The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #26
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Dude wants to see some awesome physical stuff for Aquaman. I don't see a problem or that somehow that means he's asking for a Bay like film with zero characterization. Besides, AM needs some badass street cred with the audience. Momoa being cast helps, but AM still has a ways to go. Big action would help that.
Sorry, should have added at end of post, wasn't being snooty or condescending, I agree completely, Aquaman to the GA will mean zero and he needs some 'build up' in terms of 're-brand', which he has in recent years and you are spot on, Momoa will handle that v well and Snyder is defacto choice for advancing his 'badassery' side of Aquaman character.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #27
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Sorry, should have added at end of post, wasn't being snooty or condescending, I agree completely, Aquaman to the GA will mean zero and he needs some 'build up' in terms of 're-brand', which he has in recent years and you are spot on, Momoa will handle that v well and Snyder is defacto choice for advancing his 'badassery' side of Aquaman character.
Cool brotherman. I have always liked AM in the comics, and he should have if anything greater importance, but DC's dropped the ball with him and in the wider media haven't furthered him the way they could. (Of course I think that's been DC's modus operandi for the last 20 years unless you have BAT in your name... But I digress...) So seeing some movement with other characters as in other media especially film is heartening to see.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #28
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Cool brotherman. I have always liked AM in the comics, and he should have if anything greater importance, but DC's dropped the ball with him and in the wider media haven't furthered him the way they could. (Of course I think that's been DC's modus operandi for the last 20 years unless you have BAT in your name... But I digress...) So seeing some movement with other characters as in other media especially film is heartening to see.
Indeed, in DOJ, he needs to have the physicality to be shown that he can legitamally be a king of his domain and have a physical threat and defence of his kingdom when up against Superman or Batman for that matter.

This 'extended' universe of DC is what I've been wishing for since I was four years of age so to have DC / WB pick up and run with the ball, I am more than happy, and I think it will be handled exceptionally well. Everyone has Snyder down as souless but he gets 'it', he gets the need for modern time & age heroes in a climate that is relatable to the world we see now in reality, not the world of my and our childhoods, the 'silver' age has gone of seeing Superman and others in hues of that nature, TDK trilogy for WB changed everything and Snyder is a director who understands what can be brought from Nolan's films and meshed with his own qualities, personally if we got TDK trilogy 'feel' and emotive weight as we did with MOS with the character understanding and visuals of his Watchmen then we'll have a definitive CBM on our hands.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #29
Eddie Nashton
Just some nut

I found an older picture I drew of my own take on Aquaman. I thought I'd post it here for a take on what he could wear.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #30
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

I was talking to my friend about Aquamoa and he sent me this pic. This hair color could work.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #31
Mr. Dent
Banned User

can't wait to see Momoa as this Aquaman

Peter David's Aquaman was kickass. That's obviously the one they're going with considering the acto they cast.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:59 AM   #32
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm putting my money on that being AquaMomoa's look in JL.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:37 AM   #33
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Nashton View Post
I found an older picture I drew of my own take on Aquaman. I thought I'd post it here for a take on what he could wear.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's a good looking design. I would not use scale mail on Aquamoa's crotch or inner thighs, however, as it would likely be extremely restrictive of movement (the scales have to be sewn on to an under garment, unlike chain mail). It probably shouldn't cover the armpits on the classic suit design, either.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #34
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

This is what I'd imagine Aquaman to look like
I'm not very good at drawing bodies so I printed the body outline and added everything else (incl. hair). He kinda resembles Josh Holloway more than Momoa

It's a very basic design, I wouldn't over exaggerate his look. Have his legs and arms (up to his elbows) be covered with darkish green scales. His upper body/torso would be human. This way we'd have his classic green/orange(skin colored) appearance. I forgot to draw gills though.

