The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Mighty as a hurricane, Gentle as the summer rain. The OFFICIAL Storm thread

I don't know if the ones on the days of future past board are moved to here but if not then this is the new home for Storm where everything can/should be discussed

I figured it would be easier than having to go to several different threads to talk about her powers, costumes, casting and most importantly, big news for our weather witch.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:04 AM   #2
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Mighty as a hurricane, Gentle as the summer rain. The OFFICIAL Storm thread

And she is as fierce as a thunder strike.

And I wouldn't call her a weather witch, more like a weather goddess.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Mighty as a hurricane, Gentle as the summer rain. The OFFICIAL Storm thread

Depending on whether Storm is actually found in Egypt or they just have her already in American, id like a Storm with like a rocker edge not necessarily the mohawk but like a stylized bob id be fine as long as she has that attitude I think it would be cool,espiecally having a young Storm being a rebel it could be very neat. If not then id love her being a goddess in Egypt being worshipped for her powers.

Storm #3-September 24 2014-Please support our Goddess
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I think it would be pleasing to fans, if they recruit her I'm Africa, and then when she comes to the US, she has something traumatic happen to her. Maybe her parents dying, and she becomes a rebel and has the punk rock look.

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidxMikexMcfly View Post
I think it would be pleasing to fans, if they recruit her I'm Africa, and then when she comes to the US, she has something traumatic happen to her. Maybe her parents dying, and she becomes a rebel and has the punk rock look.
Yes i would love that its a great way get some backstory on her and a nice nod to her parents death in the comics. This is what they need to do, but I doubt they would put this much focus on Storm and developing her character.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
kasjan
Side-Kick

First I thought it's Gentle thread...

kasjan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Yes i would love that its a great way get some backstory on her and a nice nod to her parents death in the comics. This is what they need to do, but I doubt they would put this much focus on Storm and developing her character.
Maybe not but I'm hoping for it. I guess it all depends on the storyline this time around. It makes me wonder how much focus will be on Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. I truly feel if done right they could include it , the possibilities are endless.

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidxMikexMcfly View Post
Maybe not but I'm hoping for it. I guess it all depends on the storyline this time around. It makes me wonder how much focus will be on Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. I truly feel if done right they could include it , the possibilities are endless.
I agree lets hope they invest some time in Storm and her character development this time as well as awesome power displays.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #9
Mariah
On Angel's Wings

Quote:
I agree lets hope they invest some time in Storm and her character development this time as well as awesome power displays.
Can't be wrong with more development. Seeing what she can really do can change the minds of what people think of her from before. One can hope. She's one of the best female mutants and a true leader.

Mariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #10
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
Can't be wrong with more development. Seeing what she can really do can change the minds of what people think of her from before. One can hope. She's is the best female mutant and a true leader.
Fixed for you lol, also I totally agree.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
Mars123
Side-Kick

I am very hopeful that they use this to give a little more depth to storm. We need to know more about her I feel!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
xrs13
Cold as ice

Her and Cyclops need the focus in this film. Jean needs some exposure especially now there isnt her phoenix side but Cyc and Storm need developing. I can't wait for announcments

Old 09-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Mars123
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=xrs13;29728523]Her and Cyclops need the focus in this film. Jean needs some exposure especially now there isnt her phoenix side but Cyc and Storm need developing. I can't wait for announcments[/QUOTE

This is my thoughts.... mean in someways they may want to resurrect some of the ideas they had for cyke and storm from x1.

They may want to show how wolverine persuades professor x not to use mind blocks on jean..... this could definitely help if they want to reuse/reshape the role of the phoenix.

Either way something that helps these characters feel developed would be grand!!!

Old 09-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #14
CB Fan
The Watcher

^ Wolverine doesn't remember anything about any psychic blocks, Jean, or the professor so he won't be convincing him of anything. And as much as I want focus on Storm and Cyke I'm not sure we'll recieve it this film. We 'll probably recieve an introduction but the film is already being called an "Erik and Charles " film by Kinberg and you just know that Lawrence and Jackman are going to recieve an ample amount of screen time as well as Apocalypse himself.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #15
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The main focus may be on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Wolverine,and Apocalypse
although if Wolverine Is horseman he may get less focus than he did In DOFP.
Beast,Quicksilver,Cyclops,Jean,and Storm along with whoever else makes cut may be supporting roles.Cyclops and Jean may get more important roles than
Storm.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
Mars123
Side-Kick

How much more can they do on their relationship..... its getting a little old in my opinion, they need to keep things fresh

Old 09-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #17
xrs13
Cold as ice

when was it said apoc was a xavier magneto film. I thought thats what they said DOFP was?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Kinberg says it in the Empire Podcast towards the end of the 30-minute mark.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41130

Old 09-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
JEM
Side-Kick

I think FC,DOFP and Apoc are part of Xavier-Magneto trilogy .
FC = Magneto
DOFP = Xavier
Apoc= the final chapter .
So, i think it is normal to close the trilogy on them .

Last edited by JEM; 09-15-2014 at 03:25 PM.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #20
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

I hope this isnt entirely the case, I think it would be a shame introducing the big 3 and not giving them fleshed out back stories.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #21
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
I hope this isnt entirely the case, I think it would be a shame introducing the big 3 and not giving them fleshed out back stories.
It's very possible that many things will change as that is part of the creative process of anything they could start out calling this an Erik/Charles movie and it end up being a "big 3" film instead with Erik and Charles still featured but not as prominent. Kinberg has been saying a lot of ish but I won't be suprised when/if only a fraction of what he's says is gonna happen makes it to the screen. At the same time, this could be the last time we see Lawrence, Hoult, Jackman, McAvoy, and Fassbender in these roles so who the hell knows what's gonna happen.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote