The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #76
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

I honestly would be happy with Superman and Batman in one shot doing some badass poses.
But if there were to be a teaser, just look at majority of teasers in the past years, they don't need SFX, like the MoS one only had that one shot of Supes flying into the air and that was enough. We know Snyder has filmed a few scenes with Henry n Ben so hopefully that means something....?

matt47 is online now  
Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #77
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 549
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
There's absolutely ZERO CHANCE of getting a Justice League lineup reveal at this years Comic-Con.

That movie is still a long time away. Most of the effort (and money) will be put in hyping up BvS first.
...but if they are filming back to back as is thought.... we might

Mandon Knight is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 04:32 AM   #78
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,634
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
"It's cooler to see a crusty old Batman beating the snot out of guys."

- Zack Snyder.
Yes, yes it is. I'm so excited to see Batman in action. Not just fighting and beating guys up, but the whole portrayal, showing off all his skills and methods.

I wonder if there is a mystery in Batman's individual story within the overall film.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #79
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Yeah I like Snyder's choice of words there, "beating the snot out of guys". hehe

matt47 is online now  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #80
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,462
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Yeah I like Snyder's choice of words there, "beating the snot out of guys". hehe
Indeed. The Captain America films show the potential for Batman, and it is exciting.

I'm hoping for the master of combat on screen, a professional who may not be super powered but is technically superior in every way.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #81
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 11,285
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post

I'm hoping for the master of combat on screen, a professional who may not be super powered but is technically superior in every way.
I think that's exactly what we'll get.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #82
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Indeed. The Captain America films show the potential for Batman, and it is exciting.

I'm hoping for the master of combat on screen, a professional who may not be super powered but is technically superior in every way.
The fight scenes in the Winter Soldier were the best we've ever had on a superhero movie. Particularly the way the WS moved and his knife fights...

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #83
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

I actually did not like the look of the knife fights in WS. The slow shutter speed look took me out of it.

Cap in action on the boat in the beginning looked great though.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #84
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I actually did not like the look of the knife fights in WS. The slow shutter speed look took me out of it.
I dont know what that is, but to me it looked awesome. The knife was like an extension of his hands, he was amazing with it.

Btw, awesome name! A reference to the Bat plane thingy?

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #85
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,625
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

I'd be absolutely thrilled if the fight choreography was on the level of TWS. Seriously, the fight choreography elevated the film (and it would've been excellent anyway).

hafizbat is online now  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #86
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,736
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

It was a little too "flip happy" at some points. Like they were dancing.

I Am The Knight is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #87
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
I dont know what that is, but to me it looked awesome. The knife was like an extension of his hands, he was amazing with it.

Btw, awesome name! A reference to the Bat plane thingy?
Yessir, and thanks.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #88
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,625
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
I dont know what that is, but to me it looked awesome. The knife was like an extension of his hands, he was amazing with it.
Apparently Sebastian Stan would keep a plastic knife with him all day, wherever he went. He was constantly practicing those moves, and boy did it pay off big time.

Someday, we need Batman to go up against an equally skilled martial artist. Eating thugs for breakfast is great, but being truly challenged by an equally dangerous opponent would really bring out Batman's mastery and be a spectacle to watch.

Deathstroke, David Cain, Lady Shiva, Red Hood, Ra's Al Ghul....these are about the only villains I can think of at the moment that are capable of giving Batman a real (hand to hand) challenge.

hafizbat is online now  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #89
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,976
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Bronze Tiger and Sensei would whip them all.

__________________
Better Off ----> Out
Love Freedom?
regwec is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #90
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
It was a little too "flip happy" at some points. Like they were dancing.
If i'm honest, there are very few realistic fight scenes in movies. I remember that one in Casino Royale for example. It was brutal, scruffy, all over the place. But i dont want that for Cap or Batman. It has to have some choreography, some rythm to it.

From what i've seen from Snyder, he goes way too over the top with the choreography. His fight scenes in Watchmen and Sucker Punch were like dances. Let's see how he handles it this time.

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #91
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Apparently Sebastian Stan would keep a plastic knife with him all day, wherever he went. He was constantly practicing those moves, and boy did it pay off big time.

Someday, we need Batman to go up against an equally skilled martial artist. Eating thugs for breakfast is great, but being truly challenged by an equally dangerous opponent would really bring out Batman's mastery and be a spectacle to watch.
Deathstroke, David Cain, Lady Shiva, Red Hood, Ra's Al Ghul....these are about the only villains I can think of at the moment that are capable of giving Batman a real (hand to hand) challenge.
You just reminded me of the "Under the Red Hood" animated movie and how Jason knew Batman's moves and could fight him one on one. I guess they'd be copying Marvel too much if they made a movie out of it but a man can dream right?

Quote:
Deathstroke, David Cain, Lady Shiva, Red Hood, Ra's Al Ghul....these are about the only villains I can think of at the moment that are capable of giving Batman a real (hand to hand) challenge.
Dont forget about the masquettt man. The meRRRRcenery.

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #92
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,625
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
Since we re talking about TWS, i just remembered the "Under the Red Hood" animated movie and how Jason knew Batman's moves and could fight him one on one. I guess they'd be copying Marvel too much if they made a movie out of it but a man can dream right?

Dont forget about the masquettt man. The meRRRRcenery.
Eh everything is a copy of something at this point. Just make it awesome and no one will complain.

hafizbat is online now  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #93
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,736
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
If i'm honest, there are very few realistic fight scenes in movies. I remember that one in Casino Royale for example. It was brutal, scruffy, all over the place. But i dont want that for Cap or Batman. It has to have some choreography, some rythm to it.

From what i've seen from Snyder, he goes way too over the top with the choreography. His fight scenes in Watchmen and Sucker Punch were like dances. Let's see how he handles it this time.
The Winter Soldier drinking game. Every time Bucky does a flip, you pour.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!

Last edited by I Am The Knight; 07-04-2014 at 09:24 AM.
I Am The Knight is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #94
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
The Winter Soldier drinking game. Every time Bucky does a flip, you pour.
What kind of flip do you mean? In mid air?

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #95
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,634
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

The only time i thought it was a bit too "flippy" was when Batroc was fighting. But that suits his character.

The style and choreography should be characterisation of it's own. Like the Cap vs Batroc fight. Batroc is flipping around, using kicks. Tells you about his character. Cap was more counter attacked based and defensive. Tells you about his character

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #96
-JKR-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

I'd like Batman's fighting style to be a lot heaver and bruteish than Captain's very athletic and fast fighting.

And personally, I don't want to see the fights to have a very distinct choreography and style. It should be more urban. If I wanna see a kung-fu movie, I'll see a kung fu movie.

__________________
R rated Deadpool, DAMMIT!
-JKR- is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #97
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
I'd like Batman's fighting style to be a lot heaver and bruteish than Captain's very athletic and fast fighting.

And personally, I don't want to see the fights to have a very distinct choreography and style. It should be more urban. If I wanna see a kung-fu movie, I'll see a kung fu movie.
Cap had military training. Batman had ninja and martial arts training. I think it's the other way around. I mean of course bats should be brutal, but he should have technique.

Reiter is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #98
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kicking some Flash
Posts: 16,393
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

I want Bats to be so adept at fighting that it looks like his enemies don't have a chance in hell at beating him. I want to see him take down 10 guys and not look like he breaks a sweat.

__________________
VIOLA DAVIS FOR AMANDA WALLER
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #99
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,976
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
Cap had military training. Batman had ninja and martial arts training. I think it's the other way around. I mean of course bats should be brutal, but he should have technique.
That's right - I think this is not often understood, probably because Bats has been "nerfed" by the movies so far (excepting what was implied off-screen in Batman Begins). Bruce Wayne has in the past been shown to be almost mystically adept in the martial arts. If there is anyone in the Justice League who knows the Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique, it's him.

__________________
Better Off ----> Out
Love Freedom?
regwec is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #100
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,563
Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
I'd like Batman's fighting style to be a lot heaver and bruteish than Captain's very athletic and fast fighting.

And personally, I don't want to see the fights to have a very distinct choreography and style. It should be more urban. If I wanna see a kung-fu movie, I'll see a kung fu movie.
We already had that in the Nolan Batman movies and I hated it. I'd like something fancier and cooler this time.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.