The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I wonder where the "Oh come on give him a chance, he'll shave his head and look fine" people go?
They have probably shifted into the, "he'll get there at some point during the narrative" line of thinking. Given the self absorbed narcissism inherent to the character, giving him golden locks then taken them away....kinda writes itself.

Or perhaps these people have come to the more obvious conclusion, that of: Aquaman doesn't need blonde hair, and Lex doesn't need to be bald. Not really. Not in a post TDKT world.

Save the superficial requirements for the Wondy or ninja turtle threads.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #52
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 66

I wonder if Tao is a mixture of Mercy and Hope from Azzarello's Luthor. I just get the Hope vibe from Tao for some reason.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #53
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
he better not say anything this dickish in the real film, or I'm returning it to redbox on the spot.
I know I'm probably going to regret this but:

What is wrong with what Lex said in that photo manip? I would expect him to say something like that.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
Nightwing1
Side-Kick

Last edited by Nightwing1; 06-18-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #55
Nightwing1
Side-Kick

Does anyone else but me think that Tao as Mercy pretty much confirms Mulvey is playing John Corben?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #56
zryson
Side-Kick

I have mixed feelings about Batman Unlimited which got a preview at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo. I remember seeing the toy line awhile back at stores for Batman Unlimited and they are pretty ugly and cheap looking. So another animated Batman series? Hopefully its better than the last one (Beware The Batman which was a massive failure.)

Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #57
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

WOW these are awesome tributes to Bats & Sups 75th (Batman's is really good, Sups is good but it could've been better)
BATMAN
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Superman
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #58
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaplessHenchman View Post
I know I'm probably going to regret this but:

What is wrong with what Lex said in that photo manip? I would expect him to say something like that.
It's more how it will sound coming out of the actors mouth. delivery is everything with lex, and i'm not at all confident Jesse's ability to come off as anything but whiney.

also, there's a fine line between clever and cheesy when it comes to lines like that. that line was cheesy. "grab a bag on the way out" I hope the writer's put more effort into lex's lines than that.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 06-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #59
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Here's the plot.

*Batman isn't sure Superman can be trusted
*Superman is the protector of Metropolis
*Bruce and Lex does business
*Lex hates Superman and turns the public against him
*football game including Cyborg
*Batman and Superman fight
*Wonder Woman is involved looking for something (perhaps Mercy)
*Lex builds Doomsday or Metallo

That's all I got for now.
My money's on Lex creating Metallo, which means Kryptonite will be introduced.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #60
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's more how it will sound coming out of the actors mouth. delivery is everything with lex, and i'm not at all confident Jesse's ability to come off as anything but whiney.

also, there's a fine line between clever and cheesy when it comes to lines like that. that line was cheesy. "grab a bag on the way out" I hope the writer's put more effort into lex's lines than that.
I hope Terrio was able to work some of his magic on the story too. Because wow, some of the new details just sound horrible.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #61
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I really enjoyed Tao's performance in the wolverine. I would kind of be sad to see her play a villain.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #62
zryson
Side-Kick

So Forbes did a new article, saying Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice could move to April 2016. I'm pretty sure the month scheduled (May 2016) wont happen and it will move to either April or July in 2016.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #63
Bam-Bam
Side-Kick

Quote:
That lex sounds like evil tony stark to me. (humiliating a congressmen in public, basket ball court in his office.) I dont really want him being that flamboyant. his sinister is in his subtlety.
Someone in this film is gonna have to have a big personality and subtle humor, like what the Joker brought to TDK.

Neither Bruce or Clark are gonna bring much humor to the movie, so the humor is gonna have to come from somewhere.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #64
shauner111
Side-Kick

I thought she was quite boring in Wolverine (she was the love interest right?).

Maybe Alfred will bring some humor.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #65
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam-Bam View Post
Someone in this film is gonna have to have a big personality and subtle humor, like what the Joker brought to TDK.

Neither Bruce or Clark are gonna bring much humor to the movie, so the humor is gonna have to come from somewhere.
where did it come from in MoS?

and lex isnt joker. he shouldn't even pretend to be joker.

Can't the humor come from the clark/daily planet stuff?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #66
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I thought she was quite boring in Wolverine (she was the love interest right?).

Maybe Alfred will bring some humor.
right. that's what the heroe's side characters are for, to an extent. use them, not the villain for humor. lex is only good when you can take him seriously. see superman returns for lex played for humor.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #67
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

so I guess everyone has to photoshop blonde mops on all their luthor manips now?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #68
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:

Having some humor does not = being the Joker.

Let's not act like Lex has never had a bit of humor ever before and that the idea of Lex causing the audience to chuckle a time or two is pure blasphemy.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #69
Beige Lantern
Banned User

Y'know, I'm thinking of another Luthor-like character who started with a lot of hair and eventually became bald...

Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #70
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think there should be some humor but considering how much is riding on the success of this new movie, I hope if there are laughs, they are genuinely funny and not contrived in nature.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #71
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam-Bam View Post

I'd love to see Batman and Superman go back and forth once they establish a partnership. I think they can both be funny (without going over the top or acting out of character) when they want to be.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #72
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think the problem with humor and lex, when it comes to films, is that the character hasn't had much luck with that dept and is infamously known for his campy portrayals.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #73
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I'd love to see Batman and Superman go back and forth once they establish a partnership. I think they can both be funny (without going over the top or acting out of character) when they want to be.
If the script is really good, and the movie is character driven, I think some humor could work but its always risky introducing that into superhero movies. I'd rather there not be humor by Superman or Batman but other characters, like some of the supporting cast. Alfred would be a good character to use for something like that - sort of a dry humor.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #74
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think the problem with humor and lex, when it comes to films, is that the character hasn't had much luck with that dept and is infamously known for his campy portrayals.
Yeah, the Gene Hackman Lex was pretty campy. Unfortunately, he is probably the one most non-comic book people think of when they hear the name Lex Luthor.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #75
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
If the script is really good, and the movie is character driven, I think some humor could work but its always risky introducing that into superhero movies.
It worked for DOFP.

I've always thought Superman should be funny. He shouldn't be cracking jokes every minute, or even in every scene, but he shouldn't be completely joyless either. I picture him as a very relaxed person.

And before anyone says anything, that wasn't a shot at MOS.

As for Batman: he should definitely be the more serious and uptight of the two, but I think he should also possess a dry wit. One or two appropriately timed one liners (that are bitingly sarcastic) would be great.

Quote:
I'd rather there not be humor by Superman or Batman but other characters, like some of the supporting cast.
I get that, but I feel like it'd be a missed opportunity.

Quote:
Alfred would be a good character to use for something like that - sort of a dry humor.
Agreed.

Closed Thread