The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Old 06-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #51
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Default Re: Transformers 4 Twitter Reactions/Critic Review Thread

Ya, no way in HELL this is worse than ROTF. I knew this wouldn't get praise, but I think the runtime and franchise fatigue is making the critics even harsher on it than usual.

I'm hopefully gonna catch it this weekend. I'm not even a fan outside the first film, but I have this odd feeling I'm gonna dig this movie. A buddy of mine got to see it in an advanced screening and told me it's leagues ahead of the last 2 in that it's not nearly as obnoxious in it's humor and T and A display. He also said the action is much more enjoyable than the last two because you can actually tell most of the Transformers apart from each other.

Time will tell.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #52
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
LOL! This movie is being totally slaughtered! Wow. Truly a surprise!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tran...of_extinction/

So far on rotten tomatoes: 16 "positive" & 45 completely rotten.

This is suck a piece of crap franchise, and it should be allowed to die. Like, forever.
The series should be allowed to die, not the franchise.

A memorable and well-regarded Transformers series is possible. You just need writers and a director who genuinely enjoy the TF mythology (comics).

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #53
def28
Side-Kick

The audience decides if the series dies, not the critics.

People showed up three times (with rotten ratings) and this thing destroyed most major franchises. Critics have no pull here. Obviously they are beyond sick of this franchise and Bay. We'll see this week if audiences are....

Last edited by def28; 06-26-2014 at 09:51 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #54
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I have some of these on blu-ray and I've been a fan of Transformers for years, toys, video games etc.

However, years ago when you looked at the Top 10 grossing movies of all time, they usually went hand in hand with critical approval.

Then you had movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers.

I'm not expecting King Lear here, but Summer blockbusters can actually still be considered good movies, ala Star Wars, Raiders, Spider-Man, Avengers, etc. They don't have to be mindless, popcorn movie fluff.

I was hoping that this movie would be a little bit better as I don't see that many movies now because of the price and hassle (having to purchase tickets in advance because my theater installed recliners), so this movie is probably going to be a Netflix for me.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #55
Loki882
Side-Kick

Heck we already had two successful "summer blockbusters" this year that were also well-written, well-acted, had coherent plots/good characterizations, and were just really enjoyable. Unfortunately, Michael Bay is not Bryan Singer or the Russo's. At best, his movies are flawed but entertaining, except for The Rock, that was genuinely good. At worst, they're unbearable.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #56
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Heck we already had two successful "summer blockbusters" this year that were also well-written, well-acted, had coherent plots/good characterizations, and were just really enjoyable. Unfortunately, Michael Bay is not Bryan Singer or the Russo's. At best, his movies are flawed but entertaining, except for The Rock, that was genuinely good. At worst, they're unbearable.
Edge of Tomorrow and Lego Movie.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #57
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Edge of Tomorrow and Lego Movie. And How To Train Your Dragon 2.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #58
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah yes, I forgot about them. Good point.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #59
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
Ya, no way in HELL this is worse than ROTF. I knew this wouldn't get praise, but I think the runtime and franchise fatigue is making the critics even harsher on it than usual.

I'm hopefully gonna catch it this weekend. I'm not even a fan outside the first film, but I have this odd feeling I'm gonna dig this movie. A buddy of mine got to see it in an advanced screening and told me it's leagues ahead of the last 2 in that it's not nearly as obnoxious in it's humor and T and A display. He also said the action is much more enjoyable than the last two because you can actually tell most of the Transformers apart from each other.

Time will tell.
I remember the days when people used to come down on/bash the film to no end on those things, that as well as the american military. If those things are indeed gone or rather toned 'down' to the levels of most other films, I suppose there will always be something else. Long run times seems to the new one tripping it up. Critics/detractors really don't like that much of their time being wasted.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #60
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I remember the days when people used to come down on/bash the film to no end on those things, that as well as the american military. If those things are indeed gone or rather toned 'down' to the levels of most other films, I suppose there will always be something else. Long run times seems to the new one tripping it up. Critics/detractors really don't like that much of their time being wasted.
Funny, movies that the critics really start to rave about, leave me feeling like I wasted my time when watching them. I'm so leary with critics, because more times than not, I loathe the stuff they like, and love the stuff they hate.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #61
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

The problem with critics is they ALWAYS try to be 'Respectful' it is not about you hate what they love, or vice versa.

They rated X-men, Dark Knight, LOTR, and Hunger Games really good, and I loved these movies as well. But these are just more respectful movies compared to Transformers.

Are the Transformers movies respectful/mature enough? If you don't so, these critics won't give it a pass.

To them, GOOD movies is composed of GOOD plot, GOOD Acting. And, nothing else such as special effects and action is that important to them!

You can show them a movie without a single action scene, they would call it the greatest movie ever. People like us action movie fans, we would NEVER think like that.

Last edited by SuperJediHero; 06-27-2014 at 12:36 AM.
SuperJediHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #62
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'm curious just how low the RT score is going to get in relation to how much WW/Dom money it makes. If things play out as many are predicting, this could very well be the lowest rated film to end up with the highest amount of dough(ratio wise). Which would be pretty interesting at the very least. It might even open up a dialogue between just who it is critics serve if not the GA.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #63
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm curious just how low the RT score is going to get in relation to how much WW/Dom money it makes. If things play out as many are predicting, this could very well be the lowest rated film to end up with the highest amount of dough(ratio wise). Which would be pretty interesting at the very least. It might even open up a dialogue between just who it is critics serve if not the GA.
Have you seen the movie yet?

