The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #26
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 65

Going back to Supergirl...what if she hasn't been wandering the Earth for a long time. What if Earth is being watched by cosmic entities...what if she was grabbed by Desaad and trained to become a Fury...then we could have a take on that Batman/Superman story and have a reason for Darkseid coming to Earth...to grab Superman...without trying to make Lex his lackey.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 AM   #27
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Going back to Supergirl...what if she hasn't been wandering the Earth for a long time. What if Earth is being watched by cosmic entities...what if she was grabbed by Desaad and trained to become a Fury...then we could have a take on that Batman/Superman story and have a reason for Darkseid coming to Earth...to grab Superman...without trying to make Lex his lackey.
Since a Flash/GL movie is planned its a pretty good bet that Earth is being watched by cosmic entities. Just the emergence of so many heroes in such a short time would be noticed by aliens.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #28
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Obviously. But I'm talking about over defensive Snyder fans, not his overzealous haters, which aren't as legion as people might want to believe.
I don't know, I tend to think his haters are far more vocal about their opinions as opposed to his fans.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #29
Rorschach2012
$

As far as Snyder goes, I'm in the middle. I'm not his biggest fan in the world, and I don't think he's made a truly great movie yet. (300 is my favorite movie of his) BUT the guy has clearly displayed a knack for big epic genre franchises like the DCU, i really don't think we should be complaining. He's one of the best choices to direct a comic book movie....We're lucky that we've got this guy.

From a visual standpoint, he won't let any of us down.. the script may be the problem, but ultimately, the script will be the only thing that can bring this film down. I have faith in Terrio though. The script for MOS was unsatisfactory IMO, BvS is going to surely have to be a step up in quality if WB wants to ensure DC's film success for the future. So I really think it comes down to Goyer and Terrio here, Snyder's visuals won't disappoint, and I have confidence in the way he's cast everyone, i've never had a problem with anyone's acting in any of Snyder's films.

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 06-17-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #30
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Arya- View Post
Okay I can agree with that, but I tend to think his haters are far more vocal about their opinions as opposed to his fans.
The whole haters argument is so tired. I mean seriously, in the year 2014 people are still using labels? Just because somebody doesnt like something that doesnt make them a hater.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #31
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Oh sh- that's an awesome idea! You could even introduce Supergirl as an antagonist in Justice League!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #32
Travesty
Dats right!

Quote:
I don't know, I tend to think his haters are far more vocal about their opinions as opposed to his fans.
Oh yeah, I see far more hate than praise/defense towards the guy.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #33
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Since a Flash/GL movie is planned its a pretty good bet that Earth is being watched by cosmic entities. Just the emergence of so many heroes in such a short time would be noticed by aliens.
I'm still trying to think of how the story for that would go, and who would be the villains...

Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #34
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
From a visual standpoint, he won't let any of us down.. the script may be the problem, but ultimately, the script will be the only thing that can bring this film down.
Sure the script will be enormously important but so are the actors and the director and its up to the director to get those performances out of the actors - that's where Snyder often falls flat.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #35
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Quote:
The whole haters argument is so tired. I mean seriously, in the year 2014 people are still using labels? Just because somebody doesnt like something that doesnt make them a hater.
It isn't tired actually. Many people who voice their criticisms of MOS have also criticized Snyder as being an immature 12 year old boy who is only capable of providing eye candy. If that isn't some form animosity towards the man, I don't know what is.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #36
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
It isn't tired actually. Many people who voice their criticisms of MOS have also criticized Snyder as being an immature 12 year old boy who is only capable of providing eye candy. If that isn't some form animosity towards the man, I don't know what is.
There are some who dont like Snyder on a personal level (sometimes a result of his foot in mouth when it comes to interviews). So sure, there is some of that but I like people who focus upon the body of work. That's what matters. And like I have said so many times on the web, if people dont like somebody or 'something' then dont watch it, read it. Its kinda simple.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #37
roach
I am the night

Quote:
The thing is there is a way to hate something and not completely be a douche about it. When a person comes into a thread and injects a conversation with something no one was even talking about....that's being a hater.
Example:
Poster one: "I hope Wonder Woman can fly in this movie."
Douche Poster: " Wonder Woman won't fly because Snyder sucks and MOS sucked and WB sucked and New 52 sucked."

That get's bothersome for many people after a time.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #38
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
The thing is there is a way to hate something and not completely be a douche about it. When a person comes into a thread and injects a conversation with something no one was even talking about....that's being a hater.
Example:
Poster one: "I hope Wonder Woman can fly in this movie."
Douche Poster: " Wonder Woman won't fly because Snyder sucks and MOS sucked and WB sucked and New 52 sucked."

That get's bothersome for many people after a time.
But if its bothersome why read it? Isnt there an ignore feature?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #39
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sure the script will be enormously important but so are the actors and the director and its up to the director to get those performances out of the actors - that's where Snyder often falls flat.

