The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Ultron-5
The One.

Default How would you have done Spider-Man 4?

If you wrote Spider-Man 4, what would your script have in it? Who would the villain(s) be? Would it be the final film in the Raimi series or would it lead into a Spider-Man 5? How would you right the wrongs of Spider-Man 3?

Last edited by Ultron-5; 07-08-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Default Re: How would you have done Spider-Man 4?

I'd have it be the final movie in the series.

Lizard and Black Cat would be in it.
Have a Peter, MJ and Felica love triangle.
Peter and MJ would marry at the end of it.
Connors helps Peter in Spidey 3, now Peter would help him in the 4th.
Have Connors have a relationship with his son and wife.

Good thread. Keep the ideas coming.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Ultron-5
The One.

Good idea!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'd try and adhere to a theme like Raimi did. The obvious way to follow revenge/forgiveness would to be extend that to acceptance and redemption. Pair Peter up with Dr. Connors, and have them bond over their strained relations at home. Connors is struggling in his marriage, and becomes obsessed with regrowing his arm as a means to fix his life.

Peter sees his future self in his mentor, and worries that he too is doomed in love. Him and MJ are stable, but attending couples' councelling to repair the damage caused in the last film. While Mary Jane appears to be pretty content, Peter can't shake his fears and is looking for a big fix of his own.

Connors' experiments fail, and -shock twist- turns him into a giant lizard. Kraven the Hunter, a TV game hunter, is in town and vows to hunt the creature. He is charismatic and ruthless. Spider-Man finds himself caught between protecting the city and the beast that threatens it, all while Kraven's public exploits begin to shake the trust in our hero.

Throughout the film we see Peter struggle to accept his past mistakes and move on. This would be reflected in Dr. Connors' dangerous attempts to "fix" his life, and mirrored by Kraven, a man who views life with reckless abandon. Spider-Man will eventually regain his trust in himself and the city, personalised by Dewolf, a skeptical cop who will be swayed by the events of the film.

Last edited by henzINNIT; 07-14-2014 at 05:54 PM.
henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

That's... actually kind of great. I like it.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
Ultron-5
The One.

I like it!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I would have made The Lizard as the villain for Spider-Man 4.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
That's... actually kind of great. I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
I like it!
Cheers guys. It seems like a fairly ripe theme. Timely too. I envision a touch of self-awareness to the redemption angle.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #9
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Cheers guys. It seems like a fairly ripe theme. Timely too. I envision a touch of self-awareness to the redemption angle.
Honestly, I've never gotten the fan fascination with a Kraven vs. Lizard storyline. The two characters have no history, so there's no comic basis. Personally I think it would water the two characters down since it would make one unnecessarily. sympathetic. The Lizard should be a total menace, with Spidey fighting to save the man inside, not the creature outside, which he'd be doing if Kraven were involved.

And making Kraven a TV celeb is too cliche I think. If anything he should be so extreme that he's completely against the structure of our "civilization". Which I think would be a great basis for a Kraven film. First, he want to destroy Spider-Man the unconquered hero of this society, and then he'd want to destroy civilization itself, making it more like the jungle he's already mastered. Maybe his plan could be to make people more primitive and animalistic via serum or the like. This could give Spidey a bigger threat to deal with.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #10
Lord
All Mighty

I would have it be another one shot story that could have been the end of the series, or lead into another film, it would have pretty much been like 1 and 3, closing the door of a story, but leaving it open for another adventure if it was needed.

While he's not my first choice, i'm more inclined to going with Raimi's original ideas of having Vulture as the main villain, with Black Cat as secondary. Peter and Mary Jane are reconciling their relationship and more scenes would be present in order to develop their chemistry. Black Cat could be the one trying to make Peter wanting to become Spider-Man full time, like it was originaly going to be like in Spider-Man 2.

Not sure what the theme would be, maybe taking the easy way and escaping daily life problems, the Vulture for example seemed to tie into this idea. This time the villain would need to fight with witts, Black Cat could form the more physical threat, while everything the Vulture does is to achieve his oun objectives and he could look for ways to not enter into direct conflict with Spider-Man or the police.

If Raimi was wiling to forget this idea in favor of a Kraven/ Lizard centric movie, it would probably be easier for them to write the story, but it would be preferable for Kraven to survive in order for him to later be present in a Sinister Six movie and probably do a bit of Kraven's Last Hunt.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 AM   #11
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

They established Dr. Connors in the 2nd and 3rd, so I think it's easy to say The Lizard for Spider-Man 4. I would keep him the only villain, while trying to establish a villain for the future(possibly Vulture?). You could introduce Felicia Hardy and Randy Robertson is some minor roles. Keep the movie simple like the first Spider-Man.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Killed off MJ.

Sent a few PMs asking if he was dead, and he's yet to reply. Either he's mad at me, or he's dead.
Former Leader of the SHH20, current Lackey
OriginalMiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
Spidey-Lad93
Side-Kick

The film would have started with Peter waking up and that Spider-Man 3 never happened and it was a dream and it takes place after Spider-Man 2 not 3

Spidey-Lad93 is offline   Reply With Quote