The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #26
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet. But I remembered where I had seen the "Lex Luthor chugs energy drinks all day" came from. It is from Action Comics #2 and Grant Morrison's description of Lex (unless we have moved on from that discussion in the past 20 pages.

and to piggyback on that...In All Star Superman a character named Leo Quintum is introduced who many believe is Lex from the future...what does he look like?
Long blonde hair...

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #27
WBwins
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
So we all agree that this is how it will go down. The only issue is how far into the movie the team up will happen. I'm going to say halfway to 2/3rds through that they will team up.
2/3rd in my estimation.Last 3rd of the fill will have the Teamup

Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #28
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The only thing I'm wondering is if they'll go for more of a downer, cliffhanger sort of ending where not everything is peachy between Batman and Superman and they still have some issues to resolve going into Justice League. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them fighting twice in this movie, once in the middle and again at the end AFTER they've neutralized the big threat together. Having two fights with two different outcomes could be one way of attempting to appease each characters' fans.

Basically, like Snyder said there's a number of ways they could play it and I guess that's part of the fun of the movie. People needn't be so uptight about them fighting. We all know where it's eventually going, might as well play up their conflict as much as possible in this film so it means something when they eventually partner up.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #29
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBwins View Post
2/3rd in my estimation.Last 3rd of the fill will have the Teamup
I can go with that. In the first 2/3rds BM and SM have a couple of encounters (once in costume and once as BW and CK). In the "costumed" one, BM narrowly escapes the fight and earns SM's respect. About 2/3rds of the way in, they meet again and discover the real threat, decide to team up, and take the bad guys down. I think WW may have a role in bringing the team together also, just not sure how she'll fit in.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #30
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The only thing I'm wondering is if they'll go for more of a downer, cliffhanger sort of ending where not everything is peachy between Batman and Superman and they still have some issues to resolve going into Justice League. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them fighting twice in this movie, once in the middle and again at the end AFTER they've neutralized the big threat together. Having two fights with two different outcomes could be one way of attempting to appease each characters' fans.
Hmmmm... That is an interesting idea. The "two fights" I mean. I understand that they might feel the need to appease both hero's fans but I'm not sure I like the idea of there still being a conflict between them by the end of the movie with JL, and presumably an even bigger bad guy, on the way.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #31
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I am down with Tao as Mercy .
Sounds like it might be based on the original character but not an exact interpretation , but that is okay.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
Rorschach2012
$

I'd like it if we have three physical villains.. Powersuit Lex, Amazon Mercy Graves, Metallo (Mulvey)

That or Lex and Doomsday

Old 06-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #33
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

From the get go i assumed Tao would be a Mercy like character so I am good with that as well if true

Old 06-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #34
Marvin
Side-Kick

if true, hello international market boost.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #35
Frodo
Side-Kick

I'm totally down with Tao as Mercy...then again i'm a bit taken with her, so I might be biased.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #36
Rorschach2012
$

Mercy could be why Wonder Woman is in Metropolis

Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #37
WBwins
Side-Kick

In my Imaginary plot for BVS,the main conflict is around DNAliens-a bunch of Psychic monster men attacking humans.They created by some diaboloical genetic experiments during the cold war and though they were imprisoned have now broken out.
Batman believes they should be put down,this monsters have caused terrible loss of life.

Superman however realizes that the DNAliens are trying to cure themselves of their monstrous Nature.They cant help what they are. Superman chooses to protect the DNALiens and help them in their search for a cure.This puts him at odds with the Government and Batman who suspect him being under mindcontrol.

So we have Superman vs Batman fighting over the fate of the DNAliens.And Lex in the background maneuvring this two to battle it out al to help further his plans.Lex doesnt want the DNAliens destroyed or cured-wants them under his control.

In a shocking twist we dicover that Superman/Batman had actually resolved their differences earlier in the movie and decided to continue pretending to be enemies all to lure Lex into a trap.Turns out Lex has the cure for the DNAliens and so our heroes use iton the DNAliens.The day is saved and Lex is caught.

But all is not well-you see the DNAliens are actually abducted Atlanteans and Amazons which have been warped by evil experiments by Humans.This has pissed off the People of Atlamtis and Themyscira and now they come to make humans pay.Time for Justice League

Last edited by WBwins; 06-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #38
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I wouldn't mind if Wonder Woman is in Metropolis because of Mercy. Totally would be down for that.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #39
Marvin
Side-Kick

Would rather they keep the character motivations simpler and less web like and all over the place. For example, 'they are all in metropolis' for the same reason.

2 years is a long time though. I'm supposing it's well past the, 'they are they to get the dirt on superman/incident' angle.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #40
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

I wonder where the "Oh come on give him a chance, he'll shave his head and look fine" people go?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #41
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBwins View Post
In my Imaginary plot for BVS,the main conflict is around DNAliens-a bunch of Psychic monster men attacking humans.They created by some diaboloical genetic experiments during the cold war and though they were imprisoned have now broken out.
Batman believes they should be put down,this monsters have caused terrible loss of life.

Superman however realizes that the DNAliens are trying to cure themselves of their monstrous Nature.They cant help what they are. Superman chooses to protect the DNALiens and help them in their search for a cure.This puts him at odds with the Government and Batman who suspect him being under mindcontrol.

So we have Superman vs Batman fighting over the fate of the DNAliens.And Lex in the background maneuvring this two to battle it out al to help further his plans.Lex doesnt want the DNAliens destroyed or cured-wants them under his control.

In a shocking twist we dicover that Superman/Batman had actually resolved their differences earlier in the movie and decided to continue pretending to be enemies all to lure Lex into a trap.Turns out Lex has the cure for the DNAliens and so our heroes use iton the DNAliens.The day is saved and Lex is caught.

But all is not well-you see the DNAliens are actually abducted Atlanteans and Amazons which have been warped by evil experiments by Humans.This has pissed off the People of Atlamtis and Themyscira and now they come to make humans pay.Time for Justice League

Thank God you are not in charge of the story for this film.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #42
Travesty
TEOL

I'm still banking on that Lex-fro.

Gots to have dat Lex-fro.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #43
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Here's the plot.

*Batman isn't sure Superman can be trusted
*Superman is the protector of Metropolis
*Bruce and Lex does business
*Lex hates Superman and turns the public against him
*football game including Cyborg
*Batman and Superman fight
*Wonder Woman is involved looking for something (perhaps Mercy)
*Lex builds Doomsday or Metallo

That's all I got for now.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Old 06-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #44
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

That lex sounds like evil tony stark to me. (humiliating a congressmen in public, basket ball court in his office.) I dont really want him being that flamboyant. his sinister is in his subtlety.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
Beige Lantern
Banned User

Quote:
Our source also offered that they felt that Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice’s interpretation of Lex Luthor is much better than it might sound from initial descriptions, describing him as “a slimy businessman we can all despise.” Our source indicated, “You are going to hate this guy. You are going to root for him to be punched by Supes when he weasels his way out of legal trouble. He is cocky and confident because he is THAT good at what he does. He's a billionaire who knows he is more powerful than the Senator and Congressman visiting because he's a billionaire.”

Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #46
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Here's the plot.

*Batman isn't sure Superman can be trusted
*Superman is the protector of Metropolis
*Bruce and Lex does business
*Lex hates Superman and turns the public against him
*football game including Cyborg
*Batman and Superman fight
*Wonder Woman is involved looking for something (perhaps Mercy)
*Lex builds Doomsday or Metallo

That's all I got for now.
my money is on metallo in that he is a threat to superman, but batman, who isnt vulnerable to kryptonite, can still realistically take him down if metallo's strength and indulgence have realistic limits. (think kyle reese vs t800 at the end of first terminator) where as if doomsday is the "boss villain" batman will be useless in combat. he'd be reduced to advice giving, like alfred and oracle in the arkham games.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #47
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Lantern View Post
he better not say anything this dickish in the real film, or I'm returning it to redbox on the spot.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #48
Beige Lantern
Banned User

Ah man... I posted that wit Scatterax around. Round 2 here we come!

Old 06-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #49
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

When tony stark says stuff like that it's funny because he doesnt take himself too seriously. but you know lex takes himself way too seriously. it'd be grading to watch Jesse try to be evil tony.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #50
Loki882
Side-Kick

Lex IS arrogant enough to say something like that. DCAU Lex said similar things quite frequently for instance.

Closed Thread