The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 65

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 64

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
A confrontation is inevitable. There's too much history to ignore.
If there is physical confrontation, I hope it's limited just like in the World's Finest episodes in Superman:TAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
none whatsoever? Why? Isn't that the point of a Batman V Superman movie? Otherwise they'd just call it Batman/Superman or Worlds finest.
I still think things should go into Superman wanting to stop Batman, but Batman tricks him into cooperating with him instead of fighting him, events roll by with them coming to an understanding instead of Superman wanting to arrest him again

Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
If there is physical confrontation, I hope it's limited just like in the World's Finest episodes in Superman:TAS

I still think things should go into Superman wanting to stop Batman, but Batman tricks him into cooperating with him instead of fighting him, events roll by with them coming to an understanding instead of Superman wanting to arrest him again
No offence, but i think if there isn't an actual full on physical conflict between the two, a large large part of the paying audience is going to be real disappointed. Especially considering Snyder actually set the mood for this whole thing with the famous DKR line.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Batman and Superman coming together is akin to a clash between titans, and rightfully so. However, as we all know, they will need to put their differences aside to battle a common threat by the film's end, which is what I'm most excited for.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Snyder spoke of the nature of the conflict between the two iconic superheroes in his forthcoming movie. "The fun of the idea is to be able to play with that relationship," said Snyder. "Whether they fight and become friends, or whether they're friends and they fight. … Of course, some physical conflicts [will be involved]."

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
No offence, but i think if there isn't an actual full on physical conflict between the two, a large large part of the paying audience is going to be real disappointed. Especially considering Snyder actually set the mood for this whole thing with the famous DKR line.
It reminds me how painful it's going to be to avoid the marketing. No doubt they'll be teasing the standoffs and short glimpses of their actual fight. Considering how long I've waited for this, I wouldn't want it spoiled in tv spots or trailers.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I'm with you! As long as the confrontation is a minute long, then everything will be fine.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 06-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #9
WBwins
Side-Kick

The movie is Batman Vs Superman not Worlds finest.Its gonna be movie long conflict between the two only to be resolved in the end.Get this clear to avoid disppiontment

Old 06-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I'm with you! As long as the confrontation is a minute long, then everything will be fine.
A one minute death match

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBwins View Post
The movie is Batman Vs Superman not Worlds finest.Its gonna be movie long conflict between the two only to be resolved in the end.Get this clear to avoid disppiontment
I agree

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #12
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
A one minute death match
A minute can be a lifetime for an alien that can move faster than bullet.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 06-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #13
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
I don't know about "movie long" but there is going to be conflict, a resolution, and then a team up to battle the real threat(s). At least, that is how I hope it goes...

Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #14
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
I don't know about "movie long" but there is going to be conflict, a resolution, and then a team up to battle the real threat(s). At least, that is how I hope it goes...
This is how its going to go down

Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I'm ok with Tao as Mercy. Liked her in The Wolverine.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This is how its going to go down

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #17
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I'm ok with Tao as Mercy. Liked her in The Wolverine.
I'm okay with that too. I could buy her as an Amazon too given the way Gal Gadot is/was similarly built. Tao Okamoto was announced pretty early on, I'm thinking maybe Tao's Amazon character leaves Themyscira and Tao's character can be what initially brings Wonder Woman to Metropolis. Maybe Tao's character isn't called Mercy, but she can serve that role. Maybe the villains here are Lex, the Mercy-like character, and Callan Mulvey as Metallo.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #18
WBwins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
Of course itsll go like that.The issue is I see people expecting the conflict to be wrapped up quickly and then TEAMUP for most of the movie.Whereas judging from the title-Its the other way around.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Part of me feels if Batman and Superman have to fight, I really hope they go the Hush way.

Just to remind everyone how awesome Loeb's writing for it and Jim Lee's art for that fight is as well as the scene itself. Damn I wish we could have a live action Hush film.

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #20
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 06-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #21
fake
Side-Kick

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet. But I remembered where I had seen the "Lex Luthor chugs energy drinks all day" came from. It is from Action Comics #2 and Grant Morrison's description of Lex (unless we have moved on from that discussion in the past 20 pages.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I like how his Lex sounds, more and more with each new detail:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/06/18...s-assistant-m/

Quote:
According to our source, Lex Luthor does indeed have long blonde hair. However, our source indicates describing his look as Kurt Cobain might be a stretch, because while the hair matches, the wardrobe does not. Our source describes his hair as “a long straight surfer mop.”

Our source also indicates the reports of Holly Hunter playing a U.S. Senator are accurate. Furthermore, our source added that Hunter’s character is visiting LexCorp with a congressman (played by an as of yet unidentified actor). In one scene, Lex has an interaction with the congressman, where Lex seems “to embarrass or be very disrespectful to the congressmen on his way out.”

In a piece of new information that we haven’t seen reported elsewhere yet, our source indicated that Japanese actress Tao Okamoto is playing Lex Luthor’s assistant, who is named “Mercy.” In the comic books and Superman animated series, Mercy Graves is Lex’s personal assistant and body guard, where she is portrayed as highly intelligent and experienced in hand-to-hand combat. Tao Okamoto previously appeared as Mariko Yashida in 2013′s The Wolverine.

Our source also offered that they felt that Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice’s interpretation of Lex Luthor is much better than it might sound from initial descriptions, describing him as “a slimy businessman we can all despise.” Our source indicated, “You are going to hate this guy. You are going to root for him to be punched by Supes when he weasels his way out of legal trouble. He is cocky and confident because he is THAT good at what he does. He's a billionaire who knows he is more powerful than the Senator and Congressman visiting because he's a billionaire.”

Our source also indicated that Lex’s security force at LexCorp ranged from mall cop to SWAT force type security. In regards to LexCorp, our source indicated, “This is a high tech mega billion company with a shiny veneer. It's Apple/Google, colorful and consumer friendly public image but serious potential for Lex's deviousness.”

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #23
TheNextNolan22
Dangerously

Drink for every time they mention "our source."

But seriously, I am liking what I'm hearing.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #24
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Of course itsll go like that.The issue is I see people expecting the conflict to be wrapped up quickly and then TEAMUP for most of the movie.Whereas judging from the title-Its the other way around.
So we all agree that this is how it will go down. The only issue is how far into the movie the team up will happen. I'm going to say halfway to 2/3rds through that they will team up.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #25
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

My source says Lawrence Fishburne may be in the film.

That's a big time actor. Wonder who he will be playing? Probably a major role. I'm saying he's Darkseid.

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Closed Thread