Yes but not in this movie 0 0%
I don't know/undecided 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default The legacy virus

Hi everyone,

I felt like this deserved it's own thread because if the movie is set in the 80s then what defined that era more than the AIDS crisis and what was a major turbelunt moment for minorities than that.

I also think the legacy virus is one of marvels most daring and inspired storytelling moments and should continue to be applauded.

Do you think the legacy virus should be a major part of apocalypse's plan? Bryan singer has said this will be a disaster movie and what was a bigger disaster in recent years than that?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The legacy virus

We already had cure theme.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
The Guard
Side-Kick

There's really no reason the Legacy Virus couldn't just be a virus.

It need not be disguised as a cure.

Though I don't think that's the sort of disaster they're referring to.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:01 AM   #4
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
We already had cure theme.
It's not really the same sort of story though.

The cure storyline is about what would people do if they could take the easy way out whereas the legacy virus is about how people can turn, sometimes even on their own families, when they find out someone is sick.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #5
kasjan
Side-Kick

Yeah, but I would prefer to see Colossus in bigger role, so this is for future movie, not in 1983 when he isn't even born.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #6
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Id rather see Mutant Massacre.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
Super Jim
Side-Kick

If there is any "virus" in the Apocalypse movie, the only one that makes any sense is the techno-organic virus, since it pertains to Apocalypse and would set up a Cable story.

The only thing that might make this difficult is how they could have Nathan in the movie at this point.

Maybe they will introduce the techno-organic virus, but not have Nathan yet. This would actually allow for a future Cable related origin story that could include... Famke and James! What is great about Cable is that he is established as a time traveler, so he can be found in almost any story set in any time...

Last edited by Super Jim; 01-09-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Yeah, but I would prefer to see Colossus in bigger role, so this is for future movie, not in 1983 when he isn't even born.
As we know so far, the movies don't neccessarily follow the comics so collusus might not even be needed for the story.

For example, it would be a tragic thing to happen to alex summers which would really show how it can happen to anyone.

The techno organic virus is ok but it doesn't really show the real world tragedy of the era as well as the legacy virus did. I suppose they could always combine them like how they did with Stryker and general Kincaid in the movies

Old 01-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #9
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ But the techno-organic virus gives you a couple of other things...

1. First and foremost, it pertains to Apocalypse. With him being in this movie with an assumed 16 year old Jean and Scott, it's hard to see them having baby Nathan getting infected in this movie, but that doesn't mean that the techno-organic virus couldn't be in the movie, which could be used in a future story to infect baby Nathan

In fact, I could easily see the villain in a Cable origin story being Sinister and it being Sinister (and not Apocalypse) who infects him. Of course this would be a story that could include Famke and James!!! Now, where would Sinister get this virus? Well, he could, of course, create it himself, or, even better, he could get it from Apocalypse. Now, take it one step further, would Sinister go and get this virus himself, or would he use someone else? Who could that be? Know any master thieves that could be in the Apocalypse movie that could end up being employed by Sinister?????

2. It leads to Cable! We know that at some point likely not too far in the future (our future) they will give us Cable, and the thing that is cool about him is his techno-organics (and the fact that he is the son of Jean (well, Madelyne - but whatever) and Scott).

3. It will look beyond cool on the big screen. Just imagine a baby Nathan (in a present set movie, again, with Famke and James, being infected.

Now the cool thing is that they don't have to actually focus on it in the Apocalypse movie in order to use it. Just go with my idea where Gambit is sent to Egypt to infiltrate the inner sactum of a slumbering Apocalypse. He steals something (it's the techno-organic virus) which causes the events that awakens Apocalypse. My story has a 16 year old Storm following Gambit into the pyramid and her presence sets off the system that awakens Apocalypse. Yes, Gambit was able to obtain what he was sent to get (and we find out later he was sent by Sinister - which is a nod to canon), but he must act in order to save Ororo. He could even use his powers to cause a cave-in, where Storm could be trapped (again, nod towards canon) and/or killing one (or more) of Apocalypse's Horsemen, which would mean that he needs to replace them (which is where Wolverine comes into the story!).

The point is that the techno-organic virus would make a lot of sense at this point...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote