The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread. -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
zryson
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread. -

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Best Superman movie for me is still Superman: The Movie. Even though the ending is kinda crazy. It works better as a stand alone film I suppose.
I love Superman the Movie. Its ironic too, all these years later and its still the best Superman movie.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
It was one of those things they didn't want you to think too hard about.

I suspected that might have been the case, which is why I said earlier that Blue might not have turned in as good a performance if he had been hired to play MOS' interpretation of Zod instead of SV's.

Still, though, I can't help but feel like another actor (even if not Blue) could have done both. I dunno.

Oh, no question.

I understand that they wanted to portray him as very desperate, almost to the point of being slightly unhinged, but they made him look rather unintelligent in the process.
I was just all lolwut? about the business. Those Kryptonians work fast! The look on Zod's face when the towers were destroyed with the press around was priceless. Clark was such a douche about it.

I think if played calmer, MOS Zod would've come off better.

You know you have problems if the reaction of the henchwoman outweighs the main villain.

I only got that desperation at the end on the ship before Clark's all "Krypton had its chance! Yeeeaaaahhhhh!"

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #5
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Manager View Post
This is a continuation thread, for 100 pages of people b**ching about Man of Steel, click Here
Fixed.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Zaaaaaaaaaamn, Rows.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Zaaaaaaaaaamn, Rows.

It's all in good fun.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:19 AM   #8
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I love Superman the Movie. Its ironic too, all these years later and its still the best Superman movie.
Man of Steel tops it because of the SfX, the better Krypton scene, and the fight scenes with the Kryptoninans. Also, there was no Otis for comic relief. Some people laugh when I say that this was the best Superman film ever made, but I am not the only one saying it.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #9
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I like the All-Star Superman animated feature.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #10
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Man of Steel tops it because of the SfX, the better Krypton scene, and the fight scenes with the Kryptoninans. Also, there was no Otis for comic relief. Some people laugh when I say that this was the best Superman film ever made, but I am not the only one saying it.
I found the FX in MOS pretty average; maybe if the characters had been fleshed out more it would have made a difference but STM was a far better movie. But then being a classic (STM), I dont expect anything recent to compare to it.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #11
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Fixed.
Accurate.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 AM   #12
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I found the FX in MOS pretty average; maybe if the characters had been fleshed out more it would have made a difference but STM was a far better movie. But then being a classic (STM), I dont expect anything recent to compare to it.
That was deliberate because the producers wanted the film to appear natural to the viewer so as to aid them in suspending their disbelief. With that being said, even though you might think it was average, the liquid geo effect was very unique to film and was probably never before seen in any other motion picture.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:56 AM   #13
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
That was deliberate because the producers wanted the film to appear natural to the viewer so as to aid them in suspending their disbelief. With that being said, even though you might think it was average, the liquid geo effect was very unique to film and was probably never before seen in any other motion picture.
One of the main criticisms I have had about Man of Steel (and the earlier Superman Returns) is that they dont really open up the Superman universe; they are too vested in trying to ground Clark Kent/Superman in reality issues, that they overlook the wider picture and dont allow the character to soar. Its why I prefer the animated adventures for anything after Superman III (which while goofy had charming moments with the addition of Lana Lang.)

Old 06-29-2014, 05:23 AM   #14
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
This is a continuation thread, for 100 pages of people b**ching about people b**ching about Man of Steel, click Here
Fixed!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #15
hafizbat
Side-Kick

^Now that's accurate.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #16
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I consider MOS the best superman film as well.

But...I'm really not a fan of the Reeve movies (aside from Reeve himself) and hated SR, so...it wasn't exactly hard for MOS to top those for me. Not as big a compliment as it seems coming from me.

\S/T*
Old 06-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #17
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Fixed.
Quote:
This is a continuation thread, for 100 pages of people b**ching about MOS and then people b**ching about people b**ching about MOS click here Here
No, NOW it's fixed

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #18
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
One of the main criticisms I have had about Man of Steel (and the earlier Superman Returns) is that they dont really open up the Superman universe; they are too vested in trying to ground Clark Kent/Superman in reality issues, that they overlook the wider picture and dont allow the character to soar. Its why I prefer the animated adventures for anything after Superman III (which while goofy had charming moments with the addition of Lana Lang.)
That's what today's movie goers want to see (films that are more grounded in realism). Anything else is not well suited for summer block busters.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

The title of this thread is such a downer, it's bumming me out.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #20
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
No, NOW it's fixed
That made me laugh!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #21
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post

But...I'm really not a fan of the Reeve movies (aside from Reeve himself) and hated SR, so...it wasn't exactly hard for MOS to top those for me. Not as big a compliment as it seems coming from me.
My thoughts too. Supe78 and MoS are the only live action films which I deem decent. The old classic and the modern reinterpretation.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #22
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
That's what today's movie goers want to see (films that are more grounded in realism). Anything else is not well suited for summer block busters.

Harry Potter, The Pirate of the caribbean among others say hello.

there is place for everybody.

But i think that a superman more grounded is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #23
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post

Superman, the Movie and Superman II were great films for their time, but would neve be considered block busters if they were released today. The spcial effecs are too archaic to be believed in this day and age.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #24
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
Harry Potter, The Pirate of the caribbean among others say hello.

there is place for everybody.

But i think that a superman more grounded is a good idea.
I really don't get why anyone would complain MOS was too grounded in realism.

I actually thought it was the opposite of that. It was much LESS grounded in realism than I expected. It came across as epic fantasy. And in places, quite comic booky.

But that was part of my dissapointment, because the trailers and interviews had so built it up to be more in the TDK style of realism storytelling... and they didn't really deliver that.

That's a personal taste thing tho. I was really looking forward to a Superman the GA would finally take seriously like they've been able to with Batman.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
zryson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman, the Movie and Superman II were great films for their time, but would neve be considered block busters if they were released today. The spcial effecs are too archaic to be believed in this day and age.
Even today, many people working in entertainment still cite Superman The Movie as their favorite superhero/superman movie and credit it for inspiring them. But what really made the movie such a legendary classic, was the chemistry. Its something other movies have attempted since but failed to get right.

Closed Thread