The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #26
Tempest
....What?

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 3

I don't know who the memorial is for...it looks like there's dress military or police uniforms, so I assume that this is for fallen first responders.

Or it could be for Superman. Although I feel it's a little early for him to die in this series, I could see how it would work. Luthor stirs the pot in making people distrust Superman, Superman throws down with the big bad, and kills/imprisons him, but at the cost of his own life. Everyone is kind of bummed, when they see how great a guy Supes is, and then they're really sorry when some other big bad shows up, and Superman is needed to help save the world. Then Superman can return, or someone who seems to be Superman, at any rate. Etc., etc.

We don't need a bunch of movies to show us how much people love Superman...and maybe the point of Superman's death would be for people to realize how important he's become in their lives.

It could work.

A Christmas Card featuring a Suspicious Sort. Look closely, and you'll note that he was nowhere near the place, nor indeed was he near any place at any time.

T.H.E.M.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #27
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Have you seen this. Again we haven't seen that much. but it's clearly a location outside, like they did on Smallville...
here are some examples...

The CGI IMO is for the scene of the statue or for something to complement the background where they are filming.
To be honest, I really thought that they were just in the Studio's parking lot and that the extras were just getting ready to approach the green screen stage.lol

I can only assume that the reason why they're doing this outside as opposed to a indoor stage is because they want to utilize real exterior lighting.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #28
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

I'm not seeing it in that way... I'm seeing it as they did on Smallville, they did use Green Screen also. notice the vehicles gotham and metropolis, those aren't for parking, they are using them for filming along with the cars, it's the whole background.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #29
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Didn't a few members on here from the Detroit area comment on how massive the sets are?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #30
John-An

Indeed.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 AM   #31
John-An

Last edited by John-An; 06-26-2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:13 AM   #32
fake
Side-Kick

The production planning has been amazing. They have been filming for 3-4 weeks now, and apart from Gadot walking to a limo, not one picture of the main cast on set or in costume has surfaced. Looks like we may have to wait for SDCC for the full reveal.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 AM   #33
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Snyder definitely mapped out this filming schedule well.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #34
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Agreed..and while I'm thankful that he at least gave us our first look at Ben's Batman...given on how we have yet to get any shots or reports about Ben being seen filmed as Batman for the film..I wonder why he felt the need to reveal it so early when he's been able to keep the main cast shielded from spy photos.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:04 AM   #35
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Story wise I don't want to believe they are doing any kind of Death of Superman gloss. However, outside of some fake out to expose Luthor by Supes and Batd, I cannot come up with an alternative idea. I know, it could mean other things, story wise, and out of context we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I just have a hard time thinking up anything else.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #36
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

giant Superman statue + crowd in formal/ somber attire + full media coverage = "Death of Superman" anxiety

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 06-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

It's not that a DoS story couldn't work, especially as a lead up to a JL film... But it would have to be done really, really well. The degree of difficulty is high considering this version of Superman has one film under it's belt.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #38
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Gotta be honest, the one thing that struck me the most is how (seemingly) few people there are. For a "funeral", this was a poor turnout.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #39
MrsKent26
Whatever.

"Death of Superman" doesn't seem like a good idea at this time, but I guess I could still end up liking it depending on how they do it.

\S/T*
Old 06-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #40
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It's not that a DoS story couldn't work, especially as a lead up to a JL film... But it would have to be done really, really well. The degree of difficulty is high considering this version of Superman has one film under it's belt.
exactly. trying to set my personal feelings aside about any DOS concept (i was never a fan of it sshhh) this feels too soon, i mean MOS ended in a upbeat note. im kinda expecting a build-up as the plot progresses, not a wind down.

unless of course this is part of some plot twist?..... we have the BvS plot as is expected of a sequel film then just when the big send off at the end draws near-- BAM! Supes bites the proverbial bullet.

i wonder if thats the significance of Wonder Woman in the story : miraculous healing, access to souls departed-- thats her turf.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 06-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #41
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Gotta be honest, the one thing that struck me the most is how (seemingly) few people there are. For a "funeral", this was a poor turnout.
they're up on a platform, they're probably only allowed a number of people. if the crowd is supposed to be more i guess they could CG the crowd in.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Old 06-26-2014, 04:05 AM   #42
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't see the big problem with Superman 'dying' in this film.

Captain America 'died' in his first film.

You know they'll show him in the last scene alive and well.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #43
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I am open to any possibilities, but I can't think of anything other than a ruse by Superman and Batman to account for a DoS gloss.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:24 AM   #44
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't see the big problem with Superman 'dying' in this film.

Captain America 'died' in his first film.

You know they'll show him in the last scene alive and well.
Well that's kinda expected of Capsicle because how else can you bring him to present day while keeping Chris Evans?

thats why DOS ticked me off so much. it was clearly a publicity stunt. i know there was an attempt to do something new with the Superman franchise beyond Clark Kent but that kinda fell on its face.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Old 06-26-2014, 05:04 AM   #45
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Maybe Superman is just "presumed dead" by the public....perhaps he's lying low, under the aid of Batman who probably has realized that Superman isn't a thread like he once viewed him as by this time.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Maybe Superman is just "presumed dead" by the public....perhaps he's lying low, under the aid of Batman who probably has realized that Superman isn't a thread like he once viewed him as by this time.
Something along those lines is the only alternative I can see lee. A full on, straight forward DoS story seems out of place. But... Ya never know.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #47
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That was one of the big plot points from that rumored scoop early on in the year. Supes is presumed dead, but is really in exile.

Wouldn't be the first time a huge report like that went under the radar. I recall something similar happened with TDK, and no one noticed it until well after release.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 AM   #48
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I don't buy the reasoning of "exile". I would buy Batman and Superman plotting to fake out Lex.

The exile stuff just sounds like people who didn't like MOS projecting on to the narrative and the characters. Like Superman\Cladk has to undergo some pennance for the "sin" of Man Of Steel.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #49
zryson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
"Death of Superman" doesn't seem like a good idea at this time, but I guess I could still end up liking it depending on how they do it.
I'm pretty sure Death of Superman will happen in this movie, or at least Superman is missing at the end of the film and presumed dead.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #50
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I don't buy the reasoning of "exile". I would buy Batman and Superman plotting to fake out Lex.

The exile stuff just sounds like people who didn't like MOS projecting on to the narrative and the characters. Like Superman\Cladk has to undergo some pennance for the "sin" of Man Of Steel.
I don't think an exile has to be about the 'sins' of MOS though.

Perhaps Superman's sacrifice at the end of BvS is what unites and inspires the world (and the Justice League), and when Superman is secretly revived (by Batman), Clark decides that it would best if the world stayed that way, inspired by Superman's sacrifice and following in his footsteps, thus he exiles himself and leaves Earth having fulfilled his mission.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-26-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Closed Thread