The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #51
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't an exile has to be about the 'sins' of MOS though.

Perhaps Superman's sacrifice at the end of BvS is what unites the world (and the Justice League), and when Superman is secretly revived (by Batman), Clark decides that it would best if the world stayed that way, inspired by Superman's sacrifice and following in his footsteps, thus he exiles himself and leaves Earth having fulfilled his mission.
That would pretty much go against everything that MOS took the time to establish about Clark's character and overall arc...and even if he's brought back for the inevitable JL film, it still wouldn't make things right.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #52
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 3

In spite of the boot and flowers set pic, there's no way they kill off Superman in just the second film.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #53
Denish
Side-Kick

Looking at the crowd pics, I think that one them is Lois..
She's in front of all of them, and the hair seems to be Amy's hair..
She's the one with the beige coat. On the right corner of the pic

Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #54
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
Looking at the crowd pics, I think that one them is Lois..
She's in front of all of them, and the hair seems to be Amy's hair..
She's the one with the beige coat. On the right corner of the pic
Good spot you could be right.

If only Amy or whoever showed her face turned around.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #55
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

It's not Lois. Adams is in Studio City, California at the moment.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #56
Tempest
Life is a cookie

This may have nothing to do with Superman's death at all....unless it will be a foreshadowing of what will come in future stories.

Superman's death, whether literal or figurative, seems very likely to happen in this verse. I hope it doesn't happen until S&B become friends, of course. It's much better when one of them 'dies' to see how the other one responds. Personally, I'm hoping for Battears. I like men who cry.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #57
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
This may have nothing to do with Superman's death at all....unless it will be a foreshadowing of what will come in future stories.

Superman's death, whether literal or figurative, seems very likely to happen in this verse. I hope it doesn't happen until S&B become friends, of course. It's much better when one of them 'dies' to see how the other one responds. Personally, I'm hoping for Battears. I like men who cry.
Yeah, no point in doing it if there's no emotional attachment built with the other characters yet. I'm not big on killing off Superman in this movie universe in any form (unless it's done in an "All-Star Superman" way in his last movie), but if they were to do it, it has to be done with weight.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #58
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

^ Agreed.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #59
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Couldn't they just be honoring a memorial at the site of the destruction from MOS? Think back to the events after 9/11. I bet they are shooting for something similar. A couple years down the road, clean up has been completed, a statue to honor the savior, somber crowds because of the 5k lives that were lost there... Doesn't HAVE to be a Death of Superman.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #60
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Thank you John-An for the pics!!

I'm curious, are we certain the rubble is from the statue?

Romans 8:38-39
Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #61
jfurioso
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
"Death of Superman" doesn't seem like a good idea at this time, but I guess I could still end up liking it depending on how they do it.
Considering how many people felt that Superman was not heroic enough in the first movie, and that he did not do enough for saving the collateral populace, it may be a strategy to address this to have Superman apparently die sacrificing himself to save Metropolis or its people. So it would have a meta-textual meaning as well.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #62
Psycho_Sith
Resident Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I don't know who the memorial is for...it looks like there's dress military or police uniforms, so I assume that this is for fallen first responders.
There are no Army ASU's in those photos (or other branches); those are all First Responder Dress/Honor uniforms.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #63
ukijedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Thank you John-An for the pics!!

I'm curious, are we certain the rubble is from the statue?
Here's the line of thought:
We know there was a Superman statue on that set. It was taken down on Friday

On monday in that same spot was a foot of a statue, assumed to be the same Superman statue (although some have pointed out that it has a boot heel and Superman's boots didn't have a heel in MOS)

That same foot can be seen on stage from yesterday's photos:

Also, the long piece of statue between the two men above looks to be the same or similar to the material of Superman's statue, particularly the arm.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #64
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I concur

Romans 8:38-39
Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #65
Magic Man
Side-Kick

http://www.latino-review.com/news/gi...ked-set-photos

A Michigan film blog has released a few photos from the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice that seem to reveal a major spoiler from the upcoming film. So before you read any further, or look at the photos, be aware that this could be potentially QUITE revealing...

(Not sure if this has been posted but click on LR site at top for photos and rest of story)

Old 06-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #66
StarLord
Tech Noir.

All of those pics have already been posted here, like a dozen times.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #67
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

They're literally right above you

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #68
SUPERGRAVE
an ideal to strive toward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thanos View Post
Yeah, no point in doing it if there's no emotional attachment built with the other characters yet. I'm not big on killing off Superman in this movie universe in any form (unless it's done in an "All-Star Superman" way in his last movie), but if they were to do it, it has to be done with weight.
I agree with everything you just said. I love how All Star Superman ended, and it would make the coolest exit for Cavill's Superman. That story is gold!
They could bring Superman back for another movie and use somebody else without needing a reboot. Just use suspension of disbelief, and accept that Supes fixed the sun and is back.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #69
Magic Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Huh? Really? I just looked up and all I can see is the vaulted ceiling in my bedchamber.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #70
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Huh? Really? I just looked up and all I can see is the vaulted ceiling in my bedchamber.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #71
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The LR pics are close ups of the previously posted pics with a little more detail so there was some stuff I didn't notice. Each extra is holding a similar red object. And I think the reddish haired woman in the tan coat is a stand in for Lois/Amy.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #72
Psycho_Sith
Resident Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post

FAIL!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #73
Spamtron
THE MAN

Yes, many are holding red or white version of something shaped like this...

Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #74
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Sure looks like the statue was destroyed in a battle. Maybe Metello kills him right at the statue unveiling. Certainly looks like those people are there to mourn Superman.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #75
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Couldn't they just be honoring a memorial at the site of the destruction from MOS? Think back to the events after 9/11. I bet they are shooting for something similar. A couple years down the road, clean up has been completed, a statue to honor the savior, somber crowds because of the 5k lives that were lost there... Doesn't HAVE to be a Death of Superman.
this

Closed Thread