The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #151
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

Considering that the casting for MOS was great across the board, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see some actual evidence otherwise.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #152
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I am guessing it is complicated to picture for some because there are those who equate "unknown" with lack of talent .
Although I really cannot say why .

Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #153
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I don't get happy or upset about any of these rumors.
Me neither. Especially since they're indeed RUMORS. It's silly to get upset or happy about something that may or may not be true.

*splat*
Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #154
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Because how she doesn't have a Wonder Woman body and her lack of acting work which make an asessment of her skills as an actress almsot impossible.
while she does not have the Wonder Woman comic book body...we don't know what Wonder Woman will look like in the movies. Looking at the women that were up for the role...none of them had the comic body. So obviously the comic body is not what they are going for.

I don't see a lack of acting work as a bad thing. Actors and actresses have to start somewhere...and unless they get a chance to prove themselves we'll never know.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #155
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tv's Phil View Post
I'm fairly certain that even if she does well, a lot of her harsher critics aren't going to change their opinions because it'd mean they were wrong.
Same for Eisenberg and Affleck.
Not all of them but that's how people are.
This. I think if they don't find any flaws, they'll make some up.

As much as I REALLY like Ledger in TDK, I don't think he'd get nearly the amount of credit if he was in a movie of TASM/2 quality.

How many times do people blame Affleck for ruining Daredevil? As if his performance is the only possible flaw in the movie.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #156
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I am guessing it is complicated to picture for some because there are those who equate "unknown" with lack of talent .
Although I really cannot say why .
Unknown is unknown. You can't assume it's bad, but you can't also assume it's good.

"Physical barriers are no match for those we place on our own minds."
Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #157
Raelis Shae
Wayside Wanderer

I think most people rely too much on what they have seen, and don't trust the casting agents/directors to do their job well.

Seriously people focus too much on Gal's modelling work and her F&F acting gig. She's done some dramatic work for Israeli TV too...if people see her work there, they might not be so harsh.

But then we're talking about fanboys, so...

Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #158
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Some of us assume it (like myself) which isn't any more different from you assuming she will do a great job.
I am not assuming she will do a good job. I am taking a wait and see attitude. I won't know if she is good or bad as Wonder Woman until I see her perform as Wonder Woman.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #159
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Can't believe Man of Steel came out exactly a year ago.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #160
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I don't know what is going on anymore. I tried looking back and somehow we went from some guy named McWeeney, who is a reputable source apparently, claimed that the film synopsis that mentioned Wonder Woman trying to steal something back from LexCorp undercover as a Wayne Enterprises employee and Aquaman being a marine biologist who is never referred to as Aquaman is now true. But that it somehow confirms Mamoa is in the film as Aquaman?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #161
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
At least when you know where something would break you can design the rest around it. That's why I believe WW will be a Faora kind of character. Making her look awesome with all the CGI and Snyder superb ability is acting scenes won't be hard. Then you give a line or two here and there and pow, done.
The reason Faora works is because she is Zod's right hand woman. Gadot is the biggest female superhero ever. You can't treat them the same.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #162
SofNascimento

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
while she does not have the Wonder Woman comic book body...we don't know what Wonder Woman will look like in the movies. Looking at the women that were up for the role...none of them had the comic body. So obviously the comic body is not what they are going for.
You are not wrong. Which means a lot of the problem isn't about Gadot, it's about Snyder.

He clearly doesn't see Wonder Woman as an equal. And he would hardly be the first.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #163
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Unknown is unknown. You can't assume it's bad, but you can't also assume it's good.
True .
I can only go by what my gut is telling me.
And my gut says that Gal will knock it out of the park.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #164
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, we're not assuming that she'll definitely do a good job. It's just possible that she won't. We're essentially taking a wait and see approach. We'll make our judgments once we, you know, actually see the movie (shocking concept right). It's her critics who are automatically assuming that she'll suck.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #165
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

In my JL origin story, I didn't have Aquaman called Aquaman nor Martian Manhunter called Martian Manhunter BUT

this was the first appearance of Aquaman to the public and J'onn first time on Earth. I had Flash as the one who names them Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #166
roach
I am the night

Quote:
You are not wrong. Which means a lot of the problem isn't about Gadot, it's about Snyder.

He clearly doesn't see Wonder Woman as an equal. And he would hardly be the first.
I don't know how you got that from what I typed.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #167
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Jeremy Jahns actually captured how I felt when watching Faora in MOS. I should be liking Zod and saying he's a pretty badass villain, but I'm not. I'm more engaged by the sexy female Kryptonian who is tag teaming with a colossus in beating down Superman.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #168
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I personally think Cavill did a comparable job to Evans, but I've only read a few reviews saying that critics were genuinely impressed by his performance. Most gave him good marks, but not rave ones. I think quality of a work surrounding a performance is almost as much as a determining factor as a performance itself. It's sad, but true.

If Gadot has a poorly written role, she'll be blamed for it, no matter how well she does saying her lines or presenting herself as the character.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #169
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Are you saying that if Gal had the comic book body that means Snyder sees Wonder Woman as an equal?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #170
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah, we're not assuming that she'll definitely do a good job. It's just possible that she won't. We're essentially taking a wait and see approach. We'll make our judgments once we, you know, actually see the movie (shocking concept right). It's her critics who are automatically assuming that she'll suck.
Because we do this every time...we prejudge a performance. We never learn to wait and see.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #171
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I personally think Cavill did a comparable job to Evans, but I've only read a few reviews saying that critics were genuinely impressed by his performance. Most gave him good marks, but not rave ones. I think quality of a work surrounding a performance is almost as much as a determining factor as a performance itself. It's sad, but true.

If Gadot has a poorly written role, she'll be blamed for it, no matter how well she does saying her lines or presenting herself as the character.
Chris Evans is a far superior actor to Henry Cavill.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #172
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

Hey, if they're going to have a female role model on screen, why not give her an achievable body type instead of a comic book one?

(I'm kidding, don't kill me)

Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #173
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Many did it for Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway, and Natalie Portman. Gal Gadot welcome to the Sisterhood of Hypesters Overly Judgmental Expectations.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #174
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I am not assuming she will do a good job. I am taking a wait and see attitude. I won't know if she is good or bad as Wonder Woman until I see her perform as Wonder Woman.
Ah, well I meant "you" as those people who are ready to praise Gal's Wonder Woman so much they've jumped on this odd bandwagon. For me I hope i'm wrong because there's no basis to go on with Gal as Wonder Woman. Sure if she either looked the part or is a talented actress then I have something to go on but she's got neither. As for the other two that auditioned, at least i've seen Olga as a talented actress in her films even if she doesn't look like the part. Elodie Yung may look like the part, but i've only seen her in two things and wasn't impressed.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #175
SofNascimento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
And what's the problem with believing she won't succeed? Is there something wrong in saying "I don't like her casting because this and that"? Sure, you can go crazy and say she already failed and doom, but saying what your expectations are is not wrong in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Are you saying that if Gal had the comic book body that means Snyder sees Wonder Woman as an equal?
I'm saying that the fact she looks so different from the pattern established by the male heroes castings shows a different view of her character.

Closed Thread