The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Havok return?
Yes 13 72.22%
No 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: The LUCAS TILL / ALEXANDER SUMMERS discussion thread - "We have to call him Havok

I'd like to see him come back. With young Scott most likely being introduced, it would make a lot of sense to bring Alex back to. They could finally clear up just how he's related to Scott (they said that he and Scott were related back when they promoting FC, they just didn't say how).

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #27
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: The LUCAS TILL / ALEXANDER SUMMERS discussion thread - "We have to call him Havok

Not sure how I would feel seeing a 50 year old Havok in the 1982 timeline Apocalypse movie.

The only way I would be ok with this is if somehow they showed us that Scott was "Havok's" (Till's) son or Uncle. That would, at least, open up the possibility of the real Havok coming into the storyline at some point. Just one more difficult timeline attrocity needed to be dealt with...

Of course, if Till was Scott's father, then that would absolutely kill the Corsair and the Starjammers (a story that, IMO, is akin to The Guardians of the Galaxy).

IMO, they really need to make a decision about this whole Marvel universe. This concept of having these X-movie set in timelines jumping every 10 years is ok and all, but it's really messed with this universe's timeline, making things difficult. For example, I'd love to see Archangel, but that's unlikely. I'd love to see Gambit and Rouge together, but that's unlikely. I'd love to have seen Scott and Alex, along with Polaris, but that's unlikely, etc...

Maybe they could show us flashback where Uncle Havok (Till) brings Scott to the orphanage, but really, why do this? If they want to fix the timeline by making Till's Havok Scott and Alex's Uncle or something then that could easily be done with a reference. Prof. X could just say "I once taught your Uncle" or something...

I guess the real question is what is the payoff to forcing Till into this movie?

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
HIA
Side-Kick

50 year old?
Havok was a teenager in the 60's, lets say 20 at most, so that would put him as 40yo Havok in 1983. not a 50's one.

None of the actors will look their movie age, so to expect just one character to look right is pointless

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #29
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Best route…Horseman please.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #30
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

honestly havok could been 18 in FC, i mean xavier and magneto were in their 20s and they still acted like the elders of the group so i can only imagine havok was a teen

as for making him look 40, well there are plenty of tricks, aging tricks have been done for decades, most noticeably the star wars movies

Old 07-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #31
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

I dont want to see Havok in this one. No more Havok ! hes not Scott's brother in movies x-men universe. I'd rather like they wiil not mention him anymore.

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #32
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
50 year old?
Havok was a teenager in the 60's, lets say 20 at most, so that would put him as 40yo Havok in 1983. not a 50's one.

None of the actors will look their movie age, so to expect just one character to look right is pointless
Yeah or maybe late 30s.

First Class - 17
DOFP - 27
Apocalypse - 37

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #33
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

he could always be "uncle Alex"... and Alex Summers being named after his uncle?

i mean but who likes Havoc from the comics. sursly? lolz... I like FC Havoc the best.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I like comics Havok, I prefer him more than his brothers.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #35
kasjan
Side-Kick

Without any problems Alex parents could make another baby in 1967 in those hippie years. Alex can be 20 years older.
I don't see Till as 37 yo Alex, he would need bulk up.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #36
Super Jim
Side-Kick

You're right, Havok would be around 40. Maybe 1-2 years younger or older.

So his range is say 38 to 42.

If the focus of this movie is a teenage to early 20's Scott, Jean and Ororo; then no thank you on a 40 year old Havok.

And yes, if Gambit makes it in he'd have to be somewhere around mid-20's, right? I wouldn't mind that IF it played into the story. For example, just like in the comics, when an older Gambit and a young (at the time), teenaged Storm, met and became friends. This could work.

But just having a mid-20's Gambit in with mid to late teenaged Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Storm; would just not make sense...

Now, with all of these people indicating they want a 20 year old Jean, Ororo and Scott; let me ask you this... Don't you want to see Charles go out and find these three (and maybe Nightcrawler as well) and bring them back to the school to help them develop their powers? Wouldn't it be great to see them in a Beast invented training room?

If yes, then wouldn't mid to late teens make so much more sense since that's when their powers usually develop. Waiting until they are 20 something just makes no sense. Yes, they could have them brought to the school in the early to mid (maybe late) teens and then jump a few years to the future in order to make them 20 something, but that kills the whole school feel, which is such a great thing for the X-Men universe.

No, please give me a mid teen (18 latest) group of Scott, Jean and Ororo, and have Nightcrawler in there as well, since his age will pretty much work (he'd be like 19-20). No thankyou to 40 year old Havok, unless he's a Horseman, but yes please to a mid-20's (older brother relationship) Gambit, as long as his older brother relationship is with Storm.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Yes, please bring Till back as Havok! Older brother Alex introducing Scott to Xavier please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post
Hopefully Havok will return, with his son Scott.
Scott is not his f-ing son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah or maybe late 30s.

First Class - 17
DOFP - 27
Apocalypse - 37
The issue I have with this is not only don't we know when in the 80s the movie will take place, but Alex's age is never really stated.
We know FC is in 1962, and that his time in DoFP is in 1973.

With how older actors are always cast as teenagers in movies, it would not surprise me if in FC he could have been as young as 15, even if Till and the others looked older. But even if he was 17 it'd be more like this:

FC -17
DoFP - 28
Apocalypse - 35 at the youngest

And honestly, while in modern times actors and models still look amazing thanks to a mix of exercise, diets, and surgeries, we can always count the X-Gene as keeping mutants ages not-distinct.

Christie Brinkley is 60 and she still looks like she could be in her late 30s, Regina Hall is in her 40s and she still looks like she's in her late 20s, etc.
I think we can let Lucas Till, and the other actors get away with playing their characters in the 80s without having to resort to age b.s.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #38
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Scott is not his f-ing son.
And Sabretooth is not Wolverine's brother, just like Mystique is not Xavier's sister. Your point is...?

Oh, btw:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #39
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I know what a joke is, but considering how ancy people get on here about the characters ages and are serious with that idea, it's just annoying.

Ans Sabretooth and Wolvie have always been brotherly in the Band of Brothers type of way; they're just rivals now. And again, Wolverine Origins was erased.

As for Mystique and Charles, adopting a friend as a sister isn't really uncommon, as while it's not officially familial, it shows a strong bond between unrelated people. And Mystique's past was always mysterious, adding some backstory didn't hurt.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote