The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:17 AM   #76
D.P.
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 64

As much as I appreciate what Nolan did for the genre, I kind of blame him for creating this new wave of fans who need explanations for every little thing.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #77
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
As much as I appreciate what Nolan did for the genre, I kind of blame him for creating this new wave of fans who need explanations for every little thing.
Nolan was the best thing that has happened to Warner Bros when it comes to the DC superheroes in many decades. I have nothing but love for his work. He's also a really nice person too.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #78
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
The irony of that situation is that even Nolan didn't explain every little thing.

\S/T*
Old 06-16-2014, 02:22 AM   #79
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
They were here long before he touched that franchise.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #80
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
The irony of that situation is that even Nolan didn't explain every little thing.
He didn't, but in terms of back story and justifying more fantastical elements he did.

I didn't need to know that Bruce gets his cowls in bulk from a shell company to minimize suspicion of him being Batman. I didn't need the military origin of his gadgets. I didn't need any of these things, but it was cool I suppose.

Seems that's what some people want for every CBM now.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #81
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nolan took the time to build a solid foundation and kept adding layers to it. He covered the basics and was very smart in how he went about his approach to Batman. Its why his films are among the finest examples ever seen in superhero film history.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:24 AM   #82
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like two out of the 3 Batfilms he made, but the problem is not Nolan or even his approach. It's the misinterpretation that so many of his admirers have for what he did, as well as a very limited understanding of the usefulness of the idea of "grounded/realistic" in a cinematic adaption of fantasy material.

Of course this all goes back to Donner's "verisimilitude" from the late 1970's. Which still had the fantasy elements, and a certain amount of "campy" humor in the mix.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:25 AM   #83
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I wonder if Flash and GL are going to be at least referenced in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (they could always give Billy Batson a Daily Planet tie-in) It would make a lot of sense to to so - then the cast will be complete....

That looks awful. They definitely need a second woman.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:26 AM   #84
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
What makes you say that?

Old 06-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #85
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Not sure if true, but from a source of mine, Henry will be doing a scene on June 16th, which is today! My source has not let me down yet, but, there's always a first. Just keep a look out for that new shinny Sups suit about and around in Michigan! �� Or maybe we see Clark??? Up in the air at this point!

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."

Last edited by EtherMagic; 06-16-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #86
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
These fans have been around since before Nolan.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-16-2014, 03:00 AM   #87
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Do they? Who do you suggest?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #88
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
What makes you say that?
I don't want to speak for him, but maybe it's because there's only one women on a team of 8 individuals. It's certainly not a gender balanced line-up. It doesn't help that the one women is wearing a swimsuit-esque costume while the rest wear full bodysuits.

\S/T*
Old 06-16-2014, 03:07 AM   #89
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
I don't want to speak for him, but maybe it's because there's only one women on a team of 8 individuals. It's certainly not a gender balanced line-up. It doesn't help that the one women is wearing a swimsuit-esque costume while the rest wear full bodysuits.
But then I wouldn't want there to be another woman just for the sake of adding another woman. She would have to be a character that justifies one of the others getting the shaft.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 AM   #90
D.P.
Banned User

I don't think they should pander to any particular demographic just to satisfy political correctness.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:16 AM   #91
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
But then I wouldn't want there to be another woman just for the sake of adding another woman. She would have to be a character that justifies one of the others getting the shaft.
I do think making the team just a bit less male-dominated is worth some consideration simply for the sake it of, but yes, if they only want a certain amount of team members, they will have to pick who they think would make the most interesting team. A case could made for a number of characters since who is more worthy of a spot varies with opinions of the characters. I'd like to see Hawkgirl on the team, but I'm not sure who I would kick out to make room for her.

\S/T*
Old 06-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #92
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I don't think they should pander to any particular demographic just to satisfy political correctness.
Isn't avoiding doing anything with political correctness in mind just pandering to the people who don't care for political correctness?

\S/T*
Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 AM   #93
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
I do think making the team just a bit less male-dominated is worth some consideration simply for the sake it of, but yes, if they only want a certain amount of team members, they will have to pick who they think would make the most interesting team..
They could use Halle Jordan. Problem solved.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-16-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 AM   #94
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Quote:
He didn't, but in terms of back story and justifying more fantastical elements he did.

I didn't need to know that Bruce gets his cowls in bulk from a shell company to minimize suspicion of him being Batman. I didn't need the military origin of his gadgets. I didn't need any of these things, but it was cool I suppose.

Seems that's what some people want for every CBM now.
I'm with ya 100%....I don't need to know all that ****. It takes away from the mystery of certain characters for me

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-16-2014, 04:00 AM   #95
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Not sure if true, but from a source of mine, Henry will be doing a scene on June 16th, which is today! My source has not let me down yet, but, there's always a first. Just keep a look out for that new shinny Sups suit about and around in Michigan! Or maybe we see Clark??? Up in the air at this point!
Thanks for the information EtherMagic! Much appreciated.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:05 AM   #96
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Isn't avoiding doing anything with political correctness in mind just pandering to the people who don't care for political correctness?

No, it's not pandering to anyone, it's keeping the classic iteration of the team intact instead of trying to meet a quota and please everybody.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #97
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Lantern View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Are you a mod?

When someone asks you "Are you a mod?" you say YES!
Oooohhh, you deserve a for that

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 AM   #98
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I've often wondered at times on who would be a good female member to enlist within the main roster with Wonder Woman on a live action JL film. I mean should they just go with Hawkgirl like in the JL series? Or go with someone else, like maybe Black Canary? Zatanna?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:12 AM   #99
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'd be more excited for Hawkgirl, just because I know I could get my Black Canary/Zatanna fill on Arrow/Constantine.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #100
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

No, it's not pandering to anyone, it's keeping the classic iteration of the team intact instead of trying to meet a quota and please everybody.
That doesn't make much sense though. Some people care about having a more gender balanced team and some don't. If they chose to just stick with the usual and ignore that fact that some care about gender and race representation, they're only pleasing the group that wants to stick to the classics. My point is that making a movie to appeal to either side could be considered pandering.

\S/T*
Closed Thread