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 AM   #64
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The international market is growing so it will make a ****load overseas, over 800mil because I think it's grossing over 200mil in China alone. I wonder if it will gross more in China than here in the states, that kind of result wouldn't surprise me. It should also be huge in Korea. Domestically I still think it's going to have a big fall off from the 3rd like Pirates 4 did from Pirates 3.

I don't always agree with the critics but I think they are right about the Transformers franchise. And I don't think that they should care about box office when reviewing a film.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #65
Sith
Side-Kick

After opening weekend this thing will lead balloon.

Sith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
The Lego Movie isn't as a summer movie, though.

I'm not really surprised with the negative critical response that this franchise is getting once again. The trailers of this film is for me, the least exciting bunch out of all the Transformer films and I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets a lower RT rating than the Revenge of the Fallen.

And I watched the previous Transformer films the other week, they don't really get better with multiple viewings.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:06 AM   #67
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith View Post
After opening weekend this thing will lead balloon.
Each one of these films have made more than the one that came before. I expect this one to make a billion.

The User Rating on RottenTomatoes is at 77%.

Last edited by Marvolo; 06-27-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #68
Lord
All Mighty

They've cut on the military? I know some people that realy loved that aspect from these movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJediHero View Post
The problem with critics is they ALWAYS try to be 'Respectful' it is not about you hate what they love, or vice versa.

They rated X-men, Dark Knight, LOTR, and Hunger Games really good, and I loved these movies as well. But these are just more respectful movies compared to Transformers.

Are the Transformers movies respectful/mature enough? If you don't so, these critics won't give it a pass.

To them, GOOD movies is composed of GOOD plot, GOOD Acting. And, nothing else such as special effects and action is that important to them!

You can show them a movie without a single action scene, they would call it the greatest movie ever. People like us action movie fans, we would NEVER think like that.
That's because most action films offer the action as the main course instead of making it a bonus, they love films where the action complements and improves upon the plot, not films where the plot is an excuse for the action.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #69
dpbrave84
Side-Kick

I just watched the film.... All I can say is that it was an ok film, I didn't hate it nor did I love it. I think the run time will hurt the film, it felt long. It's a good action movie but I don't feel like it has that memorable feel. Like I said it was an ok movie

dpbrave84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #70
Supernova
Side-Kick

I feel burnt out on this series, Like when the trailer hit during the super bowl I was just like "meh if I have time and its rainy outside maybe"

Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #71
Naite22
Side-Kick

So not gonna see this
Movie now.

If you haven't Checked out JeremyJahns review on youtube, do it! He absolutely kills it, lol.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #72
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have you seen the movie yet?
Nope, maybe this weekend, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And I watched the previous Transformer films the other week, they don't really get better with multiple viewings.
Few films do, even fewer that rely on a lot of comedy/gags and plot reveals.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #73
dpbrave84
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
I feel burnt out on this series, Like when the trailer hit during the super bowl I was just like "meh if I have time and its rainy outside maybe"
You know I think that's what's happening with this film, it's the fact that it's been done already ya know? People now a days want something new and exciting and being burnt out like you said is a perfect way to feel about this film.

Again not saying it was terrible I did enjoy it for what it was but in my opinion the series is done. I honestly think it should be left alone for a long while maybe 10 years of so and then have a fresh new start for it, or else it will turn into something like the resident evil franchise. A franchise which is terrible as a hole and people don't care much for it (outside of the first one).

This movie left things open for another follow up, but I do think this franchise needs a rest for a while.

dpbrave84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #74
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbrave84 View Post
You know I think that's what's happening with this film, it's the fact that it's been done already ya know? People now a days want something new and exciting and being burnt out like you said is a perfect way to feel about this film.
Pretty early for that conclusion imo. Not only have 'the people' not exactly spoken yet(the critics aren't doing anything new and the internet is always torn). But the biggest films of the past few years vs the 'disappointments' as far as audience turn out/reception might argue the opposite.

I mean pacific rim was relatively new and fresh...xmen being the biggest film of this summer thus far is isn't just 'another' xmen men in a long line but very much a return to what it used to be(see cast, director etc).

Hard to say really. I'm not certain the audience tends to speak to your point here. Then again, there was spiderman.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #75
Supernova
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbrave84 View Post

Again not saying it was terrible I did enjoy it for what it was but in my opinion the series is done. I honestly think it should be left alone for a long while maybe 10 years of so and then have a fresh new start for it, or else it will turn into something like the resident evil franchise. A franchise which is terrible as a hole and people don't care much for it (outside of the first one).

This movie left things open for another follow up, but I do think this franchise needs a rest for a while.

I felt the same way towards this like I felt towards the pirates movies. Its like ok weve seen your best tricks what else do you have for us and the 4th movie hits and you realize not much is left in the hat to pull out.

I wouldnt put this in there resident evil but its getting there with the stale factor and here we go again feel. I mean I truly thought bay was done with this franchise after the 3rd and then he did pain and gain and lead me to think ok michael is going in other directions but nah he went right back. I think though the more bay does these movies the more he will be viewed as the one trick poney he always gets labeled as instead of trying to branch out and try new things.

Can you imagine if spielberg did all the jaws movies?

Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote