The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #51
bluerayer
MCU

Default Re: Apokolips Now!... or later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ironside would be out of consideration because he's the voice from the cartoons. Thus why I brought up Cullen as Prime. His being the VO actor from the toons from when you were a kid probably means he aint being put on the list to play Darkseid. Not age. Not fame, though Perlman is a wider known face and name having starred in a couple of series and headlined the two Hellboy movies. It's because it's the sort of idea we fanboys bandy about willy nilly brotherman. Transformer's casting, this ONE time moment where everyone's inner 9 year old was thrown a bone, leads too often to thinking such things as Ironside playing Darkseid could happen. Sorry... It aint. Start a petition if you want, but he's not playing Darkseid (we don't actually know if there are even plans for that character as yet) and he wouldn't be on the list.
Ah, but i just like to keep an open mind. He would be good IMO and not just because he voiced the character in the cartoons. I think that Michael Ironside is a good, commanding actor and if he were to do mo-cap like Shannon did for MOS it would give him a chance to pull of a real performance against the rest of the cast, Ironside does sinister really well, check him out in Total Recall.(The Arnie movie, not the remake)

But, doesnt your Cullen as Prime point kinda prove that anything is possible? All im saying is stranger things have happened. Obviously, im not gonna start a petition for this, im not that hung up on Ironside, like i said i have an open mind.

Edit: Except for Kellan Lutz being Darkseid. lol, I was obviously kidding about that before...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by bluerayer; 07-15-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: forgot about Kellan the Lutz
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #52
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Dennis Haysbert would be the ****!!!!
There's a lot of good choices here. Ron Perlman could work, but he'd probably just end up sounding too much like Slade from Teen Titans. It'd be weird for me.

Keith David, nah. I love the man, but his Darkseid voice would end up sounding like Spawn. That show is too amazing and he's too definitive as that character for me to be able to get into him as Darkseid.

Something like Rodrigo Santoro's voice in 300 could work really well for Darkseid imo. That voice was incredibly unsettling.

The man that gave us 300 is giving us Justice League. How ****ing sick is that?!!! I'm so pumped. For some reason, Xerxes always gave me huge Darkseid vibes. What do you guys think?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Tony Todd could work, but I'm just basing that off the first Candyman. I don't think I've seen Todd in anything else, but Candyman is one of my favorite movies, and he was terrifying there.

Michael Ironside is still perfect for this role. I would love if they brought him back
Should they cast someone that can do the voice and have a separate person wear the mocap suit? Wouldn't it be better if they can act in front of Cavill and the gang in the suit?

BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #53
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Should they cast someone that can do the voice and have a separate person wear the mocap suit? Wouldn't it be better if they can act in front of Cavill and the gang in the suit?
I think Darkseid will be all CGI and mocap , they could hire separate people for the movement and the voice, doesn't matter. The voice is very important, and hopefully Darkseid looks as good as The Hulk did in The Avengers

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
I think Darkseid will be all CGI and mocap , they could hire separate people for the movement and the voice, doesn't matter. The voice is very important, and hopefully Darkseid looks as good as The Hulk did in The Avengers
I think that it would matter to some degree, it might help Cavill and the rest of the cast if they interact with the real deal. Meaning letting an actor play the mo-cap part.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #55
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
I think that it would matter to some degree, it might help Cavill and the rest of the cast if they interact with the real deal. Meaning letting an actor play the mo-cap part.
Yeah they'd probably get the realest performance that way. . Marvel got Josh Brolin for Thanos. For Darkseid, there's a good chance we'll get a big name like Brolin

Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #56
Loki882
Side-Kick

Anyone who doesn't think that mo-cap requires real acting, besides just voice work, clearly hasn't seen the two new Planet of the Apes movie with Andy Serkis. There's body movements, distinctive physical quirks, facial expressions, etc. Not all acting is verbal.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #57
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I don't get wanting separate actors for Darkseid? Why one for mocap and one for the voice? Just cut out the middle man. You want the mocap to capture as much of the actor that's been chosen's performance. Mark Ruffalo as Hulk is a perfect example. If, for example Robert Deniro were cast as Darkseid, you can be damned well sure that you'd want the mocap to get as much as it could out of his performance and that you would want him on set as much as possible interacting with the rest of the cast.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #58
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
I don't get wanting separate actors for Darkseid? Why one for mocap and one for the voice? Just cut out the middle man. You want the mocap to capture as much of the actor that's been chosen's performance. Mark Ruffalo as Hulk is a perfect example. If, for example Robert Deniro were cast as Darkseid, you can be damned well sure that you'd want the mocap to get as much as it could out of his performance and that you would want him on set as much as possible interacting with the rest of the cast.
Yes, yes. I agree with all of this. You said it much better than me. Good examples with Robert Deniro btw,(Hmm, what if...)acting involves bodylanguage and gestures as well. And the cast acting opposite a real actor would respond better to doing that, instead of acting against an anonymous stunt-double, or a plank of wood or something.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #59
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Quote:
That's what I was eluding to.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #60
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Just wondering what you all think about Snyder using the anti life equation as part of a Darkseid storyline. Would it be too comicbook'y?

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 08-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #61
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

For a comic book film. yeah I guess it would be.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #62
brojinder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Just wondering what you all think about Snyder using the anti life equation as part of a Darkseid storyline. Would it be too comicbook'y?
Honestly, why would Darkseid care about Earth without the Anti-Life Equation?

brojinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #63
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by brojinder View Post
Honestly, why would Darkseid care about Earth without the Anti-Life Equation?
He can be drawn to Earth because of Superman's power. Maybe he intends to use the Kryptonian as a power source

Old 08-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #64
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Why would anyone want to see a Darkseid that wasn't after the Anti-Life Equation? It's seems that's like doing Spider-Man without webs. It's just part of the deal if you are doing and even half way legit version of the character.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #65
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
He can be drawn to Earth because of Superman's power. Maybe he intends to use the Kryptonian as a power source
A pretty useless power source if it only works in one highly specific atmospheric composition.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 AM   #66
brojinder
Side-Kick

Quote:
He don't need Superman. He's stronger than/as strong as Superman.

Last edited by brojinder; 08-05-2014 at 03:02 AM.
brojinder is offline   Reply With Quote