The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #26
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: Apokolips Now!... or later?

If you use Darkseid, you must at least use...

Furies
Kalibak
Granny Goodness
Parademons
Darkseid's Elite
Orion
Mister Miracle
Big Barda

That's why Johns/Lee JL Origin was bad along with JL: War. If you use Darkseid, fully use Darkseid.

A noob JL team should use white martians or Brainiac.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #27
Luchador Bane
I'm Trying OK?

I'm all for introducing Darkseid for JL but how do you guys want to see Darkseid? All CGI and 8ft tall ala Hulk in Avengers or practical, make-up effects on a body like let's say The Rock?

Luchador Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #28
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thanos View Post
Copying the Geoff Johns / JL War version of Darkseid would be the worst thing they could do. First mistake would be to use Darkseid as the League's first threat; that should never happen, Darkseid needs to be built up, the New Gods and the Fourth World have to be properly introduced first. But the most glaring error was making Darkseid a dumb, generic alien invader. He just comes in, with minimal explanation, invades Earth, beats the crap out of the League and is eventually repelled. That's... just a generic story about a powerful alien invader. It doesn't make Darkseid stand out.

The best portrayals of Darkseid show him as a smart, elegant villain. The face of evil, unquestioned ruler of Apokolips, who stays in the back controlling and manipulating things (but is still fully capable of wiping the floor with the heroes if it comes down to that). His only objective was to destroy the free will of every being in the universe. That's what Anti-Life is.

I don't really feel intimidated when I see this:

Sure, he's strong and all, but Darkseid here is nothing but a brute, just another tough guy the JL has to face.

Now, this is a scary villain:

Notice how he doesn't come in blasting everything, he doesn't get in a huge fight with the heroes, nor is he first in the frontlines. He just comes in, going about his business, and just casually slaps Superman away. The fact he doesn't even give importance to Superman, calling him an insect, passes power much better than seeing him brawling with the Justice League, even though it's a lesser feat. That's how Darkseid should appear in a movie. Elegant, powerful, calm, calculating.
I have to agree. Furthermore however, I think Darkseid should be the ultimate villain, for Superman, and the Justice League, separately.

Starting with the most all-god powerful leaves no stories open for sequels. They should start with possibly one villain with possible sidekicks. White Martians, the eye star thing...I forgot the name. In the sequel, and it would be so exciting, the Injustice Gang. Then the Legion of Doom...and Darkseid, except Darkseid is not on their side, he thinks himself as superior.

Darkseid should be the one on the top.

Fortunately, Man of Steel already faced a world invasion by aliens, how do you go from that to Metallo or Lex Luthor? We've already seen Superman use the ***k out of his powers...

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #29
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I would like if maybe the Superman sequel was about Supergirl. Maybe that's where the Supergirl in the thing went. Darkseid somehow grabbed a hold of her and she is one of the furies but she escapes somehow and crash lands in Gotham Bay.

This is more to introduce Darkseid to the DCCU to set him up.

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 07-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #30
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchador Bane View Post
I'm all for introducing Darkseid for JL but how do you guys want to see Darkseid? All CGI and 8ft tall ala Hulk in Avengers or practical, make-up effects on a body like let's say The Rock?
Darkseid should be CGI'd.

Also who would you get as the voice of Darkseid? Michael Ironside?.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #31
Luchador Bane
I'm Trying OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post

CGI for me too. Michael Ironside was bad*** as Darkseid in TAS. He would be definatley a fan favorite. I also would like Keith David, he would be interesting as Darkseid.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #32
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

I don't know about here, but on other places of the net, people have been suggesting Dennis Haysbert for the voice of Darkseid. He is actually a really good actor too besides being known for Allstate commercials.

Just a few seconds of his voice at beginning in first video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by BatmanVSuperman; 07-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.
BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Darkseid should be mo-caped and since he aint gonna be Thanos, my top pick would be Ron Perlman. Watch him in AFRO SAMURAI voicing justice, especially the last chapter. Other than the faux cowboy drawl thing his performance as a villain that seeks ultimate power while monologuing to the hero about all sorts of pseudo philosophic subjects is totally in the wheel house of a big bad like Darkseid. He's got the acting chops, the voice, is well liked in the fan community, and always, Pac Rim excepted, brings gravitas to his roles. Mo-cap would allow for a much more versatile performance than make up and also lets an older actor like Ron still be seen to do physical stuff.

I still am very much against Darkseid in a first time JLA movie though. But among current actors he'd be my pick, and he'd knock it out of the park.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #34
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Perlman is Hellboy and Etrigan in Del Toro's Dark Justice.

Love, LEVITIKUZ

Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #35
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
I don't know about here, but on other places of the net, people have been suggesting Dennis Haysbert for the voice of Darkseid. He is actually a really good actor too besides being known for Allstate commercials.

Just a few seconds of his voice at beginning in first video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dennis Haysbert would be the ****!!!!
There's a lot of good choices here. Ron Perlman could work, but he'd probably just end up sounding too much like Slade from Teen Titans. It'd be weird for me.

Keith David, nah. I love the man, but his Darkseid voice would end up sounding like Spawn. That show is too amazing and he's too definitive as that character for me to be able to get into him as Darkseid.

Something like Rodrigo Santoro's voice in 300 could work really well for Darkseid imo. That voice was incredibly unsettling.

The man that gave us 300 is giving us Justice League. How ****ing sick is that?!!! I'm so pumped. For some reason, Xerxes always gave me huge Darkseid vibes. What do you guys think?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Tony Todd could work, but I'm just basing that off the first Candyman. I don't think I've seen Todd in anything else, but Candyman is one of my favorite movies, and he was terrifying there.

