The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #176
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Chris Evans is a far superior actor than Henry Cavill.
Nobody cares about acting. We care about looks only. They're both hot so in the end I win.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #177
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
while she does not have the Wonder Woman comic book body...we don't know what Wonder Woman will look like in the movies. Looking at the women that were up for the role...none of them had the comic body. So obviously the comic body is not what they are going for.

I don't see a lack of acting work as a bad thing. Actors and actresses have to start somewhere...and unless they get a chance to prove themselves we'll never know.
No woman in Hollywood has the Wonder Woman comic body unless you want them cast the wrestler Chyna or some other female body builder.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #178
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Ah, well I meant "you" as those people who are ready to praise Gal's Wonder Woman so much they've jumped on this odd bandwagon. For me I hope i'm wrong because there's no basis to go on with Gal as Wonder Woman. Sure if she either looked the part or is a talented actress then I have something to go on but she's got neither. As for the other two that auditioned, at least i've seen Olga as a talented actress in her films even if she doesn't look like the part. Elodie Yung may look like the part, but i've only seen her in two things and wasn't impressed.
There's also the subculture that are willing to give her a chance before considering her a total miscast.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #179
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Anne Hathaway was supposedly a disastrous decision at least, before the film was released.
I thought that she was the best part of TDKR.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 06-14-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #180
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Ah, well I meant "you" as those people who are ready to praise Gal's Wonder Woman so much they've jumped on this odd bandwagon. For me I hope i'm wrong because there's no basis to go on with Gal as Wonder Woman. Sure if she either looked the part or is a talented actress then I have something to go on but she's got neither. As for the other two that auditioned, at least i've seen Olga as a talented actress in her films even if she doesn't look like the part. Elodie Yung may look like the part, but i've only seen her in two things and wasn't impressed.
How can we say she doesn't look like Wonder Woman when we haven't seen her as WW???

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #181
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught- View Post
No woman in Hollywood has the Wonder Woman comic body unless you want them cast the wrestler Chyna or some other female body builder.
I bring that up because people seem to think she is a fail because she doesn't have the comic body. Judging from the women cast they weren't going for her comic body

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #182
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
There's also the subculture that are willing to give her a chance before considering her a total miscast.
I guess that makes me a part of a subculture .
As far as I know,
That is a first for me !

Old 06-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #183
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught- View Post
False:

And this is just one example, I'm sure people could come with a dozen more with little effort.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #184
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I guess that makes me a part of a subculture .
As far as I know,
That is a first for me !
Well there's seem to be a few of us as most are already damning her or praising her.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #185
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
And what's the problem with believing she won't succeed? Is there something wrong in saying "I don't like her casting because this and that"? Sure, you can go crazy and say she already failed and doom, but saying what your expectations are is not wrong in any way.

I'm saying that the fact she looks so different from the pattern established by the male heroes castings shows a different view of her character.
Because you have absolutely no evidence to support that notion. It's just being pessimistic for it's own sake. If you're going to take a position, then you'd damn well better have actual evidence to back it up, simple.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #186
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Thing is with Eisenberg, I hesitate to call it "bad casting" because it's not like he's been picked solely for his resemblance to the comic book Lex and he's a notoriously bad actor, in fact he looks absolutely nothing like Lex Luthor, so it's clear their intentions for the character are completely different and beyond what we know about Lex, so it's not bad casting at all. It just lies in how Goyer has written him.

Gadot on the other hand is someone who has yet to give a good performance and she particularly doesn't have a WW like physique, I wouldn't blame anyone who had their doubts. It's purely wait and see.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #187
SofNascimento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Because you have absolutely no evidence to support that notion. It's just being pessimistic for it's own sake. If you're going to take a position, then you'd damn well better have actual evidence to back it up, simple.
But there are evidences:

- The way she looks
- The lack of good displays of acting
- Snyder track record

And that's what I can come up right now, but I believe they could be elaborated on.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #188
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

Quote:
False:

And this is just one example, I'm sure people could come with a dozen more with little effort.
Please in the comics WM has more muscles without flexing and her boobs aren't big enough if we are going with the comics. She is also caucasian which Wonder Woman is not.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #189
roach
I am the night

Quote:
False:

when people were complaining about Gal not having WW's comic body they weren't talking about her arms

Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #190
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
False:

But comic WW body is not just arms, right?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #191
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
But comic WW body is not just arms, right?
Blunt had a fantastic frame and physique in general with that film. Very convincing as a warrior. Not too often I can say that about these type of castings.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #192
roach
I am the night

Quote:
But there are evidences:

- The way she looks (We haven't seen her as Wonder Woman yet)
- The lack of good displays of acting (True she's just getting started)
- Snyder track record (not sure what this means but the general consensus is he cast his movies well)

And that's what I can come up right now, but I believe they could be elaborated on.
Not really compelling evidence that she was miscast.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #193
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
But there are evidences:

- The way she looks
- The lack of good displays of acting
- Snyder track record

In regards to how she looks ,
The other two candidates were the same body type.
What do you mean by Snyder's track record ?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #194
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

I wonder if the other actresses gave more one dimensional "tough" auditions and Gal showed the ability to not only play tough but also sweet when necessary? That's my guess.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #195
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Blunt had a fantastic frame and physique in general with that film. Very convincing as a warrior. Not too often I can say that about these type of castings.
did she have that physique before she was cast in that film?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #196
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I don't think she will fail because she doesn't have a comic book body. I think she will fail because she isn't a good actress.

Everyone is a good actor in this film besides her. Everyone. She is just a weak choice for the first take on Wonder Woman. Hell Ray Fisher for Cyborg is a better pick for the first Cyborg than Wonder Woman's first actor.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #197
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

She doesn't look that big here. Also she 5' 7" while WM is as taller or as tall as batman. She wouldn't work as a "realistic" WM.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #198
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

DC's casting has been terrific; I have faith Gadot will deliver.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 06-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #199
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Thing is with Eisenberg, I hesitate to call it "bad casting" because it's not like he's been picked solely for his resemblance to the comic book Lex and he's a notoriously bad actor, in fact he looks absolutely nothing like Lex Luthor, so it's clear their intentions for the character are completely different and beyond what we know about Lex, so it's not bad casting at all. It just lies in how Goyer has written him.

Gadot on the other hand is someone who has yet to give a good performance and she particularly doesn't have a WW like physique, I wouldn't blame anyone who had their doubts. It's purely wait and see.
He doesn't look like Lex????
The only real requirement is be white and be bald

Old 06-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #200
SofNascimento

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Not really compelling evidence that she was miscast.
Enought to believe she might have been, not enough to scientifically determine she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
In regards to how she looks ,
The other two candidates were the same body type.
What do you mean by Snyder's track record ?
That's what I talked about ealier, if you consider that no one of three finalists for Wondie had a body more like Emily's in her last film show that the casting crew was looking for something like them, I mean, obviously. But that doesn't make the problem go away, it just show the problem was elsewhere.

And about Snyder, he may be a problem or a blessing depending what you expect from WW in this films. If you believe she will be something like Faora, I believe Gadot and Snyder will do an outstading job. However, if you think she should be one of the pillars of the JL, the third most important member of whatever, then no, I don't think Snyder will be able to do that.

Closed Thread