Of course he would have to wear gloves to conceal his scaly hands and webbed fingers while visiting Metropolis/the shore for whatever reason, hiding his true identity.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #35
regwec
Shakespearo

It's an interesting design, but it is pretty radical for Arthur, who is perfectly human on the outside.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #36
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

When he's wearing clothes on shore, no one would see his radical body anyways his head/face would remain human too.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #37
GreenKToo
In the fire

How strong should he be. I dnt want half the league to be as strong as supes. Just like i wouldnt want supes to be as fast as the Flash.
For me, id like arthur and ww to be about half as strong as supes.
That would still be extremely powerful.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-01-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #38
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Aquaman has been described as a barbarian warlord who wants retribuition for the damage that Zod's World Engine machine has done to the marine lifeforms of the Indian Ocean.
Is this true? Was there such a rumor?

WTF? Why would they do this?
Of course if it's real then Momoa is the perfect typecasting. Khal Drogo of the oceans. And he wont even need to dye his hair (which would look fake anyway, like Collin Farrel's were in Alexander).

Old 07-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #39
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Hey, Colin Farrell's Andre Agassi mullet in Alexander was awesome.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #40
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Really I could see why Snyder would go that route if he does. Aquaman is by far the most mocked superhero there is, so going the warlord route would be an effort to make him cooler to the general audience.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #41
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Really I could see why Snyder would go that route if he does. Aquaman is by far the most mocked superhero there is, so going the warlord route would be an effort to make him cooler to the general audience.
Snyder and Momoa is going to make all the mockers eat their fishsticks!

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #42
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Y, hello thar!

You dont have to make him a barbarian to make him cool. Just adapt Johns' book page by page. Snyder is good at doing that after all.

Johns made Aquaman cool, without any beards, hook hands, or other gimmicks. Just Golden Age Aquaman, in his shiny Golden Age suit being a badass.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #43
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Quote:
I've been thinking the JL movie might be about the Atlantis/Themysica war. You could always throw in the whole Poseidon/Athena rivalry as to why.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #44
Reiter
Banned User

Some more badassery:

and here, in case you dont get it, he lifts a freaking ship

Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #45
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #46
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerSpider-Boy View Post
This is what I'd imagine Aquaman to look like
I'm not very good at drawing bodies so I printed the body outline and added everything else (incl. hair). He kinda resembles Josh Holloway more than Momoa

It's a very basic design, I wouldn't over exaggerate his look. Have his legs and arms (up to his elbows) be covered with darkish green scales. His upper body/torso would be human. This way we'd have his classic green/orange(skin colored) appearance. I forgot to draw gills though.

Of course he would have to wear gloves to conceal his scaly hands and webbed fingers while visiting Metropolis/the shore for whatever reason, hiding his true identity.

I like your drawing!! I'd say since Arthur is supposed to be half human, I could see this working. Maybe the hand webbing could go, but I like the half scaled look. It reminds me a bit of the Mystique scale look (which I, and some others on this forum, wouldn't mind them using a bit of). It would definitely look "realistic"...yes I know Atlantians aren't real, but they would be in the BvS universe.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 07-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #47
Reiter
Banned User

I just want to see the comics heroes on screen. Enough with some director's take on Batman or Superman. I know some adjustments have to be made, of course, but it's one thing to tweek the origin or the suit, and another to completely change the characters or their entire design (i am now convinced Momoa will be underwater Drogo).

Marvel does that and while i am not a big reader of theirs, i really appreciate what they do. I've read quite a bit of Ironman but his iconic-defining story was Extremis and boom it's on screen. From Captain America I have only read Brubacker's Cap run and boom, WS is on the screen being a badass like in the book. And they're even hinting at my favourite part: Bucky-Cap!

Why cant i have my Johns Aquaman, my Dick Grayson Robin, my this, my that?

Self entitled? Yeah, maybe.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #48
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
I like your drawing!! I'd say since Arthur is supposed to be half human, I could see this working. Maybe the hand webbing could go, but I like the half scaled look. It reminds me a bit of the Mystique scale look (which I, and some others on this forum, wouldn't mind them using a bit of). It would definitely look "realistic"...yes I know Atlantians aren't real, but they would be in the BvS universe.
Thx my goal was to mimic his classic look. Maybe someone who's good at PS could add colors. The hair would be a dark blonde tone. Legs and arms green scales.

I like the mystique approach as well. Could look cool on a male too, but has to be done right.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #49
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Do you think his dad ****ed a fish or something?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #50
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Do you think his dad ****ed a fish or something?
Maybe a Mermaid?

Closed Thread