The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #76
zryson
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

If they go a realism angle in BvS, how would they make Aquaman work? Maybe the Atlanteans are aliens too?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #77
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
If they go a realism angle in BvS, how would they make Aquaman work? Maybe the Atlanteans are aliens too?
I think the implications are evident Kryptonians seeded Earth and other planets. Anyone with a humanoid form likely has Kryptonian ancestry.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #78
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
I think the implications are evident Kryptonians seeded Earth and other planets. Anyone with a humanoid form likely has Kryptonian ancestry.
please no

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #79
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Well i would not be against it.

But i know that it is not an idea that popular here

Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #80
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
hi Jekecy! I wonder if the Amazons will be aliens rumor is true too? Maybe everybody came from outer space?

When it comes to Superman, I hope this new movie presents more light than darkness.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #81
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Remember when Denzel was rumored for Lex and John Stewart?

Here's a trailer of his recent film. He's bald in it. Not gonna lie, he looks like he could be a good Lex. Not a diss a Jesse are saying "replace him" but I just loved the idea of Denzel being in the DCCU.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #82
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Realism angle? They have an alien who can fly and shoot beams out of his eyes. Is Aquaman really that much of a stretch?

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 06-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #83
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Realism angle? They have an alien who can fly and shoot beams out of his eyes. Is Aquaman really that much of a stretch?
True. But Superman does that when he's angry (the heat vision.) Also Aquaman talking to the ocean creatures - I guess they will need subtitles or something because otherwise you just see him looking in the direction of a fish and then it doing something. Likewise, how long can he exist out of water? Why does he prefer the water and not land? Maybe they are traumatized aliens who came to Earth long ago when their own planet died and so they liked the oceans here and took up residence.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #84
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
...uhh

Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #85
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post

Here's a trailer of his recent film. He's bald in it. Not gonna lie, he looks like he could be a good Lex. Not a diss a Jesse are saying "replace him" but I just loved the idea of Denzel being in the DCCU.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Hahaha i love movies like these. I'll definitely be checking this out

Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #86
roach
I am the night

Quote:
True. But Superman does that when he's angry (the heat vision.) Also Aquaman talking to the ocean creatures - I guess they will need subtitles or something because otherwise you just see him looking in the direction of a fish and then it doing something. Likewise, how long can he exist out of water? Why does he prefer the water and not land? Maybe they are traumatized aliens who came to Earth long ago when their own planet died and so they liked the oceans here and took up residence.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #87
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
No he doesn't and how does that make it any more realistic?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #88
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dony2012 View Post
Anyone?
I responded to you a few pages back.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #89
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Aquaman should not be an alien. Wonder Woman should not be an alien. Only people that should be aliens are Superman and J'onn. Drop the aliens idea. It's something only Goyer's simple mind would come up with.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #90
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I would have loved him as Lex.

Ps: i would love to for Batfleck to have this sort of attitude.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #91
Loki882
Side-Kick

NO NO NO!!!! This whole "Kryptonians are the progenitors of everything" notion is a terrible idea. It would be a bad idea for the Amazons and it's a bad idea for the Atlanteans. The notion of Aquaman being po'ed that the World Engine screwed up the Indian Ocean is a good one. That'd be a plausible reason for him to reveal himself.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #92
Rorschach2012
$

The DCCU needs to establish multiple different races like Lord of the Rings. There's the Atlanteans, Amazons, the Kryptonians, the Olympian Gods, the New Gods, the Martians, and the Maltusians. All should be completely different, and not descendent from the Kryptonians

Old 06-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #93
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Why are people getting tired of superhero films? We've had at least 3 superhero films a year since 2003.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #94
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
NO NO NO!!!! This whole "Kryptonians are the progenitors of everything" notion is a terrible idea. It would be a bad idea for the Amazons and it's a bad idea for the Atlanteans. The notion of Aquaman being po'ed that the World Engine screwed up the Indian Ocean is a good one. That'd be a plausible reason for him to reveal himself.
If the Atlanteans did come from outer space, they would logically have their own spaceships too? Or something they use to travel the seas? Likewise what did the World Engine do to the creatures of the sea? Maybe it caused some of them to mutate?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #95
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

To be fair, in the comics, it's suggested at one point that Kryptonians, Thanagarians, etc, were descendents of scientifically advanced Atlanteans who left Earth.

But addressing the common ancestry isn't necessary.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #96
roach
I am the night

The veil has been lifted

Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #97
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Aquaman should not be an alien. Wonder Woman should not be an alien. Only people that should be aliens are Superman and J'onn. Drop the aliens idea. It's something only Goyer's simple mind would come up with.
Who just so happens to be the story writer for this cinematic universe? That guy?

Why wouldn't we discuss an idea that's possibly his?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #98
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
And DOFP has just become the highest-grossing X-Men movie ever. TWS made a lot of money, and will make a lot more when it comes to home video. People keep talking about "oversaturation" and yet the movies keep getting MORE successful. And quite frankly, I seriously doubt that the GA would really care if Superman had red hair as long as the movie was good/entertaining. Just like they didn't care that Daniel Craig's Bond has blonde hair, or that Lois in MOS had red hair. I don't even think that most comic book fans would care. An EXTREMELY small sliver of the people who go to see the movie might have an issue with it, nothing more.
I think if Superman had red hair people would care, very much.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #99
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Saying the market is saturated with superhero films is worse than saying the market is saturated with animated films.

And saying the market is saturated with animated films would be stupid to say

Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #100
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Who just so happens to be the story writer for this cinematic universe? That guy?

Why wouldn't we discuss an idea that's possibly his?
Except Goyer doesn't do stuff like that.

Closed Thread