Not in my eyes but that's me. The only film I haven't cared for of his is Sucker punch and that wasn't its problem. Then again I feel this sort of thing is more subjective than folks will admit because I've felt the same way about other performances and directors and lots of people have disagree. Its kept me from assuming other folks just aren't perceptive.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #40
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Avoiding the haters/lovers argument...

Who do you think can play Supergirl? my hopes would be someone like Brit Marling.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #41
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Quoted for truth. It's been almost a year since MOS was released and people are still on here daily going on and on about how much they hated it, how much Snyder stinks, how "wooden and dull" Cavill was, etc...

It get's tiresome. If I hated a movie, you know what? I forget about it and try not to think about it anymore. I certainly don't seek out a forum to harp on how much I hated it.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #42
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'm still trying to think of how the story for that would go, and who would be the villains...
I like to think that the Guardians would make good villains. Also another thing I am curious about is that maybe there were more Kryptonians who survived, and they came to Earth angry that this 'Superman' is serving mankind (and even killed one of his own.) That would be kinda cool too.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #43
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I feel like Snyder is good to have as far as been a fan. He is a fanboy himself and I would trust a director who's a fan more than someone who isn't.

Like with Spider-Man, we've hear mutliple times that Raimi is a big Spider-Man fan. He grew up on the early Stan comics and it's his favorite superhero and he treated the character respectfully. With Webb I don't hear stories of him growing up as a Spidey fan like I hear with Raimi.

At the opposite side, Singer never really knew the X-Men nor wanted comics on the set of the films. As far as his films, they are good films but they aren't good X-Men films. The most X-Meny is DOFP to me. Burton isn't a comics fan but he made 2 great Batman films and understood the character.

With Snyder; my problems with him is he isn't a good storyteller, he over does it with the action at times, and he's more CGI than practical.

I would have preferred del Toro with any CBM film personally. I think Snyder needs to improve in some areas.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
But if its bothersome why read it? Isnt there an ignore feature?
I you don't like something, why comment on it daily for the next year?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #45
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I feel like Snyder is good to have as far as been a fan. He is a fanboy himself and I would trust a director who's a fan more than someone who isn't.

Like with Spider-Man, we've hear mutliple times that Raimi is a big Spider-Man fan. He grew up on the early Stan comics and it's his favorite superhero and he treated the character respectfully. With Webb I don't hear stories of him growing up as a Spidey fan like I hear with Raimi.

At the opposite side, Singer never really knew the X-Men nor wanted comics on the set of the films. As far as his films, they are good films but they aren't good X-Men films. The most X-Meny is DOFP to me. Burton isn't a comics fan but he made 2 great Batman films and understood the character.

With Snyder; my problems with him is he isn't a good storyteller, he over does it with the action at times, and he's more CGI than practical.

I would have preferred del Toro with any CBM film personally. I think Snyder needs to improve in some areas.
Singer was a miss when it comes to SR. That's the problem with too many people in Hollywood - they think all it takes is some pretty faces and some big-scale action to make a blockbuster but it really comes down to much more than that - and chemistry between the actors is something I'm always looking for when it comes to film.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #46
roach
I am the night

I never understood why being more CGI than practical is a knock against a director. CGI and practicals are tools to be used....like a hammer or a screwdriver. Sometimes a hammer works...some times a screwdriver. The wisdom is know when to use them.
In MOS Snyder used practicals...mostly CGI.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #47
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

In case anyone's wondering, Man of Steel is on some HBO type channel. This is probably the 35th time my brother has watched it.

Sigh.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #48
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Singer was a miss when it comes to SR. That's the problem with too many people in Hollywood - they think all it takes is some pretty faces and some big-scale action to make a blockbuster but it really comes down to much more than that - and chemistry between the actors is something I'm always looking for when it comes to film.
I don't think he was a miss honestly, I think it's just the story they were telling was an expected one.

It takes place after Superman 2. Superman searching for Krypton, Lex returns, blah blah blah blah.

Only thing I didn't like was the kid. I hear in the sequel, Brainiac or Darkseid would have been the villain. I would have been for that.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #49
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I don't think he was a miss honestly, I think it's just the story they were telling was an expected one.

It takes place after Superman 2. Superman searching for Krypton, Lex returns, blah blah blah blah.

Only thing I didn't like was the kid. I hear in the sequel, Brainiac or Darkseid would have been the villain. I would have been for that.
Maybe if SR started with Brainiac or Darkseid

Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #50
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
I never understood why being more CGI than practical is a knock against a director. CGI and practicals are tools to be used....like a hammer or a screwdriver. Sometimes a hammer works...some times a screwdriver. The wisdom is know when to use them.
In MOS Snyder used practicals...mostly CGI.
I just prefer practical. I grew up a huge Star Wars fan and I love how much practical effects went into the OT. Watching the prequels, the greenscreens look bad and stuff.

Also loved how Jurassic Park was practical. Del Toro uses a lot of practical effects in the Hellboy films and I love it. Nolan used a lot.

I just prefer practical over CGI. There were places they needed it and some they didn't.