Michael Ironside is still perfect for this role. I would love if they brought him back

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #36
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
I have to agree. Furthermore however, I think Darkseid should be the ultimate villain, for Superman, and the Justice League, separately.

Starting with the most all-god powerful leaves no stories open for sequels. They should start with possibly one villain with possible sidekicks. White Martians, the eye star thing...I forgot the name. In the sequel, and it would be so exciting, the Injustice Gang. Then the Legion of Doom...and Darkseid, except Darkseid is not on their side, he thinks himself as superior.

Darkseid should be the one on the top.

Fortunately, Man of Steel already faced a world invasion by aliens, how do you go from that to Metallo or Lex Luthor? We've already seen Superman use the ***k out of his powers...
You mean...Starro? (I love Starro.)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Perlman is Hellboy and Etrigan in Del Toro's Dark Justice.
Is there some rule about actors not doing multiple roles I'm not aware of re: Hellboy? That's like saying Crowe couldn't be Jor-el because he was Maximus in GLADIATOR. It's a bit nonsensical. Also HELLBOY 3 aint looking like it's happening anytime soon.

As for JLDark/Heaven Sent ect.? Does anyone really think that's also happening anytime soon? Especially now that we're getting a DCCU, and Constantine is on TV? We'll see a live action Titans before we see JLDark. Who is even clamoring for that adaptation compared to all the other DCE proprties out there? Del Toro is going to deliver that Hulk TV show before we see JLDark. So in other words... Don't bet on it. Perlman is a great choice. I'd hate to see him wasted on Etrigan, since he's not even a good fit for that.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #38
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:

Ironside all the way. His voice is New Godly!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Reiter; 07-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #39
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:

CGI Motion Capture, with Michael Ironside providing the voice! I will always associate Michael Ironside with Ham Tyler from V.
(The 80s show not the boring new one.)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I say let Ironside do the motion capture too!

Old 07-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #40
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Ever since Cullen got to do the big screen Prime fans let their inner 9 year olds out to play too often for these things.

Be prepared to be disappointed. I may not get Perlman, but you can be damned sure that Ironside is not even going to be in the running or would be under any circumstances. Heavy infuences by the DCAU or New 52 aren't happening. Calibrate expectations.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #41
Luchador Bane
I'm Trying OK?

Andy Serkis for Darkseid mo-cap with Michael Ironside voice over. Can it get any better?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The role of Darkseid in no way, shape or form requires the talents Serkis brings to the table in the least.. You'd use it to actually capture the performance of the actor you've chosen, facially and body language. Why add another player in there? The mo-cap process by itself allows for a character to appear and do things in a super human fashion as they exist on screen as an SFX. What would adding Serkis, as amazing as he is, bring exactly?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #43
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ever since Cullen got to do the big screen Prime fans let their inner 9 year olds out to play too often for these things.

Be prepared to be disappointed. I may not get Perlman, but you can be damned sure that Ironside is not even going to be in the running or would be under any circumstances. Heavy infuences by the DCAU or New 52 aren't happening. Calibrate expectations.
Why would Ironside be out? Because he's too old? He's exactly the same age as Ron Perlman. Is he not famous enough? I dont get it?

And my inner 9 year old is alive and well, thank you very much.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #44
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Why would Ironside be out? Because he's too old? He's exactly the same age as Ron Perlman. Is he not famous enough? I dont get it?

And my inner 9 year old is alive and well, thank you very much.
This. I don't think it's impossible for Ironside to be the voice of movie Darkseid. Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor) was the voice of Parallax in Justice League

Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #45
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #46
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This. I don't think it's impossible for Ironside to be the voice of movie Darkseid. Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor) was the voice of Parallax in Justice League
You mean the Green Lantern movie? I loved Clancy Brown in Higlander and of course the underrated and underseen Shoot To Kill, starring Tom Berenger and Sidney Poitier. Good movie. Check it out.

But yeah, surely Michael Ironside could pull off the voice and the character will probably be CGI so he could do the motion capture with the other actors, for added realism. Once again, both Ironside and Perlman are the same age, 64.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #47
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
You mean the Green Lantern movie? I loved Clancy Brown in Higlander and of course the underrated and underseen Shoot To Kill, starring Tom Berenger and Sidney Poitier. Good movie. Check it out.

But yeah, surely Michael Ironside could pull off the voice and the character will probably be CGI so he could do the motion capture with the other actors, for added realism. Once again, both Ironside and Perlman are the same age, 64.
oh yeah i meant Green Lantern. Yeah i'm not counting on Ironside as Darkseid, but it's not impossible

Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #48
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
oh yeah i meant Green Lantern. Yeah i'm not counting on Ironside as Darkseid, but it's not impossible
I have my expectations in check as well but i think he would have about the same chance as Ron Perlman. Probably more so, since he already voiced the character. They'll probably go with Kellan Lutz though, he's all the rage these days. lol

Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #49
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Ironside would be out of consideration because he's the voice from the cartoons. Thus why I brought up Cullen as Prime. His being the VO actor from the toons from when you were a kid probably means he aint being put on the list to play Darkseid. Not age. Not fame, though Perlman is a wider known face and name having starred in a couple of series and headlined the two Hellboy movies. It's because it's the sort of idea we fanboys bandy about willy nilly brotherman. Transformer's casting, this ONE time moment where everyone's inner 9 year old was thrown a bone, leads too often to thinking such things as Ironside playing Darkseid could happen. Sorry... It aint. Start a petition if you want, but he's not playing Darkseid (we don't actually know if there are even plans for that character as yet) and he wouldn't be on the list.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:04 AM   #50
wallpaper
Newbie First Class

I hope they establish clues leading up to that scenario. Dc doesn't needs to copy the Marvel formula, they just do the obvious: Tease.

wallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote