so full of cliche and unbelievable dialogue that its hard to engage with what people are watching. Also its hard to say at this point if the rumors/speculation that they are aiming for a more aligned universe with the New-52 are true. If that's the case, then chances are good WW will end up with Superman but then that would come at the expense of Adams as Lois Lane and when you have such a great talent like that, why do it? I hope they keep it simple. That's something Man of Steel did - cramming in too many elements.
I'd prefer they stay away from any Superman romance. Keep it simple is right. If New 52 rumor is true though they might go there. Batman founding JL is new 52. Is Superman even in the JL in new continuity? Or in and out? Read something like that.

Tobias is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #167
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I loved that Wonder Woman Han Soloed Superman in that first arc.

Superman: "I love you."

Wonder Woman: "I know."
They already did a play on that in Justice League War with Superman saying "You're strong" and Wonder Woman replying "I know."

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #168
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,889
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

So, about those new set pics yesterday... interesting that there is a Metropolis EMT (apparently) outside the LexCorp facility. Probably already been said, but who thinks that's a sign that some sort of freak accident happens there? Perhaps something resulting in Lex's hair getting singed off, or maybe the creation of Metallo?

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #169
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Adams did an interview some time ago where she talked about the idea of her character being involved in a love triangle and she wasnt exactly happy with the idea. I wonder if they do it - would she walk away from the role?
Just don't see them doing a triangle in BvsS. Beyond that its hard to say how big a role Adams will even have in future films. Doubt she has to worry about a triangle involving her and WW.

Tobias is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #170
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
So, about those new set pics yesterday... interesting that there is a Metropolis EMT (apparently) outside the LexCorp facility. Probably already been said, but who thinks that's a sign that some sort of freak accident happens there? Perhaps something resulting in Lex's hair getting singed off, or maybe the creation of Metallo?
When there are large gatherings often there are emergency vehicles on hand - could be for any number of reasons.

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #171
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,889
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Regarding the "love triangle" stuff... I don't see that happening. I know it's a thing in the New 52 but I wouldn't worry about that. Like many have said, Amy Adams is a big name with a lot of talent, and I don't think they'd want to screw her over character-wise like that. Now Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand... THAT could be interesting.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #172
zryson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

I had another look at those Metropolis EMT red vehicles - there seems to be two of them and some white vehicles in the middle (which has ambulance written on the doors.)

zryson is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #173
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9,110
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

So Detroit seems like double duty as Gotham and Metropolis.

__________________

Fallen Angel is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #174
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,621
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Regarding the "love triangle" stuff... I don't see that happening. I know it's a thing in the New 52 but I wouldn't worry about that. Like many have said, Amy Adams is a big name with a lot of talent, and I don't think they'd want to screw her over character-wise like that. Now Batman and Wonder Woman on the other hand... THAT could be interesting.
haha yea i always liked the hints at romance between them in the JL show

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #175
dhandler01
Super High Five
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 333
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Dont you guys ever sleep??

And I say no to Batman/WW. I hated that stuff on JLU...

dhandler01 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.