The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Kill Supes?
Yes 9 15.79%
No 43 75.44%
Not sure 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #101
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: The Death of Superman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I have to ask - This report that the rumor about Supes dying and the appearance of Doomsday is based on something about people leaving flowers at his statue? Is there a pic of this? A link to an official source? Where was this first reported?
The only "proof" of this we've gotten is the statue pics and the pics of people with flowers near the statue. Everything else (the Doomsday and death of supes stuff) is pure speculation by fans.

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #102
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I have to ask - This report that the rumor about Supes dying and the appearance of Doomsday is based on something about people leaving flowers at his statue? Is there a pic of this? A link to an official source? Where was this first reported?
Sources were on-set photos posted to instagram and twitter: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/...perman-1572241

teagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #103
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
How many characters were in Days of Future Past again? The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was bad because the writing was atrocious, not because it featured multiple characters.
I dont know, never saw it but from I've heard about it there were alot and they were under used and basically ****.

TASM2 is exactly like SM3, lots of characters that are just thrown in for the sake of.....what exactly?....and **** writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
The Justice League fight Doomsday though with Superman
Yes and no, in the actual storyline sure members of the JLA were there and fighting DOOMSDAY, but none of them even made a dent in him until Superman showed up, the core fight where you really see what DOOMSDAY is capable of is only with Superman.

So like the other movies mentioned above, you can just toss in a few heroes here and there to have **** parts (basically there to get thrown around) and then have the main fight and story based around Superman.....since Double D is a strictly Superman villain, even now with the DOOMED storyline, all the other heroes are just background, nothing more.

All that said and done, still it should NOT happen right now, it really should be in Superman's 3rd solo outing.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #104
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

So why are people putting flowers at this statue for? His birthday?

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #105
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Maybe Batman kills him?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #106
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
So why are people putting flowers at this statue for? His birthday?
An what is this thing about the flowers based on?
An actual pic? An official announcement?
Or just another internet rumor?
As far as what the flowers are for, it could be anything. It doesn't automatically mean he's dead. It could be the anniversary of the fight with Zod, and the flowers are for the people who died that day. Who knows? I certainly don't and neither do you.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 07-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #107
dhandler01
Super High Five

Actually if I remember the report right from Batman News (or whichever one the poster around here runs) it was actually the anniversary of the Zod fight which was rumored to be why the people were there with flowers.

Krypton, Inc I dont want you to think I was attacking you or anything I really enjoy your posts. I like to think most people arent standing on the roof ready to jump at the news of what might happen...I know I am not. I will be at the movie no matter what because I love Superman and think Cav-El rocks! I just want the first meeting of Superman and Batman to be iconic, not something that would seem so ham handed even Michael Bay would laugh

dhandler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #108
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

So, they build this statue of Superman -

Just to knock it down in remembrance of those who died? Where does that make a lick of sense?
And a large congregation of people are laying down flowers at the shattered statue of Metropolis' protector. . Because? I SERIOUSLY doubt it has anything to do with what happened in MOS.
I doubt they made the statue because he died. I'm guessing it's earlier on in the film.
Maybe Lex or Batman destroys that statue later on. Maybe, and I doubt it, maybe it was Doomsday...That's stretching my imagination though.
I don't know what happens, but I'm not going to lose logic and power of deduction just because a majority doesn't want to believe Superman pops his clogs in the film somehow and these people are laying down flowers in his respect.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #109
dhandler01
Super High Five

How do you know why it gets destroyed? Perhaps Metallo throws Superman into it destroying it...

Old 07-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #110
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
I know I can get him off

At the end of his journey, I've had a vision that he'd be killed off.
Not by Doomsday. Nothing as brutal as that.
I loved how he ended in All Star.
That was better than what we got in TDOS. All his affairs were tied up and he there was something really fitting about him entering the sun and powering it back up for us. I loved that.
All Star Superman makes DoS look like scribbles on toilet paper.

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #111
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

*Sigh* I'll just quote myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Everyone wants to kill Superman. I think Superman's death is a very powerful theme, after all Superman embodies hope, good, and kindness. If he dies, somehow we could lose all of that. Nevertheless, it has been done to death. We saw it on the comics, we saw it on Superman: Doomsday, we saw it in Superman Returns, we saw it in Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman, comics and the movie adaptation (beautifully done I might add), and we saw it on the Justice League cartoon.

I just say let the concept rest for a while, and focus on the other things that make Superman great. Themes like hope, optimism, and kindness can work great for Superman, even in a Justice League film.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #112
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
He hasnt inspired anyone yet. I mean in MoS he saved the world but we didnt see the world's reaction to him. Only the military's. So when you say that hope and optimism will die with him, the second movie has to establish him as that before killing him.

Besides that, i find it kind of hard to believe that the world would lose hope just because this one hero died. Sure they would mourn and all, but come on...

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #113
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Isn't that reason enough to not kill the poor guy?

It's a reanimated post brought back from the grave, but I think the idea still holds on.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #114
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
How do you know why it gets destroyed? Perhaps Metallo throws Superman into it destroying it...
Could be. Metallo could throw Superman into it. Lex or Batman could destroy it for whatever reason. Perhaps to symbolise disrespect or victory against him. I don't know.
But I refuse to believe people are laying down flowers next to it because of an anniversary thing. It makes no sense. It's like if we were to lay down flowers at Mount Rushmore for those who died in 9-11. And it's weird that the statue intact and upright in one shot, then into pieces at the next AND they're laying flowers in the ruins, NOT when the statue is intact.
And if the world wasn't ready to trust him, then why are we building statues for him? Fans may not want to believe it, but there could be a possibility that he's done a lot of good off-screen and the world loves him now and when he gets killed, they feel it. Somebody said most of the audience doesn't like this Superman and if he died, we wouldn't feel it, because we haven't seen flourish and we haven't connected with him. Well WB don't expect that attitude of us, and who's to say Terrio hasn't crafted a story and a bunch of scenes where we love him and we'll weep if he does die? Who's to say somewhere in there he takes the terminally ill children on around the world trip? Or something to that effect, where we'll instantly love him?
I'm open minded to it, if executed right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
All Star Superman makes DoS look like scribbles on toilet paper.
It does. Preferably, that's the way I'd like Superman to go if he were to die.
The send off was more emotional and like I said, it was fitting that he would save us by powering up the sun, the same way it powered him.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #115
WBwins
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I refuse to believe people are laying down flowers next to it because of an anniversary thing. It makes no sense. It's like if we were to lay down flowers at Mount Rushmore for those who died in 9-11. And it's weird that the statue intact and upright in one shot, then into pieces at the next AND they're laying flowers in the ruins, NOT when the statue is intact.
And if the world wasn't ready to trust him, then why are we building statues for him? Fans may not want to believe it, but there could be a possibility that he's done a lot of good off-screen and the world loves him now and when he gets killed, they feel it. .
Pretty much what I expect.I expect that BVS will open with a Superman who has already won the trust and love for the world.The movie of course will have Lex try to take it away from him leading to them turning against him untilhe proves himself once more

WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #116
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I expect that too

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #117
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

And again, is the flower business even real? Some of you folks act like it's a fact when at this point it's simply pure rumor from a website with reliability issues (and is not an official source) anyway. Show me PROOF (a pic or a link to an OFFICIAL source would do) that it's real.
Some of you folks are so gullible.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #118
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

So what are you trying to get across exactly?
We can see flowers being put down at the ruined statue, by people who probably work on the film. Apparently there are fire trucks and ambulances at the scene...I've got zero clue what that's about. It can't be a memorial. If emergency services are about, then what's with laying flowers down by city officials, 5 minutes after something has happened in the scene?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #119
dhandler01
Super High Five

How would it be like putting flowers at Mount Rushmore for 9/11? The statue is in Metropolis I believe, where the battle happened. It would be like putting flowers at Ground Zero, which people do pretty much every day ESPECIALLY on the anniversary of 9-11.

I am sorry but that makes 10 times more sense than the DOS angle which will just be a complete rehash of MOS only with more destruction, a pointless death and a wasted Batman and Wonder Woman.

You have to remember there is a lot this movie has to do without even including Doomsday. This isnt just a Superman movie, this is Batman and Superman together. They have an entire arc in the film not to mention all the world building going on. Then you need to have Lex's story told as well. He is the main villain he needs to get a lot of screen time. Plus, as you mention, we need to have sceens of Superman doing heroic things to get the audience (and the world he lives in) on his side.

Some people say have Lex create Doomsday...why? Lex can create any number of big bruiting villains to fight Superman, why force Doomsday into that? You basically make Batman worthless in said fight if you use someone that kills superman but there are many ways to use Batman in a fight with say Metallo or parasite or Bizarro. Plus lots of interesting stories lead from it that dont involve fake deaths.

For the DOS story to be done right you need to really show how deadly Doomsday is. You have to show him escaping whatever prison he is in and falling to Earth. You have to show him lay waste to entire cities and other heroes. He says nothing just destroys. He basically stops the world and when Superman fights him the entire world is watching. When they die after the final punch it has to be shocking something the world thought they would never see, and now we need to wonder what a world would be like without Superman protecting it.

That is too much story for this movie because where in that story do we meet Batman and see his world? How do we get an extended cameo of Wonder Woman? How do we see Batman go from disliking Clark and "fighting" him to then growing to trust him? It would seem a bit trite and really lame if while Doomsday is laying waste to cities (he needs to do over the entire course of a movie if we are to believe he could kill Superman) Superman and Batman are getting to know each other and talking about Lex Luthor.

Post Justice League in the MOS standalone sequel I fully endorse DOS and will salivate over it. By that time Superman will have not only defeated Zod, but also whoever the villains are in BvS and JL. His death will be a lightning rod, it will stop the DCCU's world. You can tease Doomsday for 2 movies before he arrives and you because you have established a world of heroes you can end the movie with A Funeral For a Friend.

JMHO.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #120
dhandler01
Super High Five

Quote:
So what are you trying to get across exactly?
We can see flowers being put down at the ruined statue, by people who probably work on the film. Apparently there are fire trucks and ambulances at the scene...I've got zero clue what that's about. It can't be a memorial. If emergency services are about, then what's with laying flowers down by city officials, 5 minutes after something has happened in the scene?
They are there to honor their fallen comrades...my guess is some would have died saving people as the gods fought and the World Engine laid waste.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #121
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I agree with all that.

But why can't we figure out the answer. Why is the statue of Superman destroyed and why are people putting flowers around it? And why are ambulances and fire trucks there, supposedly, if it's an anniversary thing for those who died?

There has to be some sort of tragedy again for things to be like that?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #122
dhandler01
Super High Five

We cant figure out the answer because they wont tell us any details. It is why the scoop sites all fell for the fake scripts. We dont even know when in the movie that scene happens.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #123
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Superman's totally gonna die in this movie, guys. Zack Snyder allowed the first spy pics from the set to be from an outdoor shoot of Superman's memorial statue after he totally dies in the movie they're making. Zack Snyder, what a silly dum-dum!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #124
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

That's the thing. I don't think it is a memorial statue

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #125
theShape
Creature of Darkness

It's not, and it's not destroyed either. Looks like the rest of the statue would be completed with CGI.